• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth Thread | Home of Red vs Blue, RWBY and Achievement Hunter. And knobs.

HGStormy

Banned
I like Rooster Teeth. I watch their Let's Plays (As well as Inside Gaming) every day. It almost makes me feel like I have friends ;D

kulapik

Fullscreen also acquired The Fine Bros and other youtubers without any repercusion, so I think they'll be fine, or even better.

Also I should retool this OT to keep it around :p

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I guess they got bought out today.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fullscreen-to-acquire-rooster-teeth-2014-11-10

I pretty much only watch Achievement Hunter videos, so I don't think those will be affected.

Any thoughts on this?

Edit: I wonder if this also includes the Slo-Mo guys as well? Plus, didn't they just raise a couple million dollars for something?
Hmmm. They seem to be a hands-off platform holder. It also seems Roosterteeth is their biggest partner. I'm going with parter instead of studio because that's what I'm thinking this is. Burnie and Matt have a amazingly perceptive minds. They just moved offices, raised millions for a full length movie, became a game publisher (basically), have forayed into the realm of making money off of animation (which is fucking difficult, mind you) and concurrently run 3 highly successful YouTube (and self established) channels.
I can only imagine they do this I'd it's a good deal.

Rembrandt

Banned
On The Spot might be one of the best things they've done. It's an obvious ripoff of @midnight, but it's cool they're trying to expand like that. With that and Social Disorder, they're really trying to encompass more and more stuff. No complaints since they're all surprisingly quality stuff and it allows more of rooster teeth staff to try their hands at things. I see they're spinning off Game Kids into its own channel which is pretty smart. I don't know if they're doing it to move their younger audience away from the main channel or they're just trying to capture a new audience, but that should be interesting. I've never watched any of them, though.

Latest On The Spot episode (Ray/Ryan vs Kerry/Miles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrZn01cDeUw&list=PL6F549CF4B03E7BAC

what the fuck at Ray/Ryan losing to Meg/Lindsey, though. Ray and Ryan are absolutely hilarious. I'm betting Gavin/Michael are on the next one

Happy Hour has improved a lot, too. I was kinda ehh about it with the first episode, but it's kinda grown on me.

I haven't went through all the pages recently, but have we discussed the new shows AH was making? Out of all of them, Let's Watch is probably my least favorite. Sunday Drive was entertaining. Basically a podcast involving AH. The Tournament is great. I hope that stays around. Remix was interesting. The side crew doesn't really have the charisma or humor of the main cast besides for Lindsey and Matt (who is hilarious. he's a great addition.) AH vs The World has lots of potential as does the mod one. Grabbag and Best of AH can go.

kulapik

I haven't went through all the pages recently, but have we discussed the new shows AH was making? Out of all of them, Let's Watch is probably my least favorite. Sunday Drive was entertaining. Basically a podcast involving AH. The Tournament is great. I hope that stays around. Remix was interesting. The side crew doesn't really have the charisma or humor of the main cast besides for Lindsey and Matt (who is hilarious. he's a great addition.) AH vs The World has lots of potential as does the mod one. Grabbag and Best of AH can go.

This thread is pretty dead so not much has been discussed. I've been meaning to retool it a bit and bump it frequently but I'm too busy for that.

I loved Sunday Driving the most, mainly because of that podcast feel. Best of AH seems pointless to me considering the thousands of recopilations that the fans do. Grabbag is nice because it's unseen footage. Oh My Mod, Remix and AH vs the World are just Let's Plays with a different name, but the concepts are nice. Both tournaments are very good and Let's Watch was probably the second best.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I've enjoyed following the new content on the RT affiliated channels. I'm still amused. Doesn't mean every single thing hits home with me but damn, these guys sure help me get through another boring day at work along with gym time.

RTX 2014 was a blast. I hope I can be there next year, glad they moved it to August.

Rembrandt

Banned
This thread is pretty dead so not much has been discussed. I've been meaning to retool it a bit and bump it frequently but I'm too busy for that.

I loved Sunday Driving the most, mainly because of that podcast feel. Best of AH seems pointless to me considering the thousands of recopilations that the fans do. Grabbag is nice because it's unseen footage. Oh My Mod, Remix and AH vs the World are just Let's Plays with a different name, but the concepts are nice. Both tournaments are very good and Let's Watch was probably the second best.

I hope oh my mod, remix and ah vs the world stick around just because it gives them the chance to play things other than minecraft and GTA. I enjoy them, but I really wish they played a lot more different styles of games. Seems they had good variety early on.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
So uh, Pizza Hut has a Rooster Teeth Podcast pizza now. Was just browsing the online menu tonight and saw that. Gonna try it, what the heck. It is under 'Flavor Pioneers' in their online pizza menu.

23qwerty

So uh, Pizza Hut has a Rooster Teeth Podcast pizza now. Was just browsing the online menu tonight and saw that. Gonna try it, what the heck. It is under 'Flavor Pioneers' in their online pizza menu.

Yeah they talked about that on a podcast about a month or so ago.
I believe Barb, Gus, and Miles(?) got invited down to their headquarters to make their own pizzas, voted on the best one, and now that one is available to get for yourself.

Kariodude

Banned
I believe Barb, Gus, and Miles(?) got invited down to their headquarters to make their own pizzas, voted on the best one, and now that one is available to get for yourself.

It was Barb, Gus and Jordan. Jordan is the one that does the animated adventures. His pizza won. They released a video of them making and trying the pizzas.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member

The description sounds legit, guess I'll find out soon enough!

Edit - I have to say, it is pretty damn tasty!

kulapik

Oh my god, tonight's episode of On the Spot was probably the most amazing trainwreck ever. The guests didn't give a fuck, Joel took Jack's sock off, they made rape jokes... I'll be amazed if it comes out.

iosefe

Oh my god, tonight's episode of On the Spot was probably the most amazing trainwreck ever. The guests didn't give a fuck, Joel took Jack's sock off, they made rape jokes... I'll be amazed if it comes out.

it's gonna be edited to hell and back i bet.

D:

Rembrandt

Banned

Came out today and it was a great way to end the season. Didn't seem edited at all. They just put a warning before the start of the video.

jimwhat

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I'll just post it here:

1423173540_funhaus_tease-1_720t.jpg

We are proud to introduce the newest member of the Rooster Teeth family: Funhaus. It's always a great day when we can add new and talented people to our ranks here at RT. And today's addition is a monster.

Funhaus is a new gaming channel with a seven-member cast consisting of seasoned veterans Adam Kovic, Bruce Greene, Lawrence Sonntag, James Willems, Joel Rubin, Matt Peake and Sean "Spoole" Poole. You may remember them from places such as G4, Machinima and even Rooster Teeth's award winning, world changing series The Gauntlet Season 2. Probably from that last one.

Funhaus will feature the adventures of these seven lovable dudes in our new west coast offices located in sunny Los Angeles, California. They will also make appearances on all the Rooster Teeth content you know and love. Their experience as videogame news people will help The Know, their gameplay antics will be familiar to Let's Play viewers and you should expect to see them on the RT Podcast as well. And expect a steady invasion of the RT cast on the Funhaus channel as well.

Funhaus officially begins hausing on Feb 16, 2015 but you can get an early look as they get going by subscribing to their fully operational channel at: www.youtube.com/funhaus

Welcome aboard guys! Glad to have you with us. You are doing a terrible job and we need to talk right away. Please email me your availability for next week. You had a good run.

http://roosterteeth.com/news/entry.php?id=5507633

RT acquires Inside Gaming, re-brands it as FunHaus.

Youtube

First Video

Twitter

Also: RT cancels the Smash Tournament

kulapik

I'm quite excited for Funhaus, I didn't watch Inside Gaming that much but it was very funny. I'm halfway their first podcast with Burnie and I'm liking it.

This week's Minecraft Let's Play was awesome. Such a nice change from the "mindlessly dig and try and find pieces of the tower" that has plagued the last few games.

Feorax

Whilst I haven't seen a truly poor video from the AH guys in a while, it feels like they're back to top form in recent weeks after a fairly sluggish few months in GTA and Minecraft.

belushy

Banned
This week's Minecraft Let's Play was awesome. Such a nice change from the "mindlessly dig and try and find pieces of the tower" that has plagued the last few games.

Ugh, I know right? I used to love their Minecraft lps. This week was definitely nice, and very creative.

kai3345

Banned
Woah, hey! I didn't know GAF had an RT thread.

Hi everyone! I'm Peyton and I'm one of the interns at RT. If you're watching a Recap or an RT Life, chances are I probably edited at least part of it~

iosefe

Heya, Peyton. welcome to the thread.

I guess now is a good time to ask about pixie stix and some good freeze frames from that video. xD

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Anyone else add the AH guys on Xbox Live as followers? I like how they show up on the 30 day achievement leaderboard on the Friends tab. It also points out the insane pace at which Ray gets achievements. Dude seems to always be in the 9-10k range whenever I check it. Geoff and Michael seem to be the next most active, I can keep pace with them usually.

Woah, hey! I didn't know GAF had an RT thread.

Hi everyone! I'm Peyton and I'm one of the interns at RT. If you're watching a Recap or an RT Life, chances are I probably edited at least part of it~
Hey Peyton. Without getting too personal, how's the environment there? And what I mean by that is how are everyone's spirits?

Oh, and if you see Michael, ask him if there's anywhere around the Oklahoma/Texas area to get taylor ham/pork roll. If he doesn't know what you're talking about, tell him he needs to check his Jersey heritage. :)

Edit: I should probably link this Let's Play here too. Legends of the Hidden Tower This was one of the best things I've ever seen them do. If anyone likes angry Geoff, then watch this one and make sure you stay until the last second. Amazing.

Top Bottom