• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rottenwatch: Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
draven said:
I love you

I've been looking for that sequence for the better part of a day now, in order to change into a screensaver for my work computer.

That's a great idea. If it's possible, could you post it for us? Thanks

Solo

The Take Out Bandit said:
OMG

Do people really believe this shit is going to stick in the sequel?

Of course it wont stick. I can actually see I-M2 picking up at the exact same moment I-M ends, with the press laughing at Stark, thinking he is being his usual smartass self, and not believing him.

Solo said:
Of course it wont stick. I can actually see I-M2 picking up at the exact same moment I-M ends, with the press laughing at Stark, thinking he is being his usual smartass self, and not believing him.

I was thinking something more along the lines of Iron Man flying by the window and waving or something.

Anth

This was one of the better super hero movies I have seen, beaten only by the first, second and fifth Batman movies. Though the second half, especially the final showdown, was somewhat weak. In fact, everything other than Robert Downey Jr. or (suprisingly) Gwyneth Paltrow was somewhat weak.

It is a big, stupid summer blockbuster, it doesn't try to be anything more, and it isn't advertised anything more, but the reviews promised me at least a bit more than that, which left me slightly disappointed.

So it's decent entertainment, but certainly nothing you absolutely have to see. (Unlike, say, "Kirschblüten - Hanami", which probably won't make it out of Germany)

Ariexv said:
Pretty sure The Hulk ripped Wolverine in Half.... so there goes the whole indestructible Adamantium thing.

Not really, there are spaces between the vertebrae that are not adamantium or else Wolverine would not be able to move.

Oh well, I locked myself out of the appartment today and went to see the movie. It's a good superhero flick, a good summer flick, far from perfect though. The final fight scene was pretty boring, and the action sequences lacked any sense of direction (Spiderman 2 kills it in this category).

Downey is awesome as usual, Gwyneth is sexy for the first time in years, and Bridges is his usual self, which is one of the best actors of his generation. The movie is a lot better when it's sticking to character interaction, which could say two things : either I'm getting too old for superhero movies, or Iron Man isn't as exciting as other superheroes when he's in action. I'm thinking it's a mix of both.

Oh well, had a good time.

Skiptastic said:
Totally hot.

Still no TDK, but probably in my top 5 for movies this year.
I didn't want to open that can of worms, but as it stands now, I enjoyed Iron Man more than TDK.
I have to rewatch TDK though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom