• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP : Mission Impossible

I've binged-watched all six films over the past week and I can't remember another film series that gets better and better as the films go on.

Rogue Nation and Fallout were so well delivered, from the stunts to the 'anti-hero' Ilse, to the bad guy to the personal plot of Hunt and the cameo from Baldwin. It just worked.

Would recommend.

Bonus: Rebecca Ferguson is a hot piece of arse.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They definitely found the perfect director in McQuarrie and Cruise pushes it to the max in every film.

At this point I think I want less of the "team" other than Ferguson, or at least swap a few folks out.

And I totally expect Cruise to die on set in MI 12 as he launches himself into space attempting to film a live spacewalk heist scene :p

Doom85

I'd say 1 and 3 are about on par with each other. Great films but not amazing per say. 2 is the odd one out, there are plenty of moments that are fun in how insanely over-the-top they are, but there's a lot of moments that drag, and the romance was so corny, no wonder they never referenced her in any of the films after.

4-6 are just top-notch, I like 4 and 6 just SLIGHTLY over 5 but it's super close.

I'd almost say stop now while they're on such a high note but I said the same thing after 5 ended and then 6 continued to kick ass and take names. So I'll just wise up and not doubt the good possibility that 7 will also rock.

I've binged-watched all six films over the past week and I can't remember another film series that gets better and better as the films go on.

Rogue Nation and Fallout were so well delivered, from the stunts to the 'anti-hero' Ilse, to the bad guy to the personal plot of Hunt and the cameo from Baldwin. It just worked.

Would recommend.

Bonus: Rebecca Ferguson is a hot piece of arse.

Other than MI3 I agree that each film does get better

Rogue Nation and Fallout are two of my favorite action films ever

Fallout is SO good

I don't remember much about the old MI, but I watched Ghost Protocol and Fallout last year and they both blew me away with the action set pieces. It's insane that Tom Cruise still pulls off these stunts.

Elitist1945

The first 3 are quite different from the last 3, imo. I think the series really found its footing starting with Ghost Protocol, and each entry since has improved on it in every way, somehow.

I would honestly say 4/5/6 are 10/10 action films. I have to give the slight edge to Rogue Nation for the tense underwater sequence, which then moves into an amazing car/motorbike chase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom