• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness CG movie coming to Netflix in 2021

Aggelos

My guess is that they plan to unveil the trailer at Capcom's TGS Biohazard event/stage of the 27th.

September 27
  • 21:00 – Opening (Translated)
  • 21:05 – Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition Presentation (Translated) – Check out the latest information on the just-announced title, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition! On this day, we plan to show off actual gameplay from the title! Featuring Matthew Walker (producer), Hideaki Itsuno (director), and Junya Kumabe (main planner).
  • 21:30 – Additional Information 1
  • 21:40 – Resident Evil Village Presentation (Translated) – In this first segment, we will welcome the development team and bring you the untold stories behind the development of Resident Evil Village and the latest info on the Resident Evil series! Featuring Tsuyoshi Kanda (producer) and Peter Fabiano (producer).
  • 22:10 – Resident Evil Village Guest Talk Segment – In this second segment, we will welcome special guest Eiko Kano for a guest talk segment!
  • 22:40 – Additional Information / Ending

2i5c8Js.png

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Could be interesting. Have yet to watch any of the existing RE cg movies, though.

Aranea

I like the art direction of the CGI movies which is more in line with the RE games pre RE 7. Even though we don't know the plot of this movie, just by seeing the trailer it looks better than what we heard from the other RE Netflix series of Wesker's daughters.

SuperGooey

These CGI movies are never very good, but I'm curious to find out if Leon and Claire are voiced by the actors who did them in RE2R.
September 27
  • 21:40 – Resident Evil Village Presentation (Translated) – In this first segment, we will welcome the development team and bring you the untold stories behind the development of Resident Evil Village and the latest info on the Resident Evil series! Featuring Tsuyoshi Kanda (producer) and Peter Fabiano (producer).
Oh no! Is tomorrow's RE8 presentation just gonna be a repeat of the awfully redundant one from yesterday? I was expecting new footage and gameplay. What a crock...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
My guess is that they plan to unveil the trailer at Capcom's TGS Biohazard event/stage of the 27th.

September 27
  • 21:00 – Opening (Translated)
  • 21:05 – Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition Presentation (Translated) – Check out the latest information on the just-announced title, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition! On this day, we plan to show off actual gameplay from the title! Featuring Matthew Walker (producer), Hideaki Itsuno (director), and Junya Kumabe (main planner).
  • 21:30 – Additional Information 1
  • 22:10 – Resident Evil Village Guest Talk Segment – In this second segment, we will welcome special guest Eiko Kano for a guest talk segment!
  • 22:40 – Additional Information / Ending

2i5c8Js.png
Almost looks like the same character model from RE6. Maybe this is when he was protecting the President prior to RE6?

Astral Dog

Its probably made by that horrible studio that made VENDETTA, probably the WORST RESIDENT EVIL movie and thats saying something 🤢

They had something fun going on with Damnation but Capcom ruined it for being cheap 0 interest

Arachnid

Leon looks weird as shit. His face has a strong Troy Baker thing going on, and he looks even more slender than usual. Claire, on the other hand, looks fantastic. Back to her great looking self (I wasn't a fan of her RE2make look). Also, she's rocking her Revelations 2 outfit which is great.

I wonder if this is supposed to be a prequel at all. Leon looks WAY younger than he has since RE6.

Last edited:
Leon looks weird as shit. His face has a strong Troy Baker thing going on, and he looks even more slender than usual. Claire, on the other hand, looks fantastic. Back to her great looking self (I wasn't a fan of her RE2make look). Also, she's rocking her Revelations 2 outfit which is great.

I wonder if this is supposed to be a prequel at all. Leon looks WAY younger than he has since RE6.
I think it's just that the CG is getting better. They don't age as well in video game cutscenes. Claire also looks better here than she does in Revelations 2.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Producer Kobayashi showed it at the Capcom program

Aggelos

"" Since the first game was released in 1996 on Sony PlayStation, the Resident Evil series is nearing its 25th anniversary. With the series continuing to evolve even now, a new title carves itself into the series’ history. This series is entitled “RESIDENT EVIL: Infinite Darkness .”

This new series will be produced and supervised by Capcom's Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who is responsible for bringing numerous titles in the Resident Evil series into existence. TMS Entertainment, which has birthed various anime series, will produce the series, while Quebico, led by Kei Miyamoto, the producer of Resident Evil: Vendetta, will be in charge of the full 3DCG animation production.

This will be a horror-action series based around the stories of the two popular characters, Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield. By adding suspense into dynamic action scenes, this series will reveal a Resident Evil world unlike anything seen before.

Teaser art and a teaser trailer have also been revealed with the title announcement! In the teaser art, we see Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield against the backdrop of a blood-splattered wall, silently waiting to take on a new threat after cheating death time and time again. Revealed simultaneously, the teaser trailer depicts scenes of courage as Claire enters an abandoned building enveloped by the dark night as she happens to find "something" while Leon saves "someone" in the darkness. You can see every tiny speck of floating dust and the tension of the characters’ expressions in these ultra-realistic, high-quality visuals which ramp up the intensity from the very start! Plug in a pair of headphones to double the terror in this teaser that will surely stir up expectations for this series!

Who will be the enemy this time? What is the meaning of "Infinite Darkness"?
Stay tuned for more news about the Netflix original anime series RESIDENT EVIL: Infinite Darkness ! ""

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Vendetta and Damnation were both fantastic.

Only Degeneration was sub-par. But it was their first real modern attempt, so I give them slack.

Jada_Li

Banned
When it releases, I'll give it a watch, but after Vendetta I have become disappointed for any future CGI projects until proven otherwise. The story didn't make any sense. Leon never has a team and works alone unlike Chris Redfield but will team up with usually one person such as Ada, Angela, Claire, Helena, etc. The movie also used a real city and as far as I can remember RE always uses a fictional city and a real country.

Rebecca's reappearance was good until it got ruined by the villain and the villain's motives and backstory does not make any sense to me. Chris and Leon's argument was unbearable to even watch and was so forced for a needless conflict unlike in RE6. The action was over-the-top even for suspension of disbelief in my opinion, since when do cerberus run that fast and since when does Chris and Leon not care about civilians, etc. Sure maybe those on the highway were already turned or something but nothing was really said about that so I don't know. It's been years since I watched that movie. Some of the plot collides with the American movie Vendetta and also copies the cover with no originality for the Japanese version. And this is supposed to be canon with so many inconsistencies...oh well.

Now what's up with Leon and Claire? Did Claire not state in Degenerations that she is not like Leon or her brother Chris and is why she chose the path of TerraSave? Or now that TerraSave turned out the way it did, did she have a change of mind? Or is this another oh hey nice running into you again scenario? There's a joke I notice Capcom likes with Claire, so is she also going to fall in love with the bad guy who she thought was a good guy again?

MV5BMjE5ODkzNzI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzcyODQ1NTE_._V1_SY1000_SX67.jpg

220px-Biohazard_vendetta_poster.jpg

Keihart

Looks like Umemaro 3D levels of CG, people of refined taste would understand.
How can Vendetta look better and be older and be also CG? damn.

Top Bottom