• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republicans' old Obama tweets come back to bite after Trump's 12th golfing trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Republicans' old Obama tweets come back to bite after Trump's 12th golfing trip as President

Tweets from top Republicans disparaging former President Barack Obama’s golfing trips have come back to haunt them as President Donald Trump finishes up his 12th golfing trip in two months.

The President, who tweeted on multiple occasions that his predecessor should not have spent so much time on the course, has spent every weekend since 20 January swinging clubs at his Florida estate.

It is estimated that each trip south from Washington DC costs taxpayers around $3 million.

The press pool was told the President would spend last Saturday “in meetings” but an Instagram photo showing Mr Trump in his golfing gear at his club house suggested otherwise.

But it is not only the President whose past tweets appear relatively hypocritical in 2017 under a Republican administration. His Press Secretary Sean Spicer also attacked Mr Obama in 2012.

6wMweOz.png

The sentiment was shared by former House Speaker and Trump advocate Newt Gingrich in 2013.

glcvXcC.png

Mr Spicer has since claimed his boss’ love for the same sport is different.

“How you use the game of golf is something that he’s talked about,” he said, referring to the President playing with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

Asked if Mr Trump might consider the taxpayer cost when flying to Florida every week, Mr Spicer replied that suggestion would be a “vast reach”.

“I mean, Presidents always travel,” he told reporters.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
They were only upset because Obama wasn't a white man's caddy.

But really, they're racist hypocrites. Nothing more needs to be said.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Not to mention he's going to his own fucking resort and bringing tons of White House staff with him every time. He's pretty much robbing taxpayers blind every time he does it.

marrec

Banned
It would only come back to bite them if they actually cared about having consistent views about this stuff.

They aren't wringing their hands thinking about that one time they made fun of Obama for golfing.

The snarky response would be "GOP full of hypocrites. News at 11" but I am all for people taking every opportunity to show how petty, duplicitous and again full of hypocrisy Republicans are

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It would only come back to bite them if they actually cared about having consistent views about this stuff.

They aren't wringing their hands thinking about that one time they made fun of Obama for golfing.

Pretty much. Twitter burns mean little to them as long as they keep getting elected.

rjinaz

Then: "I'm not working my ass off at my job so that my taxes can pay for a Black man to play golf!"

Now: "President Trump is golfing again? That's good, he works hard, he deserves it".

As fun as it is to poke at GOP hypocrisy I fail so see how this is 'coming back to bite them' as if actual consequences are in store for Priebus, Spicer, Gingrich, etc. Their bosses, constituents and anybody in a position to affect them don't care even a little bit.

Pbae

So the GOP is full of shit and double standards?!

But the internet told me they cared about the working class. People wouldn't lie on the internet would they?

/s

GOPBC: The "Grand Ol' Party Before Country." If we do it, it is just and righteous and good; if they do it, it is done out of spite, malice and the purest essence of evil.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So let me get this straight, tax payers are paying him and that shitty club of his millions because he is playing golf on his own course on a weekly basis?

The ultimate benefit here is that Republicans can't criticize the next Dem president for golfing and taking time off. They would never do that, they would look completely ridiculous.

/sarrrrrcasm

Volimar

Yeah they don't give a shit.

To be fair, I didn't give a shit when they said that crap when Obama went golfing so...

he's paying his own properties with taxpayer money. he's literally looting the country's bank account.

This. Basically funneling taxpayer money straight into his own pockets, and accomplishes this while playing golf. It doesn't even take effort to steal from the country anymore, he just plays around and makes bank doing it.

Not

Banned
The ultimate benefit here is that Republicans can't criticize the next Dem president for golfing and taking time off. They would never do that, they would look completely ridiculous.

/sarrrrrcasm

What a world that would be if Republicans did something that made them look ridiculous

Liars lying.

Let's talk about what they're doing to the country, not the hypocritical garbage they write on Twitter. We already know they do that everyday. What impact does this have on any of our lives in this shitty time? Anyone in the country going to do anything about this?

(Basically I'm saying what Rachel Maddow said about how she formats her show: don't follow what they say, because it's always going to be ignorant garbage. Follow what they do. That's where the lawbreaking and meaningful changes are happening.)

Wait, Spicer kept saying that Trump was staying in DC this weekend during the press conferences. I mean he went out of his way to mention it a few times.

The assertion that the top aides of the Trump campaign are hypocrite assholes is a pretty big reach.

When a man like Trump plays golf, it just "feels right". Like, thats how its supposed to be, you know?

When Obama plays golf, i dunno. Just dont feel right. It aint right. I feel like i lost a part of myself.

It hurts.

You know?

liquidtmd

Banned
Sean Spicer has this job for a reason. He is a master of deflection and spin with absolutely no shame.

But he's not though, he's really really bad at it.

Someone good you could see coming up with incredibly smooth, witty, deflective yet disarming retorts.

He just stands there and goes 'nuh uhhh you smell'!

He's shit.

That shit right there alone should be enough to impeach the fucker, wtf is wrong with you America?? He's channeling tax payer money right into his businesses, that'd be enough to fuck over a low level elected dude in many democracies or at least putting enormous pressure for him to resign.

Krakatoa

Wait, Spicer kept saying that Trump was staying in DC this weekend during the press conferences. I mean he went out of his way to mention it a few times.

Yeah I recall Spicer making a big deal that the president would be staying DC for the weekend. Hopefully the press calls him out on it today, or whenever the next presser is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom