• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robocop: Rogue City | Review Thread

Denton

Also, seen reports of stutters in the demo. After AW2 fiasco, I am not getting it on ps5 right away lol.
Demo had shader compilation stutter on PC. Demo was patched and ran perfectly smoothly. Shader compilation stutter is not even a thing on consoles.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
WsWVKTu.jpg
CLgxOqe.jpg

Teyon is something else dude. They’re the new old Starbreeze at this point as far as I’m concerned. They’re like the Starbreeze of 80s action. Under fucking rated dev.

I just spent over an hour doing sidequests. Haven’t even touched the main.

Again, over an hour doing sidequests.

In a Robocop game.

Last edited:

Vick

WsWVKTu.jpg
CLgxOqe.jpg

Teyon is something else dude. They’re the new old Starbreeze at this point as far as I’m concerned. They’re like the Starbreeze of 80s action. Under fucking rated dev.

In a Robocop game.
Man.. need to stay away from the Thread until my copy arrives. What version is this you're playing?

Actually going to start right now an Extreme run of Terminator: Resistence while I wait for Nov 6th.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I decided to get it on PS5 and played a fair few hours of it.

Its pretty great, in a "this is not a AAA game" way. I have had a few glitches, mainly the audio requiring resets to resolve, but also it feels like certain choices are broken, I decided to take a diplomatic option of telling a dude I wasn't interested and the game told me I supported him. For anyone on the fence I suspect it will be a much better game in a few months, but I'm having a blast now... its funny how no matter how many weapons they throw at me robocops pistol never gets old.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I was watching Aris play this on his stream and I was rolling laughing. Fun game it seems.

The shotgun was visceral AF.

Alan Wake

I'm on the fence getting this. I really liked Terminator: Resistance, thought it was underappreciated and unfairly treated by a lot of reviewers. But RoboCop is 55$ and this fall and winter is packed with great games so it's also about finding the time.

GymWolf

antonio-banderas-oh-yeah.gif

Hopefully there's a shitload of money coming towards these guys, I'd love to see them tackle a proper Starship Troopers game next.
Fuck the boring insects and soldiers, they should do predator next.

Make me play as predator hunting motherfuckers and collecting skulls.

Maybe we can even have a crossover with that power washer simulator where you have to clean the skulls to make them shiny :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
lol, love the "fuck the reviews" vibe here, whenever they dont align with your made up hype. kindergarten 101

for a forum full of people not caring about reviews, you guys sure love to talk about them 7/24, not even mentioning the
whole concept of prediction threads.

game seems ok for what it is, probably bit one note and repetitive going by the reviews. should hit a sale or subscription in no time.
There was a demo. This was enough for me to NOT find myself agreeing with all the reviews. OK sunshine?

Oh and starting a sentence with lol kinda nullifies your whole damn post.

Based on some of the "fucking reviiieeewwwsss" posts I expected this to be review bombed to shit.

Guys. It's got 70/73/80. As much as I dislike many review outlets for varying reasons, now you're just being drama queens.

PS: Didn't enjoy the demo but somehow still plan on picking this up on sale. I can't let a Robocop game that looks this good go.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
10000%, dude 👍

The minute I started playing closed beta, Starbreeze immediately came to mind with their amazing first The Darkness game and then of course even more amazing Riddick games, underrated and hated for no reason Syndicate.
I wonder if Nacon even understands what they have right now with Teyon, cuz they're effin amazing and almost AAA tear at this point. Nacon needs to invest in this studio a lot more, give them higher budgets, help hire better animators, invest into mocap studio etc., cuz pretty much everything else is already there - great concept artists, level and art designers, coders, combat, gameplay and quest designers etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:
WsWVKTu.jpg
CLgxOqe.jpg

In a Robocop game.
What half assed shit is this? It doesn't still have the factory sticker on it!!

RagnarokIV

Best game of the fucken year for me.

I've switched to using a controller on this though because mouse is too fast. I want the slow/deliberate style aiming of RoboCop haha.

Thanati

Good scores all around. considering the budge Teyon is operating at, this is a great result. Looking forward to playing the game.

I still hope they return to Terminator in future projects.
How about a Robocop versus Terminator game?

Oh yeah….

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I really want to get it (even more so than AW2) but that 60eurodollars price tag is just prohibiting for the PS5 version.

Taycan77

This is a title I'll definitely be picking up before Christmas.

Hopefully will be on sale and there'll be a patch or two and DLC in the works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom