• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Midori (SEGA/Atlus leaker) claims that Persona 6 will still take place in high school

Kilau

full house whatever GIF

Hudo

Man. I genuinely wish for a Persona set in a police academy. You could still have a "academy setting/school setting" vibe with the structure of classes and whatnot. But you could also tap into fighting a crime syndicate using Demons/Persona with your Persona. And you could even do some off-time stuff like having to do traffic cop shifts or something, where you could simultaneously "hang out" with a fellow police cadet (relationship events, etc.).

killatopak

Man. I genuinely wish for a Persona set in a police academy. You could still have a "academy setting/school setting" vibe with the structure of classes and whatnot. But you could also tap into fighting a crime syndicate using Demons/Persona with your Persona. And you could even do some off-time stuff like having to do traffic cop shifts or something, where you could simultaneously "hang out" with a fellow police cadet (relationship events, etc.).
Essentially SMT Devil Summoner.

KXVXII9X

I would want a college version with an older cast, PERSONAlly. I think the Persona games do a great job with their cast and can still relate to a lot of the characters in some way, but after playing Yakuza Like a Dragon and some of Infinite Wealth, I wouldn't mind more of these kinds of JRPGs to focus on an older cast. It is such a trope at this point where high schoolers defeat Gods and demons.

This is more of a personal gripe of mine. I'm sure PStudio is doing something they are familiar with and don't want to deviate too much. I'm still really excited to see what Persona 6 entails. Metaphor already looks great.

Celcius

°Temp. member
It would be cool to have middle aged characters but I guess the series is just about high school life.

Hohenheim

Yay, yet another round of "those damn grown-ups are soo evil!"

I'd like it to tale place in a high school, BUT the entire cast is the staff. And they're struggling with all those snotty, uptight students which makes their lives a living hell.
One of the characters is the "cool uncle" who tries to fit in as a friend with the students. And the first major mission is to find a cure for the coffee/smoke breath that every teacher used to have.

The biggest challenge is to not offend any students on behaf of other students.
It's gonna be a blast!

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I disagree with that tweet. A college setting would be interesting because it would allow for uniquely written characters, dealing with life as adults in their early 20s within the style of Persona.
Considering that most Persona fans are grown adults and not kids in high school, I think it could allow audiences to relate to characters in ways they couldn't in past games.
It's not like it would be a major departure since it would still be set within an academic setting like past entries.

They already have a winning formula so I wouldn't expect them to change things up, but it wouldn't hurt to experiment a bit after several entries.

Last edited:

Lethal01

I'd like it to tale place in a high school, BUT the entire cast is the staff. And they're struggling with all those snotty, uptight students which makes their lives a living hell.
One of the characters is the "cool uncle" who tries to fit in as a friend with the students. And the first major mission is to find a cure for the coffee/smoke breath that every teacher used to have.

It's gonna be a blast!

Man, adults really do suck

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

It's gonna be a blast!

I like this idea. One party member could be the school janitor, Ricky, who has a mullet and drives a '76 Camaro. He knows all the maintenance entrances so you can move around the school hidden, and he gets bonus damage when you give him cigarettes.

KXVXII9X

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

Wanted to start with the previous game anyway, prefer turn based to Yakuza button mashing.
I think you would really like it! It still has the great Yakuza storytelling with some Persona 5 esque gameplay which gets expanded upon in Infinite Wealth. You have the social links, personality charts that improve as you do activities, a bunch of mini games and slice of life elements.

Sorcerer

Isn't that the setting for all Persona games? Going back to 1 I always appreciated that it took RPG's out of the fantasy/medieval realm. Parasite Eve is another that comes to mind. Not having played Persona since Eternal Punishment, can't say if the premise has gone stale or not.

Hohenheim

I like this idea. One party member could be the school janitor, Ricky, who has a mullet and drives a '76 Camaro. He knows all the maintenance entrances so you can move around the school hidden, and he gets bonus damage when you give him cigarettes.
Yes! Ricky!! And the students has some sort of creepy children of the corn-vibe going on. Would be cool!

ProtoByte

This is the bigger problem. Specifically that there's a risk of scenario and thematic repetition.

Not ecstatic about the hs setting, but it's really the type of plot and writing style they're gonna go after with this. I don't think I can do another game of the P3-5 saga in the exact same "format", if you will.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Whelp, looks like the ninja's got to Midori, they're calling it quits on leaking things anymore.

sigmaZ

High school is fine. The first one was in a high school. I just hope you can actually explore the city and there's more to do. If their going to have a calendar system, have actual time pass by or do something different.

april6e

Bummer, I would have loved one set in university (similar to Catherine) so we could get different sorts of characters and such. But whatever.

Last edited:

Sensei

If they are planning to release it next year, I think they will probably show something at one of the conferences this summer (probably the Xbox one, since both P3R and ReFantazio were shown there first).

So basically everything is just as people predicted.
Though I wonder what shade of green they are going to use as the green color is quite bright usually.

If they are planning to release it next year, I think they will probably show something at one of the conferences this summer (probably the Xbox one, since both P3R and ReFantazio were shown there first).
If they reveal P6 during Xbox showcase, it will overshadow Metaphor and I am not sure if Atlus wants that.

But damn, Sega's japanese teams are crazy productive - Yakuza and Atlus are producing crazy amount of games these years. Basically a game every year or something.

They could've at least moved it to university/college. But oh well.. I will play it anyway...
School settings - just like isekai (which is also often a school setting) - are very popular. I don't think Persona will move away from that any time soon. School setting is popular among children and adults also.

Last edited:

Sensei

If they reveal P6 during Xbox showcase, it will overshadow Metaphor and I am not sure if Atlus wants that.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't think they'd announce it at the PlayStation conference. I honestly can't remember the last time an Atlus game was announced at a Sony event . Maybe at Nintendo's, if Persona 6 ends up being a launch title for the Switch successor.

Top Bottom