• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] From Logan to Laura? "Wolverine 3" to possibly feature X-23 (SuperHeroHype)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
A much better solution imo than trying to recast Jackman.

I weep for whoever gets saddled with that responsibility. Gonna be a rough production cycle for whoever it eventually falls to.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Please no. I don't really care for her. :/ I don't need them forcing Wolverine's "name" onto her. Let her be X-23 like she is in the comics.

Taskmaster might develop a reputation of beating on children

2uICqof.jpg

God, he just sounds like Skeletor to me.

X-23 sounds fine, I just don't like her one dumb toe blade

I fully expected this once Jackman said this would be his last movie in the role. Introducing X-23 allows them to go forward with "Wolverine" in their universe and keep making movies without having to cast a new Logan and have that person immediately compared to Jackman. Eventually they'll cast a new Logan, but it's best to let that role rest for now.

I hate the full mask and hair thing in this costume. Either give her a close cropped cut and wear the wolverine mask properly, or redesign something that doesn't look like shit with long hair flowing from the back.

Depends on how its drawn, if all the hair is just coming out of a slit in the back it doesn't look so good however
looks a bit better.

kswiston

Nobody knows what it is yet.

You can't really adapt Old Man Logan, though. There's too much of that story completely tied up in the Marvel-owned characters.

I was going to say. By the time you took out everything Fox doesn't have rights for, you basically have a 10 minute "What if Wolverine killed the X-Men?" sequence followed by Millar ripping off Unforgiven and the Saint of Killers' origin story.

Slayven

I was going to say. By the time you took out everything Fox doesn't have rights for, you basically have a 10 minute "What if Wolverine killed the X-Men?" sequence followed by Millar ripping off Unforgiven and the Saint of Killers' origin story.

LOL yeah yeah Old Man Logan was about the whole Marvel universe.

Make NyX. Perfect, diverse ensemble cast. One of my favorite series and my intro to x-23 who has become my favorite Marvel character.

Crocodile

Seems like a good idea. X-23 has been pretty cool in most of her incarnations. Still a shame Jackman will be exiting the role soon but its understandable.

Well, I am obviously completely against this.

LOL

I hate the full mask and hair thing in this costume. Either give her a close cropped cut and wear the wolverine mask properly, or redesign something that doesn't look like shit with long hair flowing from the back.

The costume kind of looks bad on Wolverine already (super glad the Live Action movies don't use it), so its no surprise it looks equally bad on Laura. The design that premiered on X-Men Evolution, is used in MvC3, etc. the the best one.

Teggy

The costume kind of looks bad on Wolverine already (super glad the Live Action movies don't use it), so its no surprise it looks equally bad on Laura. The design that premiered on X-Men Evolution, is used in MvC3, etc. the the best one.

Let's be real, she'll be wearing a leather sports bra and yoga pants.

I was gonna say get the girl who's Jubilee in Apocalypse, but then, well, she's Jubilee in Apocalypse.

So I looked her up on IMDb to see what's up and lol who wrote this?

Alluring, extraordinary, and a natural talent are all ways that actress on the rise Lana Condor could be described. As one of the most up and coming talents in the entertainment industry today, Condor has already made a name for herself with her innate ability to bring characters to life on screen...

...While living in New York, Condor's parents encouraged her to give acting a chance seeing a natural ability in their daughter. She took her first acting class during her freshman year in high school and was hooked. Condor and her family moved to Los Angeles her sophomore year of high school, where she auditioned and landed a coveted spot in The Los Angeles Ballet. She was one of their youngest and most accomplished dancers...

...Condor lives in the Los Angeles area and loves all things involved with the outdoors: hiking, swimming, kayaking, and surfing. She also has a big place in her heart for charity work, and has volunteered at nursing and convalescent homes since she was in 8th grade...

You're not supposed to write your own IMDb bio, Lana.

unbleached leather cheerio

Holy SHIT is this... another way to say butthole? Oh my god I have to tell all of my friends. Thank you Bobby thank you so much.

Edit: I just realized you gave me "Going Full Dipshit" today in that Star Wars EU Billboard thread. You are on fire like I have never seen you before Mr Roberts!

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The Wolverine was so good.
I'm to has like no awareness though, very pop culture underrated.

This is actually the first time I'm hearing about Patrick Steward. Is this a plot sequel to the end of Days of Future Past?

I don't understand why all the Wolverines have different claw placement.

I hate how there is a group of "wolf-like mutants"(which were humans evolved from wolves, not apes... LOL), The Lupine(which apparently Sabertooth, Feral and Wolfsbane are also part of). Wolverine being one of them(and his name James Howlett nodding to that). So much damn bullshit added to this character's backstory. Should've kept it simple and have him just be "Logan", nothing more, nothing less. This is the problem I have with a lot of comics in general, though. Is it any wonder I lost interest in this medium a long time ago?

Squire

Banned
Eww Gambit.

He's like very sweet in that series. Great comic.

Holy SHIT is this... another way to say butthole? Oh my god I have to tell all of my friends. Thank you Bobby thank you so much.

Edit: I just realized you gave me "Going Full Dipshit" today in that Star Wars EU Billboard thread. You are on fire like I have never seen you before Mr Roberts!

"That's about 250 Harriets" 😂

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeeeeeees @ X-23.

Please be real.

Would make sense too, given if he was being taken at the end of Days of Future Past to have the Adamantium grafted. Plenty of time to grab a DNA sample.

Cuburt

I know this is an X-Men thread but this quote is utterly fascinating regarding Kingpin's rights:

When the rights to Daredevil reverted back to Marvel in 2013, most assumed that meant the rights to one of his main antagonists, Wilson Fisk, came along as a part of the package. However, a 2012 quote from Avi Arad, one of the producers of Sony's Marvel films, proves that's not the case. When asked by SuperHeroHype if Sony or Fox had the rights to the Fisk, better known as the Kingpin, Arad replied:

"Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe--without getting too legal beagle here--is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I'm sure we can handle that."

Very recently, in an interview with IGN, Feige said of the rights to the Kingpin,"Kingpin we either have or somehow share. I'm not 100 percent clear on that one." With a Daredevil series forthcoming in 2015 from Netflix, perhaps Sony, who does have a good working relationship with Marvel Studios, will be willing to work out a deal to allow the Kingpin to enter the MCU.
Sony owning the rights/sharing them with Marvel seems to make D'Onofrio Kingpin appearing in Spider-Man seem slightly more likely now.

So then X-Force, yes?
X23-header.png

jLtf8Mg.jpg

I could see her in the role. Too bad they wasted this actress for the TV show.
Nah. I like her and all, but nah.
Does he still exist? I haven't read x-comics since AvX outside of the Uncanny Avengers stuff.
He was in Spider-Man and the X-Men in 2015. He was in Wolverine and the X-Men (the 2014 run). I think he's in Extraordinary? Maybe? No? I forget.
Would be cool if X-23 had to fight her brother
176056-107116-daken.jpg
Can SHE drown him in a puddle?
She's a clone. Making males are problematic but female versions are much easier to do, hence the gender.

Two claws because why not, she has a third on her foot which can be pretty damn useful and creative at times depending on usage.
Drax was a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom