• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City – 16 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay | gamescom 2023

It's a Robocop game. I don't know why folks are expecting him to be running around and jump while shooting like John Halo.

The game looks like everything I would want from a Robocop game.

I agree, Robocop is a tank. Mindless thug shooting walkthrough is expected.

The art here and attention to detail on Robocop's perspective in very well done. The gameplay might be boring, who knows yet, but the pacing and elements add up to Robocop here. It's executed quite well, for what I imagine is a small/mid budget game. They got the scanlines, the bullet deflection, the sounds, the tincan animation on Robocop, ED209 AI allies. Come people this looks like a well made romp through as Robocop, what more do you want? Shit.

Robocop is a slow tank yes , but the biggest problem is the enemies apparently move like him
Fair call. Hopefully there is enough mission, environment, weapons and enemies to give it some fun.

A solid FPS AI plugin like a physics solution would really push games like these a lot further in a budget e.g. walk paths, background, real time voice lines from text, attack behaviours, etc etc

DragonNCM

jim-carrey-throw-up.gif

RoboCain

The SWAT guy at the beginning of the video is voiced by the same actor as the protagonist in Terminator: Resistance.

Not great, it needs a lot more work.

For a slow moving protagonist I would have expected more precision in the shooting, ie shooting guns out of hands, doing the dick shot, more use of scenery use to cause gruesome deaths, a bit of man handling the thugs through walls... but the enemies shoot from miles away and you use machine gun pistol from across the room. It looks like a robocop mod on a generic shooter. The environments are too big imo.

They should have had more melee options than just punch, I want to choke, pull arms out of sockets, throw rags dolls across the room. Be great to grapple those bikes and they smoke the wheels unable to run you over before you throw the bike across the yard, enemy landing on a power cable etc...

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Alex Murphy Edition:

"Preorder now to get the blue version of the hero's armour from RoboCop 2 and a "Pitch Black" version of your Auto-9 weapon.

The ''Alex Murphy'' Edition throws you into the thick of the action for an even more exhilarating experience. It includes:

- The base game
- The ''OCP Shotgun'' side arm
- The hero's damaged armour, taken from the first RoboCop film (cosmetic)
- The ''Prototype'' version of the Auto-9 gun (cosmetic)
- Early access to the game, 48 hours before the official launch
- The digital artbook containing 100 pages of images, with comments from the game developers."

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

Alex Murphy Edition:

"Preorder now to get the blue version of the hero's armour from RoboCop 2 and a "Pitch Black" version of your Auto-9 weapon.

The ''Alex Murphy'' Edition throws you into the thick of the action for an even more exhilarating experience. It includes:

- The base game
- The ''OCP Shotgun'' side arm
- The hero's damaged armour, taken from the first RoboCop film (cosmetic)
- The ''Prototype'' version of the Auto-9 gun (cosmetic)
- Early access to the game, 48 hours before the official launch
- The digital artbook containing 100 pages of images, with comments from the game developers."
The attention to detail is incredible.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Dumping on a RoboCop game, why am I not surprised.

I'm stoked for this. I'll even try it out on the virtual screen in the headset. If there's gyro aiming it might be pretty immersive.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i swear the internet fucked with my head so much,,
all i see is a metallic

61xl9c4NiHL.jpg

serving justice with bullets

Roberts

Still don't understand why this game is first person and not third person.

Hopefully this game won't be that bad.

I don’t know, if I was a fan of the film and got to make a faithful Robocop game, I would choose first perspective too. It just makes too much sense with robocop hud and all.

Anyway, I think I would have bought this even if lit ooked so-so - Robocop is one of my all time favourite satires. Verhoeven forever!

Gp1

Speaking of the Alex Murphy version, they could could gives us a prologue playing as Alex pre-Boddicker...

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Not great, it needs a lot more work.

For a slow moving protagonist I would have expected more precision in the shooting, ie shooting guns out of hands, doing the dick shot, more use of scenery use to cause gruesome deaths, a bit of man handling the thugs through walls... but the enemies shoot from miles away and you use machine gun pistol from across the room. It looks like a robocop mod on a generic shooter. The environments are too big imo.

They should have had more melee options than just punch, I want to choke, pull arms out of sockets, throw rags dolls across the room. Be great to grapple those bikes and they smoke the wheels unable to run you over before you throw the bike across the yard, enemy landing on a power cable etc...
I think Gyro aiming would solve it all without extra combat mechanics.

I wouldn't mind slow movement if I had light gun style accuracy for shooting. I plan on getting it regardless, fucking love RoboCop.

Top Bottom