• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City – 16 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay | gamescom 2023

MilkyJoe

Terminator was amazing! Cant wait for this one.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

What terminator game?

RagnarokIV

Listen to me you cock sucka! The game has a 'sprint' key - that increases your walking speed to more like a march. Sprint basically moves you at the pace of in RoboCop 1 when he's angry and heading to Dick Jones' office.

There's nothing wrong, it's supposed to be that way. You're supposed to be indestructible and have aim assist. I hate when games artificially handicap you for 'balance' like that stupid battery pack in Deus Ex Human Revolution or the predator's stealth camo running on AA batteries in AvP games.

Last edited:

Comandr

Well that looked awful. Also; logistically, why did this criminal group robbing the bank need ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN guys to do it? Aren’t bank jobs supposed to be a quick in and out with a small team? You’d need like four busses to transport all of them.

My suspension of disbelief is only so strong. Stuff like this that is so obviously video game for the sake of giving the player targets to shoot at ruins it for me. Just come up with a different scenario.

Local authorities have spent weeks working undercover and have pin pointed a huge drug cartel’s base of operation and they reluctantly bring in robocop to help clean up. There. Fixed.

This looks like it would have been a really great late gen ps3 game. Fast forward 12 years and it really doesn’t cut the mustard anymore.

Does every game need to be challenging?

Also, isn't the whole point of Robocop that he just fucks people up?

Robocop definitely gets effed up in the first movie. He takes out plenty of random goons but the bad guy and ED-209 damage him at points.

The game doesn't need to be Dark Souls but if you're just slow walking and shooting the entire time, it's going to feel like a walking simulator.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Because of Robocops slow movement, i think this is going to be a hard sell for none fans. I think it will effect reviews too unfortunately (i'm a big fan and will buy the game).

Also what i think they should of done to add challenge involving a character that is near indestructable, is to give him one haelth bar, no regenrating health or health pick ups, and that one health bar has to survive the whole level. If you hit 0 health, you have to restart the level.

Last edited:
they repeat enemy models too much, also the dialog of robocop is not like him he just do his stuff without much chatting with police, I think they could reduce the framerate of ed-209 animation to make it look stop motion like the film similar to what "the deadly tower of monsters" game did with most enemies

skyfall

why did this criminal group robbing the bank need ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN guys to do it?
Because devs have zero creativity, and its easier to just pad a game with 100 generic enemy shooting galleries rather than think of interesting level designs.

Apocryphon

Looks good to me. Terminator Resistance was far better than it deserved to be and you can tell they care about the source material.

I’m hoping we get ED-209 and some of the psychotic test cyborgs:

Give them the Aliens license next please so I can get over my Colonial Marines disappointment.

Reading the thread through, I’m confused by the Terminator game hate!? It was great!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Looks good to me. Terminator Resistance was far better than it deserved to be and you can tell they care about the source material.

I’m hoping we get ED-209 and some of the psychotic test cyborgs:

Give them the Aliens license next please so I can get over my Colonial Marines disappointment.

Don't sleep on Aliens: Dark Descent.

Full transparency, I haven't played it yet but I hear very good things.

MiguelItUp

As it should be. This isnt for them. Just like Terminator Resistance isnt for people who came into the franchise at Salvation with their #1 being Genesys.
Exactly. It's clearly they're dedicated to the IP, just like they were in Terminator Resistance. I respect the hell out of their dedication.

Don't sleep on Aliens: Dark Descent.

Full transparency, I haven't played it yet but I hear very good things.
I haven't finished Dark Descent but am really close. Game is outstanding, especially if you're a xenomorph fan.

RagnarokIV

As it should be. This isnt for them. Just like Terminator Resistance isnt for people who came into the franchise at Salvation with their #1 being Genesys.

Neither has 95% of the people participating in this thread it seems
Killing it in this thread, I love it.

I'm glad they aren't pissing about to cater to people who don't give a fuck about the source. That's how you end up with shitty films like RoboCop (2014) or the recent terminator films that I can't google the titles of right now.

Next up: HIGHLANDER. Please.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Terminator Resistance was decent but some of y'all are crazy saying it was amazing. At least the devs gave a fuck with whatever budget they have to work with I'll give them that.

Macaron

Banned
It's a Robocop game. I don't know why folks are expecting him to be running around and jump while shooting like John Halo.

The game looks like everything I would want from a Robocop game.
Yeah this. Too many crybabies on this forum who complain for the sake of complaining.

Terminator: Resistance wasn't blowing anyone away w 6 min of gameplay footage, but it turned out to be a good to great game.

Brigandier

I've never watched a robocop film but this game does not make me want to

that gameplay looks about as fun as shoving a cactus up your arse, why are people trying to hype this up?

Awful animations, awful sound & voice, awful graphics. Generic move from one no ai group of enemies to the next unispired gameplay. Easiest pass ever.

highly over rated IP, yes

Looks garbo and og Robocop looks stupid...

8WKbJdv.gif

Top Bottom