• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenant hill, any Night in the woods fan here?

Doom85

Loved Night in the Woods. Seems like this might be a spiritual successor? Definitely not the same world since there’s humans, and the animals seem to be non-anthropomorphic this time.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
This one is definitely on my to-buy list

night in the woods mae borowski GIF by Tatiana

I will never support a studio of people who so willingly threw the co-creator (Alex Holowka) under the bus, which most likely contributed to his suicide.
I still loved the game , it still haunts me to this day ! shame what happened but we best keep moving forward ! life is life.
anyways seem to be a great Autumn game perfect for nostalgic October.

Lupin25

I have on PS4. Pretty game to unwind to.

Was wondering when the sequel might come.
Made it to the end near the sacrificial moshpit down in the cave/mines(?). Music was cool.

What else?
I liked the growth of all the relationships you had with friends you’d once left behind. Very relatable story, with some cool horror elements.

Played the game while stoned during one of those dreamlike-platforming sequences. Some truly trippy art direction in some of those sections.

Last edited:
I have on PS4. Pretty game to unwind to.

Was wondering when the sequel might come.
Made it to the end near the sacrificial moshpit down in the cave/mines(?). Music was cool.

What else?
I liked the growth of all the relationships you had with friends you’d once left behind. Very relatable story, with some cool horror elements.

Played the game while stoned during one of those dreamlike-platforming sequences. Some truly trippy art direction in some of those sections.
holy fuck, I smoked a big one too and I had no idea I was getting into a dreamlike sequence , it freaked me the fuck out ! not kidding

Lupin25

holy fuck, I smoked a big one too and I had no idea I was getting into a dreamlike sequence , it freaked me the fuck out ! not kidding

Some of the best parts !
How the story takes an eery dark turn at the end leading to some of those sequences really surprised me.

Playing in the band, practicing guitar was a nice touch too 👌

Reminds me of
Annapurna’s game - The Artful Escape
Nothing too difficult, perfect games to sit back & get baked too enjoying the game’s atmosphere and simple natured controls.

e0n

I thought NitW was really bad. Annoying characters, insufferable main lead, and only fun I had was actually playing its minigame. At least you play a cat here, so it probably won't have as much terrible dialogue.

Top Bottom