• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth berate Jeff Gerstmann/Giant Bomb's Fallout 4 review while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Aand your point is...?

Like what does this prove

I think it is rather hilarious, that someone would open their mouth, accuse a veteran like Jeff's reviewing for clicks, who used a cliche nerd girl in revealing underwear to get her clicks.

Oh pot meet my friend here called kettle.

A.J.

Banned
Oh man, will this ever end?

-RT will not be apologizing, they are not known to do that and they will always believe that they are in the right in their own inner-circle, they will be assholes to their own fans if need be.

-Ryan will never EVER admit he's wrong, I've watched almost all of the Achievement Hunter videos and he has never ever apologized for anything, even when he was clearly in the wrong.

There will be no closure out of this. People will forget, and RT will continue to be RT until they fuck up yet again.

Jeff Gerstmann will continue to not give a fuck.
You can really see that people don't watch RT content if they are expecting an apology.

Etnos

Banned
As much as I disagree with Jeff F4 review fighting over opinion base reviews is such a pointless endeavor

It all comes down to personal standards which are obviously subjective

Not saying she's not attractive. But I wish there was something else to qualify her as a "gaming personality" aside from "she is a good looking nerd girl."

Right?

It's pretty disgusting on a number of levels.

Also...Go Jeff.

I imagine there have been some pretty interesting conversations at Rooster Teeth HQ over this.

Those three end up looking like complete assholes.

As much as I disagree with Jeff reviews fighting over opinion base reviews is such a pointless endeavor

Who cares if they have different opinions. The garbage is that they are hacking on a guy for giving a low review to Fallout 4 when the entire channel falls just short of "Being brought to you today by the Awesome Fallout 4 that is awesome!"

They should take those three and add Andrea Rene. Then they could all have a gaming show called Shill O'Clock. That way we'd know exactly who to ignore and when.

Nosgotham

Halo machinima series. The first few seasons started out as jokes and all which was great, then it decided to get into some big overarching plot and It lost me.

Exactly . It was just kinda funny bids at first and then they tried to get all serious and shit.

LQX

I like Jeff a lot but I sort of hate how he purposely says crap to rile folks up and it would not be so bad if it was not the people that love listening him he is trying to get riled up. We fucking made you Gerstmann, you better fucking appreciate us...

Real Hero

I like Jeff a lot but I sort of hate how he purposely says crap to rile folks up and it would not be so bad if it was not the people that love listening him he is trying to get riled up. We fucking made you Gerstmann, you better fucking appreciate us...

yeah!!!...what?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Uhh...

Odd, I would argue that it was 25 years of hard work, a great personality, and quality writing that "made" him.

KMoBj7A.gif

Are you that person who tells the woman at the DMV "I pay your salary, you know."?

249.gif

Hindl

As much as I disagree with Jeff F4 review fighting over opinion base reviews is such a pointless endeavor

I don't even know who those Rooster Teeth dudes are, but unless Jeff has a proof of them being sell outs or whatever he should just ignore them, he really came out of this like a vengeful jerk IMO

Is one thing to point out disagreement is another thing to question integrity over assumptions

Well first of all, the proof is that they are surrounded by Pip Boys and have recent content "Brought to you by Fallout 4", so they are advertising. Whether you call that "selling out" or not is up to you.

But how is he being a vengeful jerk? They are the ones that attacked his integrity, and he responded by saying he doesn't really care, while pointing out that they are taking money from the game they are defending.

What? He wrote a review and gave his response when people wanted to talk about it. He's done talking about it

PBY

Banned

rabble rabble

Thanks for making him though

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That's just me, baby.

Is this that fake nerd girl thing?

Apparently nerd girls have to pose in their underwear, with anime plushes, as well as black thick framed glasses, oh and do not forget the bright colored hair, preferably red or blue to be taken seriously as a gamer nerd/geek.

That is at least what I learnt from the interwebz!

Oh man. Mess with the bull I guess...

Apparently nerd girls have to pose in their underwear, with anime plushes, as well as black thick framed glasses, oh and do not forget the bright colored hair, preferably red or blue to be taken seriously as a gamer nerd/geek.

That is at least what I learnt from the interwebz!
They don't have to unless they want to, which in this case is what's happening. I mean you can debate her silly opinions but I don't really know where your going with this.

pelican

While Jeff is well within his rights to score a game as he feels fit, I do think this possibly highlights the problems with a rating out of five. It is too restrictive.

A rating 1-10 is perfect.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's pretty hilarious how hard it is for y'all to come to terms with someone using their looks to make money. Modelling is a mysterious business.

If she can say Jeff used his review scores to garner clicks, I can say she wears next to no clothing to get hers as well. They are mutually exclusive in a sense.

Why are people really offended by that? Goodness.

The minute you bring up one form of exploitation, all of a sudden it's a big "no no" (especially when female related), but make up shit about a 25 year male vet, then gravy train a rollin'.

And we want equality in this world, unless it is criticism, then I guess we can selectively draw the line here. Not saying anything wrong with modeling, but do not say one is exploiting something, when using sexuality is exploiting something as well.

Pure comedy right here.

Edit:

With my current day at work. This was much needed. Thanks for the laugh LQX.

KarmaCow

If she can say Jeff used his review scores to garner clicks, I can say she wears next to no clothing to get hers as well. They are mutually exclusive in a sense.

Why are people really offended by that? Goodness.

The minute you bring up one form of exploitation, all of a sudden it's a big "no no" (especially when female related), but make up shit about a 25 year male vet, then gravy train a rollin'.

And we want equality in this world, unless it is criticism, then I guess we can selectively draw the line here.

Where did she do that for her job at Rooster Teeth?

Which game that you like did he say negative things about?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where did she do that for her job at Rooster Teeth?

I am talking about her notoriety. The majority in here only knew her through that. They did not even know she was labeled a "gaming personality". Me included. Her job there has no relevance as to what I was getting at.

KarmaCow

I am talking about her notoriety. The majority in here only knew her through that. They did not even know she was labeled a "gaming personality". Me included. Her job there has no relevance as to what I was getting at.

I don't really understand your point. Her modelling job is separate from her job at Rooster Teeth, so why does it matter? It's not hypocritical.

And I say the majority in here didn't know who she was before this thread.

LMFAO Schwarz

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I hope Unprofessional Fridays starts with a fade in on Jeff holding glass of wine and him nibbling on some fancy cheese. That or him having two 40s taped to his hands. Either will be fine.

7mX4bO6.gif

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Jeff can easily acquire an AK. I wouldn't mess with him. He's an dangerous, unhinged man. Well-connected. He knows doctors, best-selling authors, professional DOTA 2 players. I'd stay away.

KarmaCow

I hope Unprofessional Fridays starts with a fade in on Jeff holding glass of wine and him nibbling on some fancy cheese. That or him having two 40's taped to his hands. Either will be fine.

I would be surprised if this acknowledged at all. Not out of spite but because this is probably nothing new to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom