• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Suicide Squad being delayed to Q4 2023

The Stig

They were thinking that they can't have a multiplayer game with the Justice League, because they all have different power levels and skill sets that people know about. To properly fleece stupid fucking gamers who think GaaS games like this are worth playing, every playable character needs to be on the same dogshit poor level at the start, so you can pay lots of lovely money for all those expensive upgrades they want to sell you. Can't monetise Superman enough. Can monetise characters nobody cares about like King Shark.
omfg youre right.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I wonder how Rocksteady and WB felt during development of SS when they saw The Avengers crash, and big budget singleplayer games like Elden Ring, Hogwarts Legacy, God of War and Jedi Fallen Order go on and do gangbusters? Somewhere during development they've must've felt that they betted on the wrong horse.

Sygma

The reviews around anthem were all focused on its stellar movement while deriding the grind and lackluster combat. The flight was its ONLY selling point.

there was nothing stellar about it in any capacity, just seems like you didn't play it

BbMajor7th

'Successful beyond initial purchase,' by which you mean make more money. Or perhaps grab more cash, you could say.
I wouldn't call it a cash grab - to me, that implies low-effort opportunism. They've clearly spent time, money and resources on building this - that doesn't change the fact it is cynical as all hell, late to the party, and thoroughly deserving of a negative reception.

Bartski

Gold Member

turd-polish.jpg

Umbasaborne

Banned
I feel bad for the team, but in this case the delay was absolutley necessary. I dont know how much of this game they will be able to salvage though. I just dont get how one of the most acclaimed developers of the last 2 generations fell from grace so hard. They must have burnt through a ton of cancelled projects

fart town usa

Gold Member
haha, thanks.

P.S. I just started Ghostwire last night and love it. Thought that might cheer you up! The game's sick.
Hell yea, glad to hear that.

Yea, I'm good, appreciate it bruh. I realized I just need to post in less threads. I noticed myself getting overly negative and that's not the way I want to portray myself here.

semiconscious

Gold Member
I feel bad for the team, but in this case the delay was absolutley necessary. I dont know how much of this game they will be able to salvage though. I just dont get how one of the most acclaimed developers of the last 2 generations fell from grace so hard. They must have burnt through a ton of cancelled projects
well, if it's anything like gotham knights (which i finally played), i'm thinking 'not very much'. i'm seeing this 'delay' as mostly simply putting off the inevitable, unfortunately. possibly it's all about determining which upcoming financial quarter'd be best in which to take the hit?...

Top Bottom