• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth Thread | Home of Red vs Blue, RWBY and Achievement Hunter. And knobs.

Feorax

I hope they continue making heists in GTA. All of those are so bloody brilliant with the whole going silent when dead thing.

Perhaps something like King Geoff/Ray etc. where the last surviving one has to make up a new heist? Or the first one that dies (to mix it up)

They mentioned they'd probably go back and try again with some of their previous heists that went horribly wrong.

I hope they did a Destiny Alpha LP at some point.

I've just noticed Titanfall has gone up. Fun game, but not the best to watch someone else play imo.

thenexus6

They said they will revisit each of their heists and try to have another go. Also with the car GTA V vehicle DLC that huge 6 seater truck and tiny little car I can see being used. Truck in heists and little car in bumper races etc!

Martian

Don't know if anyone watched the latest GTA5 letsplay, but it was pretty fun!

I just don't understand why Rockstar doesnt put in more game types like Top Fun (cops n crooks type of games), that would make me play that game so much more.
Just give us a menu to play infinite amounts of Cops N Crooks!

belushy

Banned
They've posted a few videos since this came out, but I thought this video in particular was really funny.

7 Days To Die

RTX running from tomorrow through the 6th. Wish I was there to attend.

thenexus6

It'll be cool going to RTX however I have watched the live streams last year and maybe one before that. And they all seem so awkward on stage talking its really weird.

Hylian7

I had no idea about RTX, I was looking at the stuff that will be there and it looks pretty cool. How much are tickets?

I will probably be going since I live in Austin. Particularly excited to see Game Grumps and Retsupurae.

Hylian7

Is it just me or are these ticket prices kind of high?

ljRk2AN.png

RetroMG

Really liked the Patch this week with Burnie, Ashley and Meg. I haven't listened to the Patch much lately, but I really enjoyed this one.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Is it just me or are these ticket prices kind of high?
ljRk2AN.png
Do NOT buy through official means. Buy it off people in the forums. You can get one for $60. I'm on my way from Houston right now. Got it for free off the Roosterteeth forums =).

thenexus6

I've been trying to watch some of these streams of RTX man twitch is such a p.o.s. I hope they use youtube next year like they did last year..

Also these panels where they're just talking among themselves and Q/A are so awkward and cringey so many bad questions from the audience and weird nervousness from the RT guys.

Minecraft lets play just starting.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I attended the entire weekend of RTX. The panels that I attended were RWBY, The Patch, Immersion, and the 343 Industries panel. On the final day I skipped going to panels and mainly watched whatever was going on in the main exhibition hall. Joel & Adam struggling through Outlast was fun and then I watched the Minecraft Let's Play.

Overall I had a lot of fun. I'd definitely consider attending RTX again in the future. Also I got in my fair share of fun on 6th Street and Rainey Street in Austin. Cool city. The weather wasn't as harsh as advertised but the locals were telling me this has been kind of a mild summer in Austin.

Just FYI, they've got the Super-HD versions of RVB seasons 1-5 on Netflix. Watching them again for the first time in a long time, it's some good stuff.

Sweet! Honestly I've never watched RVB. Sounds like a good chance to dig into it!
This really shows how big Rooster Teeth has become. Years ago, I would have thought it was impossible to know the company without knowing RVB. Stuff like achievement hunters/lets play have really brought in a new audience.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
Tonight I ended up getting to play a game of Titanfall against Ray! I didn't play all that well but my team won somehow. I only directly encountered him once and he smoked me.

iosefe

RvB is really good, just marthoned the whole series. pretty funny. i remember when it was a relatively new thing. for some reason i never started watching. but it's been quite the ride so far

belushy

Banned
They are sure getting better at it. :D

They thought they were safe, but then, the AH crew makes a stunning discovery about zombies in the moat! *tan tan tan tan!*

I thought their plan was awesome and I was imagining a 4 block tall wall with a giant 2 block wide moat going all around. Then I remember this is AH we're talking about here. Jack discovering the zombies making an underground tunnel had me rolling. I really enjoy these 7DTD videos.

I tried listening to their podcast before because I was told it was hysterically funny. Boy was I dissapointed when it was really just a bunch of man children all talking and screaming over each other at once. At least they seemed to be having a good time.

I tried listening to their podcast before because I was told it was hysterically funny. Boy was I dissapointed when it was really just a bunch of man children all talking and screaming over each other at once. At least they seemed to be having a good time.
Yeah their podcasts are not very good unfortunately IMO.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Love RT and have been steadily absorbing all the material from in between like 09-2010 and now as i stopped watching/caring about their entire channel for a minute there. All of AH and the RT Podcast and The Patch and so on and so forth (things to do is good times) is all fucking stellar.

I will say that their always xbox lean (mostly it's just Geoff these days) was a tired ass shtick even before the Xbox1 was embarrassing itself. Now it just seems out of touch when he drops the occasional "Xbox one version is the only version that matters so whatever..." kind of comments.

Love Gav. fucking hilarious and slomo is the shit.
Micheal is probably the only one of them that i was watching before he became a part of RT. Weird watching him blow up on the internet... love his rants still.
Fuckin Ray is the shit.

and i'll agree with the earlier sentiment that Jack just seems like the dad of the group. really not good at any games besides his one simple game that he plays to death and every time he does something decent in any game he talks about it like he just changed the world. My favorite i think was the recent watch dogs lets play where they are jumping bikes onto the back of a flat bed. After multiple jumps and multiple laughs everyone pretty much decides to go do something else. At this pristine moment jack decides to make a predictably bad jump with a decent crash and is all "OoOoOOhhh Did you see that??!1!.......... " and no ... no one fucking saw it because your like 5 minutes behind the rest of the fucking group.

He's like the kind of boring and out of touch straight man to the whole groups insanity. Probably the only reason he works in that group. Also he's got a good news reader voice.

Also: RWBY sucks balls so hard...

Is this thread going to cover the good AH videos?

The rate that AH posts videos is overwhelming and I can never tell what'll be a fun watch and what to skip.

K-A-Deman

Is this thread going to cover the good AH videos?

The rate that AH posts videos is overwhelming and I can never tell what'll be a fun watch and what to skip.

Hm, this would be a difficult one to approach. Speaking solely for myself, but the opinion on some of their videos can range pretty broadly from week to week. So while someone should be free to post whatever episode they want, it'll be up to the individual to decide if they should take it at face value or not.

Hm, this would be a difficult one to approach. Speaking solely for myself, but the opinion on some of their videos can range pretty broadly from week to week. So while someone should be free to post whatever episode they want, it'll be up to the individual to decide if they should take it at face value or not.

Well to give an idea, anything with Michael and Gavin is gold.

The GTA videos are great.

Sometimes the games they cover aren't very interesting but the conversations that go on while playing are more interesting to listen to as background noise.

I've also been missing Rage Quit and the last one I remember seeing was some Xbox Indie game which looked like F--Zero GX

i-Jest

I still wouldn't consider myself a fan of RWBY, but damn that episode looks so much better than the first season. If only the writing could improve as well.

I watch it for the over the top action but I suspect as the show goes forward they'll have to step up their game in that area. Well that's my hope anyway.

I was at the RTX panel where they unveiled that episode and it was great fun watching it with a live audience of people!

Must have been awesome.

I watch it for the over the top action but I suspect as the show goes forward they'll have to step up their game in that area. Well that's my hope anyway.

I've seen some interviews with Monty where he said that some of the notes they've been getting include the need for more character development, and that the 15 minute episodes and pushing some events from volume 2 into volume 3 are done to give them more space for that.

thenexus6

Michael tweeted the video and the Let's play channel commented on the video on its YouTube page. Yeah this guy nailed it, I hope he does more like this.

Top Bottom