• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth Thread | Home of Red vs Blue, RWBY and Achievement Hunter. And knobs.

Calcium

Banned
I've been a Rooster Teeth fan since the first season of RvB. They put out so much quality content these days that it is pretty hard to keep up. Between Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter I probably watch several hours worth of videos a week.

Looking forward to PS4 update 1.7 just because it means AH will start doing some PS4 lets plays.

Yeah, can't wait to hear Jack making constant snide remarks about how horrible the PS4 is. That dude is just obnoxious when it comes to being an Xbox fanboy. I won't even watch The Patch if he's on it.

Nori Chan

I've been a huge fan of rooster teeth production since the 2nd season of RVB but I lost my love for RVB with the CG stuff. However I watch Achievement Hunter almost religiously now and constantly refresh the youtube page to see what they have. I absolutely love and adore everything they do.

also kerry can die in a fire #TeamFuckKerry

I've been a Rooster Teeth fan since the first season of RvB. They put out so much quality content these days that it is pretty hard to keep up. Between Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter I probably watch several hours worth of videos a week.

Yeah, can't wait to hear Jack making constant snide remarks about how horrible the PS4 is. That dude is just obnoxious when it comes to being an Xbox fanboy. I won't even watch The Patch if he's on it.

They all have shades of pro-Xbox (kinda justified considering they've been producing stuff on Xbox for well over a decade), but Jack in general is just kinda iffy for me. During let's plays he just seems so forward, even when nobody else really gives a shit. Frequently tries to maintain his composure and go "oh, I just did [cool x event]" and nobody cares and he keeps honing in on that, losing challenges in Minecraft LPs and then going "oh, but I could have won if I did [action y] if I had known [rule z] was allowed," etc. He just seems extremely out of place compared to the others, especially during his early appearances like having problems with women drivers in one of the old RT podcasts.

Don't get me wrong, he seems like a great guy in general and absolutely the type to have a beer and go over sports stuff with, he just doesn't seem like the best guy to play video games with.

Calcium

Banned
They all have shades of pro-Xbox (kinda justified considering they've been producing stuff on Xbox for well over a decade), but Jack in general is just kinda iffy for me.

I don't have a problem with them being pro-Xbox, but Jack (and Geoff to a lesser extent) really goes out of his way to be a dick about it. Gus and Burnie have Microsoft to thank for their careers too, but they play games on other consoles and talk about enjoying them.

During let's plays he just seems so forward, even when nobody else really gives a shit.

Yeah, that's Jack. He constantly has to point out when he did something "amazing" that nobody else on the crew would be all that impressed with. He also seems really competitive considering none of the people he's playing with really give a shit about winning. Like you said, he is a good dude but not somebody you'd want to game with.

Gotta disagree with:

"-Gamefails, with glitches, fails... not that important."

The weekly recap retrospective is something I always look forward to.

I really got into Rooster Teeth this fall. I had been aware of them, had a couple videos on my hard drive, and even attended one of their PAX panels. But after finding out that Monty was given his own show, I dived right in.

I watched all of RWBY, then marathoned Red vs Blue, and got sucked in to the podcasts and RTAA. The RWBY production diaries are really interesting to me as a 3D artist.

It hasn't gotten much of a mention in this thread, but Immersion is a lot of fun. It basically boils down to torturing Michael and Gavin because science and video games.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I think near the top of my list of favorite videos is when Michael & Gavin played Surgeon Simulator. I'd laugh so hard I'd cry.

Nori Chan

Haha! What is is about Kerry that people hate him so much? I personally don't find him funny, but I don't dislike the dude. He seems like a nice kid.

I'm okay with him, but I don't really find him funny either. Reddit hates him, but god I hate the Roosterteeth subreddit they are all idiots that overuse the jokes and kill everything to the ground.

I nominate Joe the cat to be placed in the first post. lol.

bj6vpxo.gif

tumblr_mril7uv6iI1saqt26o4_500.gif

Seeing this thread makes me think that it's about as good a time as any to start watching Red Vs Blue.

I'm now on season 1 episode 3. got some ways to go. haha

Recall

The 2 part Let's Play of Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 is a thing of beauty and the best thing Achievement Hunter has done next to the Minecraft stuff.

They go from mocking the game and within 20 minutes been absorbed by it and determined to win at any cost. Excellent watch.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm surprised there wasn't some kinda OT for these guys earlier.

Overall, they're fantastic, and very rarely do I not get a laugh out of their videos. And I'm excited to see how far they can take RvB, especially as their latest season just started.

Bsigg12

The 2 part Let's Play of Rainbow Six Las Vegas 2 is a thing of beauty and the best thing Achievement Hunter has done next to the Minecraft stuff.

They go from mocking the game and within 20 minutes been absorbed by it and determined to win at any cost. Excellent watch.

The MLB let's play from a couple years ago with Geoff and Gavin was a classic. Also Worms can be really funny with Gavin being really bad at the game.

There's actually 4 parts now, though the last one is only 20 minutes long.

Professor

Neo Member
Man, I remember watching the early seasons of RvB felt like ages ago. Don't really follow RvB anymore since somewhere around season 7 or 8 I think.Now I really watch the Achievement Hunter stuff and the podcasts that they do.

Haha! What is is about Kerry that people hate him so much? I personally don't find him funny, but I don't dislike the dude. He seems like a nice kid.
A loooot of people don't like Kerry. Maybe because he isn't "funny"? I don't know. I don't mind him at all. Especially in the GTA pirates LP they just put out. I actually thought Kerry was quite enjoyable in that. I was indifferent towards him earlier, but he's grown on me because of that LP. He was into what was going on and it seemed like he was acting without thought which created some fun moments.

Now I mostly agree with what everyone is saying about Jack. I have never listened to him outside of AH videos, but it does seem like he cares a little bit too much compared to the other hunters. I have to say, I love it when Michael gets on his case about being an ass and makes fun of him. He just seems overly competitive when the rest of the guys don't give a shit. At the same time, he does have his entertaining moments which is why I haven't grown a complete dislike for him yet.

I'm okay with him, but I don't really find him funny either. Reddit hates him, but god I hate the Roosterteeth subreddit they are all idiots that overuse the jokes and kill everything to the ground.
There's a portion of the fan base, mostly those on reddit and tumblr, that are really insufferable. RT Confessions on tumblr is so weird. People "ship" employees with each other.

On an unrelated note, what is everyone's favourite cast for the podcast? I always enjoy Burnie, Joel, and Gavin. I miss having Geoff on it.

belushy

Banned
Only person at Rooster Teeth I dislike is Ray, and I don't even really hate him or anything. Everyone is pretty fun to watch/listen to. Achievement Hunter is probably my most watched Youtube over the last year or so. The GTA stuff is amazing.

edit: Also, subbed.

Calcium

Banned
On an unrelated note, what is everyone's favourite cast for the podcast? I always enjoy Burnie, Joel, and Gavin. I miss having Geoff on it.

Gus, Burnie, Gavin, Michael and Gus.

Geoff had some great stories, but I don't miss him anymore. After listening back to some of the older podcasts they used to talk alot about games and Geoff was usually the cause or at least one of the primary contributors. I don't think he'd fit in with the current podcast vibe. I can't fathom why he hasn't been on The Patch, seems like something he'd be great on.

On Wednesday, May 14th, Burnie, Gus and Gavin will be competing on @midnight. Guess they were afraid Barbara's pun powers would cause her to dominate at Hashtag Wars.

Skidd

I have a friend who says Ashley shouldn't be on the Patch. After seeing the latest video podcast, and their Destiny discussion, I kinda agree. Gus, Burnie, Ryan and/or that other guy with the glasses, whose name I forgot would seem like a Patch dream team.

Also, I never understood why Ryan is now forever known as the evil genius/ sadist of the group. He just does some random stuff (out of boredom?) every once in a while and usually gets called out for it by the rest of the crew, especially by Michael and Gavin who sometimes are no better with their random screaming.

That Broforce LP, though... It's Judge freaking Dredd! How do they not know/recognise these characters?

Ryan's Heist. These are quickly becoming some of my favourite lets plays.
I watched this last night. I absolutely love these. All that planning...
just so everything can go wrong only minutes into the actual start of the heist. I saw Jack, Gavin and Michael's death coming a mile away. As soon as Jack said he was going back to the fallen armored car, I knew only bad things awaited. Then Ryan one shotting Geoff was freakin' great. Accident? Maybe. Can't be sure. It's Ryan after all. Then Ray immediately recognizing Ryan for what he truly is and taking him out in an extremely quick fashion was icing on the cake.

Damn good material right there.

KarmaCow

Just realised this thread is missing the best member of RoosterTeeth, Joel Heyman. If anyone hasn't seen them, the 3 part Gmod series and DayZ episode are amazing. All the Adam (and Adam) and Joel videos are great, mostly due to Joel's editting but those 4 episodes the absolute best.

Top Bottom