• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Forza Motorsport is coming out in October

Umbasaborne

Banned
“These are the games releasing in the next 12 months”

Fo3Buf2WIAIg_fw.jpg

Shit post aside. I am genuinley very excited for this game. I put god knows how many hours in to fm’s 2-7. Can easily see myself putting over 100 hours into this

ZehDon

Gold Member
hellblade. but that one-month window is bad
I'm not sure I'd do that, myself - Hellblade isn't exactly a mass market title waiting to pop off. If it were me, I'd delay Starfield till November, give them two more months to polish, and let it be the holiday title.
Everwild out of left field.
That's not left field, that's the parking lot across town :D

I'm not sure I'd do that, myself - Hellblade isn't exactly a mass market title waiting to pop off. If it were me, I'd delay Starfield till November, give them two more months to polish, and let it be the holiday title.

it doesn't matter when is released. but with those 3 games MS has 5-6 months to build a "cadence" of AAA. Which is one of the many issues Xbox has.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going with Age of Empires IV for Xbox consoles in October and Forza Motorsport in November.

Riky

$MSFT
Built from the ground up next gen exclusives take time, Turn 10 are one of the most consistent studios around.
Just technically alone this is a huge release for this generation, 4k 60fps with on track RT is the promise.
Also how this is all going to translate to Series S, can't wait to see it next month.

GenericUser

Sounds totally reasonable. But they need to show more of the game, to finally convince me. Show me the single player progression system. GT7 was trash in that regard. I want start with a japanese sports car from the 80s and work my way up from there, that would be sweet.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Right at the time everyone expected, I assume? Should be interesting to see if they can take another little step foreward, the games they have made have been so 8.5-9, like to see a 9.5 here. .....

Senua

Built from the ground up next gen exclusives take time, Turn 10 are one of the most consistent studios around.
Just technically alone this is a huge release for this generation, 4k 60fps with on track RT is the promise.
Also how this is all going to translate to Series S, can't wait to see it next month.
"Built from the ground up"

you don't actually believe that do you?

Sounds totally reasonable. But they need to show more of the game, to finally convince me. Show me the single player progression system. GT7 was trash in that regard. I want start with a japanese sports car from the 80s and work my way up from there, that would be sweet.

God I hope so. I sold GT7 about a week after I bought it due to that. I SO wanted it to be a Gran Turismo 4 esque single player and I was so disappointed with the super linear cafe system that was forced on us.

FM7s career was better but still you go into super fast stuff straight away, it just ruins the build up and the pay off of finally driving a fast racing car after working towards that goal for the first half of the game. classic GT had the formula perfected, they changed it for some reason, and most people dont even seem to mind which I find crazy

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
But Forza Motorsport never took as much time
Because they were reworking their engine for next-gen
Plus pandemic slowdown
Plus helping PG with adaptation of ForzaTech for non-racing genre (Fable)

I mean. Motorsport 7 was criticised for treading the same waters then previous games. So I'm glad they are taking their time instead of rushing another Motorsport game out 2 years after FM7. Just hoping it will translate into better campaign (for example).

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned

That's not left field, that's the parking lot across town :D
Actually, it was quietly put in the dumpster after they realized it wasnt actually going anywhere

DaGwaphics

The whole tyres having more contact points and the physics being refresh at a greater rates need proper demonstration for it to be perceived meaningfully.

They'll probably do one of the developer showcases for it before launch. Would be a great spot to try and demonstrate these upgrades, though I assume that some things like this would be more apparent when playing than just watching.

reksveks

They'll probably do one of the developer showcases for it before launch. Would be a great spot to try and demonstrate these upgrades, though I assume that some things like this would be more apparent when playing than just watching.
Unfortunately that's a big barrier.

Forza monthly is a thing so I fear that they will stick some of that stuff that's harder to sell in there and keep the sexy stuff in the June or Developer Direct.

I know it ain't easy but showing how a car tires react when going over a curb when the game is refreshing at 30hz vs 60hz (or whatever the correct numbers) would be really helpful.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The whole tyres having more contact points and the physics being refresh at a greater rates need proper demonstration for it to be perceived meaningfully.
Yeah, it's just repeated PR bullet points right now without anyone knowing WTF it means.

fatmarco

Actually I do, considering the complete physics and graphics overhaul with Tier 2 VRS.
Also they were consistently releasing games up until FM7 so the timeframe makes me believe what they say.
Are you genuinely citing "Tier 2 Variable Rate Shading" as a reason a game would take 6 years to develop?

They literally haven't released a game since before the Xbox One X released (Being a support studio to Playground doesn't count).

You are right though, they were consistently releasing games up to Forza 7. Which is why this level of a delay is so puzzling, there had to have been something that went terribly wrong behind the scenes. As a side note I personally think pushing Ray Traced Reflections in game is a complete waste of time and a waste of resources, and I'll be surprised if it looks better than Forza Horizon 5.

Top Bottom