• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.
abstract alien said:
I really loved how they handled that situation. Such a smart move on their part.
The Wii was certainly flawless execution in terms of how it was revealed and shown over the years.

These leaks seem to be going the opposite direction! I doubt Nintendo planned for all of this. That said, let's see what they do about it.

Krowley

AniHawk said:
sorta expecting pictures of the system/controller on tuesday, just to get people used to it like they did with the wii, so e3 can be all about showing off software without people freaking out.

Yeah, I get the feeling there will be something significant shown at the investors meeting, and if not, official stuff is gonna start leaking soon.

Apparently, loose-lipped devs have this system, and even more beans are likely to be spilled in the near future. This is shaping up to be more like an MS or Sony console ramp-up in terms of secrecy.

antonz

_Alkaline_ said:
If they do a blowout at E3, can we honestly expect to not see it launch until Fall 2012?
01net and IGN both seem to think its gonna launch first half 2012 the latest. 01net in particular has been saying June 2012. Though its been discussed there could be an early launch in Japan and then fall in NA/EU but I dont know.

AniHawk

GregLombardi said:
The Wii was certainly flawless execution in terms of how it was revealed and shown over the years.

These leaks seem to be going the opposite direction! I doubt Nintendo planned for all of this. That said, let's see what they do about it.
well nintendo has shuffled stuff around on the fly before. i think e3 2005 was initially going to have a lot more wii/revolution stuff, but because sony had that huge ps3 blowout earlier, they didn't want to follow with games that looked like gamecube titles, so there was a 20 minute period for nintendogs and electroplankton instead.

We need a new thread tomorrow for the conference, as others have said. I don't want everything split between this thread and the other Wii 2 thread.

abstract alien said:
I really loved how they handled that situation. Such a smart move on their part.

Yup.

Nintendo: "Here's the system..."
Internet: Cool!

Nintendo: "Here's the controller"
Internet: WTF OMG

Nintendo: "It's called Wii."
Internet: OMGWTFFASDFNASDFNSADFNI!!!111

Nintendo: "And here are the games!"
Internet: ALL OVER MY FACE

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AniHawk said:
actually doesn't look terrible, but still uncomfortable.

tomorrow: release date window (as part of their forecast)
tuesday: official pre-announcement
e3: blowout extravaganza

sorta expecting pictures of the system/controller on tuesday, just to get people used to it like they did with the wii, so e3 can be all about showing off software without people freaking out.
I wish I was as involved in during the Wii announcement as I am now. That would be one hell of a time. A complete WTF move by Nintendo that paid off so well for them.

I don't mean to go too off topic but when did we learn there would be motion controls for the Wii?

AniHawk said:
well nintendo has shuffled stuff around on the fly before. i think e3 2005 was initially going to have a lot more wii/revolution stuff, but because sony had that huge ps3 blowout earlier, they didn't want to follow with games that looked like gamecube titles, so there was a 20 minute period for nintendogs and electroplankton instead.
Really? Do you have a source for this? I've never heard of this.

I remember that E3 and watching the conferences. That was a horrific horrific Nintendo conference.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Most information is pointing to a mid-2012 release, but I think Nintendo has learned it's lesson with the 3DS not making the holiday season like originally planned.

Cafe' to have a holiday 2011 release in at LEAST one territory (Japan). Book it.

GameE

Why is everyone making a big deal out of this conference.
It isn't even a conference, it is an investors meeting. We'll get lucky if they even talking about it.

Vinci

Danish
Fantastical said:
I wish I was as involved in during the Wii announcement as I am now. That would be one hell of a time. A complete WTF move by Nintendo that paid off so well for them.

I don't mean to go too off topic but when did we learn there would be motion controls for the Wii?

I believe there were rumors leading into E3, but it wasn't confirmed till Nintendo showed a trailer of various douches jumping over couchs and shit. At least that's when it became clear what they were trying for.

GameE said:
It isn't even a conference, it is an investors meeting. We'll get lucky if they even talking about it.
Didn't "someone" confirm that "some" info regarding Cafe would be discussed at the conference? I can't remember who though.

antonz

GameE said:
They announce and show stuff at all of these meetings. I highly doubt we will get much on the Wii2. But there will be a confirmation of it and maybe a tease then it will end with See Ya at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom