• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter shooting this September (Ali Larter Returning)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god that's so bad. The CG is so bad, the fight choreography is so bad,

How the hell does Wesker come back from this, anyhow!?

Not only that, the RE games have actually gradually changed to become more like the movies. Most of RE6 could have been ripped directly from one of Paul W.S.'s films.

Replicant

TV happened to show the last one last night. Overall, it was a lot of fight scenes for nothing. Alice is the ultimate Mary Sue. Her only weakness is when she has to fight canon game characters (ie. Jill, Weaker). Otherwise, humongous Super Licker? No problem! And she didn't even have her power back until the end.

I'm somewhat impressed by how despite the mess, the movie managed to tie everything back to the Red Queen of the first movie. I guess the next one is the last of Super Alice's adventure before we get a reboot.

Also, it was worth it to see Leon putting his hand on Ada's leg. Game Leon wouldn't have the balls to do that.

Piers

Not only that, the RE games have actually gradually changed to become more like the movies. Most of RE6 could have been ripped directly from one of Paul W.S.'s films.

That's kind of stingy of Capcom, given I recall Paul W.S asked them for some reference/source material and they declined. (Although that could be because they wanted to make their own crappy CGi films)

BigDes

Yes.......

Grounded.

What with the guy who can morph into a mutated dinosaur or evil plant woman.

Or all the dumb shit from 4

So did you get to the word grounded and immediately think of a snarky response without reading the final three words?

C'mon dude its three words.

G-Fex

So did you get to the word grounded and immediately think of a snarky response without reading the final three words?

C'mon dude its three words.

I fail to see how the games are more grounded. If you mean cause of stupid end of the world with desert then non desert world.

I got three words for you.

don't overthink it

Mohonky

TV happened to show the last one last night. Overall, it was a lot of fight scenes for nothing. Alice is the ultimate Mary Sue. Her only weakness is when she has to fight canon game characters (ie. Jill, Weaker). Otherwise, humongous Super Licker? No problem! And she didn't even have her power back until the end.

I'm somewhat impressed by how despite the mess, the movie managed to tie everything back to the Red Queen of the first movie. I guess the next one is the last of Super Alice's adventure before we get a reboot.

I caught this last night too. Horrific stuff, couldnt believe how bad it was. Its not even bad its good its just fucking bad. Apparently no one takes cover in shootouts, everyone has unlimited ammo until a decisive encounter with another main character, the casting was fucking terrible, there was no real plot to speak and the whole thing was just an orgy of really bad cringe worthy action shots.

I really liked the first one, the second one was complete trash and then the third was pretty good mostly. Eveything after that has been fucking horrendous.

No hope for this last one.

Red Mage

I hate these movies. They could be stupid films you could laugh at the corny parts with... except my brother LOVES them and is completely serious about it. He also owns every single one but will still watch them if they're on TV.

damn that's nice

Remember how the last movie ended?
It was an absurdly brilliant set-up:

top-10-things-i-want-in-resident-evil-6-aka-the-final-chapter-90db38d1-4efd-4dba-89df-f9f746e0072b-png-230451.jpg

Resident-Evil-Retribution-Image-2.jpg

Damn, that was amazing.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
In it for the network television versions that change instances of "mother fucker!" to "motivator!"

Neat. I guess this is the real original Alice, probably an evil scientist and one of the final bosses of the film.

Can't fucking wait.
I hope she mutates into a train sized G-Virus monster, and everyone has to fight her in an underground research lab set to detonate in 5 minutes.

Tansut

I love these movies in all their amazingly stupid glory, like they're an absolute blast, but I'm struggling to remember what the fuck happened in the last movie aside from the ending.

Like, I know I saw it, but I think even as I watched it I wasn't sure what the hell was going on. Was it the one where it was like a computer simulation of the previous movies for some reason? And then they got out and the world had ended? Help?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RE1: Science gone wrong, zombies in my mansion
RE2: Zombie in my city, Jill Boobies
RE3: The world has ended, everything is desert...
RE4: Except not, there are survivors in building wanting to go to a ship called Arcadia
RE5: The ship is fake, Alice is captured, meet Ada, Leon. And oh, it's the end of the world again.

Everything after 3 was just stupid. They wrote themselves into a hole with making the whole world into a sort-of desert due to the T-virus.

The first one is still the best with 2 (outside of the game canon being ruined by it's inclusion) being nearly a good visual adaptation of the Raccoon City incident and subsequent nuking of the town.

Tansut said:
I love these movies in all their amazingly stupid glory, like they're an absolute blast, but I'm struggling to remember what the fuck happened in the last movie aside from the ending.

Umbrella is testing Alice Clones (still) because they think they can still sell these clones for biological war despite the entire world being nearly dead/underground. Wesker says "yo, fuck that" and rescues the Alice from the first film with the help of Ada (his assistant) and Leon (who is part of a squad with Barry because we gotta fuck up the game characters even more) Blah blah blah. Protect the Deaf Girl one of the Alice Clones put in a closet during one of the clone "test cases" of a T-virus outbreak in a fictional recreation of Raccoon City.

Oh and Rain (from the first film) is back because she's a clone as well. She dies so no more Rodregiuz in the films.

Oh and the entire world is now fucked by the Parasites (or whatever the movies are gonna explain them as) that are from Biohazard 5 because they included the African Executioner enemy that Chris/Shiva fight in Bio5 in the fourth film. And Wesker gives Alice her Mary Sue super-powers back that she lost after she was "cured" of them in the fourth film by him in the fight between Chris and Claire and Her against him. Why? Because of said Parasites totally killing nearly the rest of the world while Washington DC (and mostly the White House) is the "last safe place on Earth" while soldiers flamethrower the flying parasite enemy from Bio5 24/7.

Tansut

Umbrella is testing Alice Clones (still) because they think they can still sell these clones for biological war despite the entire world being nearly dead/underground. Wesker says "yo, fuck that" and rescues the Alice from the first film with the help of Ada (his assistant) and Leon (who is part of a squad with Barry because we gotta fuck up the game characters even more) Blah blah blah. Protect the Deaf Girl one of the Alice Clones put in a closet during one of the clone "test cases" of a T-virus outbreak in a fictional recreation of Raccoon City.

Oh and Rain (from the first film) is back because she's a clone as well. She dies so no more Rodregiuz in the films.

Oh and the entire world is now fucked by the Parasites (or whatever the movies are gonna explain them as) that are from Biohazard 5 because they included the African Executioner enemy that Chris/Shiva fight in Bio5 in the fourth film. And Wesker gives Alice her Mary Sue super-powers back that she lost after she was "cured" of them in the fourth film by him in the fight between Chris and Claire and Her against him. Why? Because of said Parasites totally killing nearly the rest of the world while Washington DC (and mostly the White House) is the "last safe place on Earth" while soldiers flamethrower the flying parasite enemy from Bio5 24/7.
I simultaneously now remember and also regret asking. But thank you all the same.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, it was really stupid. But worth watching because of the sets design. I really liked them going through the Raccoon City suburbs that were outside the urban sets of the town of 2 (and by proxy showing the outskirts the games never mentioned so that was new for the movies) and Japan again in a longer extended cut and fight scene that the second film (or third? Yeah, third one) didn't really show for more than four minutes.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I love Resident Evil and loved the first movie. I enjoyed the rest, but sweet baby Wesker was Retribution terrible. TERRIBLE! It was just loud ass explosions and terrible Jill Valentine and Barry, they ruined Barry!!

Will I see this one? Of course I can't help it!!

Wentworth Miller was a terrible Chris Redfield. I'm surprised they haven't added Rebecca Chambers in basketball attire in the series yet.

Holy shit: This is me posting a link to a Red Letter Media video - mostly because it's a pretty decent sum-up of what it's like to try watching all these movies while still holding onto the brain cells you possess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKcJ9Jllfc

aww, so you do care.

I was waiting for someone to post it. Also, this better be the last one. Yes, I've seen them, but I don't remember much from any of the sequels. The first one is decent though, considering it's a game movie.

Christopher

There is just no fucking story to these movies I would appreictae some kind of arch there gojng for but nothing.

Also, they go over the top to kill weaker and he's still alive not fun at all.

Nudull

Banned
I have this funny feeling that they'll keep making sequels after this one. Or reboot, that's been Sony's thing, lately.

How in the hell did this series get so successful?

zeemumu

Like, I know I saw it, but I think even as I watched it I wasn't sure what the hell was going on. Was it the one where it was like a computer simulation of the previous movies for some reason? And then they got out and the world had ended? Help?

Alice got captured after Umbrella attacked the boat and they locked her in a testing facility made out of various setpieces of populated areas to test a zombie apocalypse in each scenario. Wesker formed a task force and sent them and Ada to retrieve her and flood the facility. Michelle Rodriguez upped her death count in the series to 4.

The one you're thinking of might be 3, where they were sending Alice clones through a gauntlet made out of scenes from the first movie (some of which not even the real Alice went through) because...science?

Yes.......

Grounded.

What with the guy who can morph into a mutated dinosaur or evil plant woman.

Or all the dumb shit from 4

Hey, at least the planet didn't turn into a desert and then turn back. That'd be like if the next Mad Max movie took place in a forest.

I don't think "grounded" is the right word. the games' plots are a bit more logical when when it comes to their plot. The movies have little to no consistency and like to throw scenes from the games in to hopefully satisfy the fanbase.

The 2nd movie lifted scenes from Resident Evil 3 and Code Veronica, and the 4th lifted the Wesker vs Chris and Sheva fight scene from RE 5 along with a few monster designs. Then Resident Evil 4 stole the laser hallway from the first movie and Darkside Chronicles stole both the laser hallway and the Red Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom