• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PlayStation showcase is currently set for September 8th

Gamerguy84

I can see this being true. Maybe not the exact date but close to it.

They need to generate hype. Covid really did a number on video games in general. Doesnt seem to be as much buzz among casuals.

I feel like they are holding back some big announcements. GoWR blowout, PSVR showcase and date with HFW and Gran Turismo would set shit on fire for the holiday hype.

Last edited:
At this point, I am only interested in a new Silent Hill. We all know its coming, the remaining questions are only when and if it is the Silent Hill game that we want an deserve or Bloober Team...

Yep. Starfield's vistas give me that next gen vibes but other than that, my goodness, next year looks like a barren wasteland when it comes to next gen visuals. We need Sony to save us and give us something to look forward to. I dont care if nothing is coming out next year. I just want to see something that looks next gen.

Been asking for Cory's new IP, GG's new IP and Sony Bends new IP for almost 2 years now, but this time i will keep my expectations in check an simply want to see Spiderman and Wolverine look next gen. Death Stranding 2 and ND's next game would be nice but im done expecting these studios to be as productive as Insomniac.

Zero chance of Wolverine being there: Too soon to show anything, and they must focus on Spiderman 2 in the meantime.

Another day another Showcase rumor thread on GAF, how delightful. Look, a Showcase is long overdue so it's only a matter of time. September makes a lot of sense but we're living in a nonsensical world so who knows.

What's intriguing to a Playstation fan like me is that we know absolutely nothing about what Sony's big 1st party studios are working on (besides Insomniac doing Spiderman 2 and Wolverine). Naughty Dog, Guerilla, SSM, Bluepoint, Bend and all the rest, we've got no clue. Something tells me the next couple of years are going to beyond bananas, fingers crossed Jimmy gets his head out of his ass and gives the fans something to be excited about soon, we've been waiting.

Last edited:

Matsuchezz

I can confirm that such event will happen between now and the end of the year. Or 2023 at the latest.
I just hope Hideo Kohima work with Guillermo del Toro to produce a horror game even if it doesn’t take place in the silent hill universe.

Last edited:

Lupin25

I don’t believe any of their announcements ever go diluted, because at this point they move to the beat of their own drum dropping trailers/SOP’s practically whenever.

I do believe Sony has a preference to go last… just to strategically watch the competition and end the summer off right with most of the recency bias lol.

Whatever they show… it’s going to be with a bang, they rarely have these showcases anymore and they’re saving a LOT of info at this point.

Please show something good

We literally have zero next gen looking games to look forward to

Not interested in Resident Evil 4, FF7R or XVI, not even Spider-Man 2, Wolverine?

I thought we all loved Insomniac?

Last edited:
mel blatt gtfo GIF by All Saints

Another day another Showcase rumor thread on GAF, how delightful. Look, a Showcase is long overdue so it's only a matter of time. September makes a lot of sense but we're living in a nonsensical world so who knows.

What's intriguing to a Playstation fan like me is that we know absolutely nothing about what Sony's big 1st party studios are working on (besides Insomniac doing Spiderman 2 and Wolverine). Naughty Dog, Guerilla, SSM, Bluepoint, Bend and all the rest, we've got absolutely no clue. Something tells me the next couple of years are going to absolutely bananas, fingers crossed Jimmy gets his head out of his ass and gives the fans something to be excited about soon, we've been waiting.

Imagine all the 3rd party and 2nd party exclusive deals they have in the works. They let so much of their big 3rd party games go in the last two years i imagine they’ve been spending a lot of money to get some new stuff

Also there is absolutely nothing that a Disney game event can announce or show that can top Sonys own marvel games much less all their other new announcements. It’s Disney games that should be scared of Sony not the other way around. Disney might stomp them when it comes to movies, but gaming is Sony's domain. 3rd party publishers just don’t have the sauce to top Sony first party studios

What are they gonna announce Indiana jones, sky dance fantastic four game, updates for that disney gacha brawler, a new fallen order trailer, pirates of the Caribbean mobile game? Nothing really compares to Sony hype cycle, nothing will look better than spider-man 2. A lot of casuals are gonna watch the marvel/disney/Lucas show but gaming media are going crazy with think pieces over those games. Only reason they probably won’t do them at the same time is because disney might want to throw some spider-man 2 in the sizzle reel at their event

Last edited:

night13x

Was talking to my insider source , "the con", and he actually confirmed they are shooting for a Sept 4th date.

List of games:
bloodborne: Soulmaster'd
Final Fantasy XVI-2 announced
Cory in the house 2: FBI raid
Wolverine - surprise announcement featuring a re-tooled black female wolverine
Spider-man 2 - delay announcement
Vita 2 reveal

Stay tuned.

Top Bottom