• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City – 16 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay | gamescom 2023

Hudo

I always get the alignments with Judge Dredd confused. Dredd is lawful neutral, right? And RoboCop was lawful good?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Still haven’t picked up this Team’s Terminator game, which despite looking rather simple - still has more mechanics on display than this.

I mean, is this it? Just slow walk through what essentially amounts to a target course? Looks boring.

Moses85

Terminator was amazing! Cant wait for this one.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I've played closed beta. This game has potential to be great and successful, but I don't think they can do that without delaying it to 2024 and polish it to pefection.
It's a suicide to release the game this year, let alone in september.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah ive obviously missed something. Does it have some sort of lvling up system?
Thats fairly lengthy.

Edit - Sorry, haven't watched the video, on very limited data having just moved house.
That's ridiculous lol. Unless this has some intricate systems we've not yet seen why not opt for a solid 12 hour game instead.

Guess we'll have to wait to find out.
Yeah we'll just have to wait and see. They haven't really shown off much besides combat. IGN had a decent preview up a few months ago.

• Investigations with some kind of gathering of clues.
  • Talking to NPCs with some choices of peaceful or violent resolution. A public trust score affected by your choices.
  • Side quests.
  • Skill tree, with early abilities including night vision, flash grenade, slow down time for aiming. Deduction improves scanning. Engineering lets you crack safes. Psychology improves choices in conversation.
  • 20-30 hours long.

Last edited:

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
The enemy just kinda stands there while occasionally a few run straight at you or 45 degree strafes. I was looking forward to this but the gameplay shown has soured me on it.

skyfall

Awful animations, awful sound & voice, awful graphics. Generic move from one no ai group of enemies to the next unispired gameplay. Easiest pass ever.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Do you control your own movement and the camera in this game or is it a shooting gallery game where that is all on rails and you just control the crosshair? It's always hard to tell with the videos of this one.

DaGwaphics

You control the slow as hell movement

Ok. I think they should mix up how they are playing the game a bit for these trailers to better showcase that. The camera movements are so slow and methodical that it comes off looking like a shooting gallery game. Not that I have a problem with those necessarily (the Die Hard 2 section of the old PS1 trilogy was fun), but I'm sure I'm not the only one confused by these trailers.

I'm less excited after watching this gameplay footage than the initial reveal. Looks like it has zero challenge. At least make his armor more vulnerable so Robocop is not just straight up invincible.

Top Bottom