• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PS5 Slim to be released Q3 2023

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
perhaps this was designed to increase the supply of PS5 for 2023 onwards?

Last edited:

dotnotbot

New design? Shame. I wanted to see the meltdown of all the waiters when they release newer version with similar curvy panels, just smaller and slimmer.

Last edited:
No Pro console this generation, please !! Give us a proper next gen PS6 in 2026/2027
You'll get a pro version around 2025 and next gen around 2029.

A year ago Sony had live service games planned to be released until 2026 for PS5 at least. This gen is taking a while to actually get going and videogame development has never been this slow. There's no reasons for a new gen in 4 years.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
No Pro console this generation, please !! Give us a proper next gen PS6 in 2026/2027
Latest rumor on Pro models is late 2024 possibly into 2025 so I doubt we get a new PS6 in '26 or '27

It will still be marred by devs not being able to have the resources needed to make next-gen looking games.
Once they totally drop support for base PS4/Xbox things will get much better but thats a lot of players/money to miss out on

ksdixon

The fans are optional? I thought they had something to do with directed airflow?

Also, I just have mine stood up atm without stand. Is that a bad idea?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Didnt they already do a die shrink thus the 50 buck increase?

Last edited:
maybe i'll finally get a ps5 if this is true even if it's just to play one game which is vii rebirth. well i suppose i'll buy part 1 again and replay that. also need to replay bloodborne it's been too long!

hopefully they get ride of the silly curves and make it flat.

Last edited:

chromhound

Yeah, it's difficult to ship many units when you can only fit 5 or 6 PS5s per truck.
dr7 GIF

clem84

Gold Member
Normally I would say I'm waiting for this model, but it's still pretty difficult to find a PS5 in stores so I'm waiting either way.

Caio

as much as I hate another improved version, if the improved version allows to run current gen games at 60fps, im in.
Exactly what I think : the life cycle is getting longer, and the base models will start to struggle with the best multiplatform games, starting from 2023. So, just immagine how the biggest games are gonna run in 2025-2026 on them. Why not to have the Mid-Gen upgrades by Sept-Nov 2024, in order to run the best multiplatform games at 60fps(vs 30fps of the base models) with improved graphics and settings, or the Exclusive Games at 60fps with improved Graphics and settings compared to the Base model running "Fidelity" at 30fps ? I can't see this as a bad thing. Actually, it's a Plus for the ones who want this and can afford it.

Cyberpunkd

perhaps this was designed to increase the supply of PS5 for 2023 onwards?
How would that work? You still need factories and supply lines to produce and deliver the consoles, precisely what it so difficult now. The problem will resolve itself with time, not due to new design.

Three

Is the source of this reputable? I've never heard of it before. Seems like some random website regurgitating info. On the runup to black friday too.

It would be more 2027/2028. There are leaks the ps6 May be all digital and not have perfect BC with ps5 so thats a horrific alternative to a ps5 pro if you want your games to play better. Hopefully late 2024 we get it

Top Bottom