• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter shooting this September (Ali Larter Returning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

From Deadline:

EXCLUSIVE: Ali Larter is set to reprise as Claire Redfield in the final chapter of the Screen Gems post-apocalyptic franchise Resident Evil, with Paul W.S. Anderson back to direct a script he wrote. Constantin Film’s Robert Kulzer, Impact Pictures’ Jeremy Bolt, Davis-Films’ Samuel Hadida, and Anderson are producing and Martin Moszkowicz serving as executive producer. The film starts shooting this September in South Africa.The story picks up after the events of Resident Evil: Retribution, as the Project Alice is forced to race against time before the villainous Red Queen attempts to destroy the final remnants of humanity. The series has been one of the most successful game-to-movie adaptations, grossing over $915 million worldwide. It’s Larter’s third Resident Evil film. She was also in two Final Destinations and most recently was seen in TNT’s Legends.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/resident-evil-ali-larter-milla-jovovich-paul-ws-anderson-1201490846/

No word on the rest of the cast, but I can't see them doing the final chapter without them. I don't think the series ever had really big names, so it shouldn't be hard to grab most of them. With this being the final chapter and how cheesy the films are, I really want them to go all out with this one. Just bring every body back and have a good time.

Ahasverus

Is it really the last? They are this kind of bad but solidly entertaining movies, I wl miss them. My favorite was Apocalypse because of the game nods.

Cardon

I'm actually excited for this. The RE flicks are far from being perfect, but they're just cheesy fun that manage to have a less convoluted plot than the recent RE games.

Krakn3Dfx

I've unashamedly enjoyed all of the previous ones, and look forward to another chapter in the series that pisses off Resident Evil game purists so much.

Is it really the last? They are this kind of bad but solidly entertaining movies, I wl miss them. My favorite was Apocalypse because of the game nods.

I thought extinction was the last when the world died but they managed to squeeze 2 more sequel out of it so I expect "THE FINAL CHAPTER" to be followed by "A NEW BEGINNING" ala Friday the 13th.

bryanee

The third is the best out of the lot but that's not hard. The last one was especially bad.

I do hope for some kind of reboot after this run of movies ends.

- J - D -

It was a weird moment for me when I realized that the games have become dumber than the movies, and I wondered what/who/which was at fault.

Jawmuncher

I have a feeling it will be the last at least for this series. However I could see Sony rebooting it.

very fun dumb movies....3rd one is the only one thats not enjoyable

Completely agree. Extinction was the only one I couldn't enjoy.

Milla's been tweeting about filming scenes in August in Cape Town.

Interesting guessing some shots might not need the whole cast.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
It was a weird moment for me when I realized that the games have become dumber than the movies, and I wondered what/who/which was at fault.

The difference is that the films - though I don't like watching them still - seem to embrace their dumbness and just keep upping the ante. In other words, they seem to be having fun with it, shit films or not.

The games on the other hand think they can become the zombie version of Metal Gear Solid.

LaNaranja

I like these movies. The last one that came out was probably my least favorite of the lot but they are all fun rides. I'm glad they are giving this crazy franchise a proper finale.

ChaosXVI

These movies are the action equivalent to The Room for me and my brothers. I remember I used to like the first one when I was in my early teens...but then Apocalypse came out and it was so, so insanely terrible I've gotten a thrill from them ever since. They really are hilarious.

Chris better return, if they can't get Miller because he is busy with the DC shows im fine with a recast.
Main dude from Chicago Fire would be perfect.
Taylor_Kinney.png

Savitar

Remember how the last movie ended?
It was an absurdly brilliant set-up

Half the time they pretty much blitz through whatever cliff hanger they had to do whatever they plan next.

Remember the clone ending and how they dealt with it.

Replicant

They just threw everything and the kitchen sink for that ending and hope that it'll somehow work in the next film. I guess they now think "Hey, let's add Claire into the mix!"

Savitar

They'll probably manage to fly away as they black hole bomb the place ala they did with that Japanese city.

Then deal with something else completely new.

They just threw everything and the kitchen sink for that ending and hope that it'll somehow work in the next film. I guess they now think "Hey, let's add Claire into the mix!"

Her and Chris suddenly disappearing between movies when they literally end and begin on the same scene was the dumbest thing this series has done.(and thats saying something.)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Her and Chris suddenly disappearing between movies when they literally end and begin on the same scene was the dumbest thing this series has done.(and thats saying something.)

Sometimes you just have to nod and smile with these movies. I wonder if they even bother explaining what the hell happened to Chris and Claire.

Silkworm

i just had this same realization

checked wikipedia and yep i damn sure have a resident evil movie to watch

The underground Umbrella facility was kind of a cool setting in Retribution. And of course Barry is in it! :) Oh and
Michelle Rodriguez's
character is alive (magic!
clones
).

Korigama

The difference is that the films - though I don't like watching them still - seem to embrace their dumbness and just keep upping the ante. In other words, they seem to be having fun with it, shit films or not.

The games on the other hand think they can become the zombie version of Metal Gear Solid.
RE4 embraced its dumbness (right before RE5 and 6 went right back to taking themselves completely seriously). Nothing about these films has suggested them having a single shred of self-awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom