• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 (sequel of remnant from the ashes) Reveal trailer

winjer

Gold Member
I enjoyed the vanilla game a lot, the dlc were pretty short and just the icing on the cake.

3 dlc are already announced for the sequel, if you buy the ultimate edition they are already yours, they said that they are gonna release in a year span starting from the release of the vanilla game.

I found the Swaps of Corsus DLC to be short and not very good. And it ahs the worst boss battle in the game.
But the Subject 2923 was a lot better. Much longer, with a much better story, more side quests, a whole new setting and lot's of loot.

GymWolf

I found the Swaps of Corsus DLC to be short and not very good. And it ahs the worst boss battle in the game.
But the Subject 2923 was a lot better. Much longer, with a much better story, more side quests, a whole new setting and lot's of loot.
Yeah, the second one was way cooler.

This game ushered me into 4k lol... I played so much my old 1080p TV burned out but I was already way overdue for an update. I was holding out for PSVR2 but that came out at least 2 years after.

The burn in happened so gradually that I thought something was wrong with the game or my eyes. It was unplayable by the time I noticed.

I jumped into 4k mode on the new Vizio and I think there was some bug where there was no difference between quality and performance modes. That sucked... I was not Impressed with 4k until Returnal I think.

Would reinstall or play on Switch but 2 is so close at this point...

Similar thing happened with my PS4... It died due to Nioh 2 binges and I had to wait more than a year for the PS5 to come out.

Last edited:
A bit ashamed of myself... I only have 236 hours in Remnant 1... I did unlock everything... Could have sworn it was a lot more.

Great; now I feel motivated to play the Switch version... I am a little skeptical as to how that one is gonna work... Anyone played it? Not sure it even came out.

I owe at least a thousand more hours to this great game.... Will also offer free felatio to anyone involved in making it... No idea who the devs are and I don't need to know either... dirty deeds might be done to them for bringing so much joy to my little heart.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
A bit ashamed of myself... I only have 236 hours in Remnant 1... I did unlock everything... Could have sworn it was a lot more.
236 hours for everything ain't bad. You for sure got your moneys worth.

Do you think Remnant 2 will have more "bang for the buck"?

Reactions: Isa

WX3

Man, the original game was one of those experiences that I think about a lot. It took several restarts of the game for it to finally click with me. When it did, I was all in and it was all I played for a few weeks. However, I am not all that great at challenging games! I buy them all, try them all, hit the wall, and that is all! This one I kept going, never getting stuck for long and enjoying the progression. Then I made it to the final boss. I have not beaten the final boss. I was reminded that in the end, I am not all that great at challenging games. I'll buy this one too, cannot wait!

Isa

It's my Galaxy 3 Elden Ring 2 Half Life 3 Dark Souls 4 and Code Vein 2 combined...

First one was unique and it clicked with me massively... Gameplay loop was insanely fun to me.
Man I would so love to see a Code Vein 2... maybe someday, possibly. I try not to give much thought to it in the hopes that maybe they'll surprise me with an announcement.

Can't wait for next Friday!

WX3

Code Vein is another game I became stuck on. Really liked what I did play though, I'm just rubbish at those games. My problem is more physical, as I am almost 50 years old and have been working in the autobody and painting field since I was knee high. Family owned business plus once I hit 18 it became a hobby and I took on manufacturing jobs with similar tools such as industrial painting etc. My hands just do not work how they need in order to get these games down. My crowning achievements in these types of games are conquering all three Dark Souls games. My head got so big after doing that I figured I can beat anything! Not the case.

Code Vein is another game I became stuck on. Really liked what I did play though, I'm just rubbish at those games. My problem is more physical, as I am almost 50 years old and have been working in the autobody and painting field since I was knee high. Family owned business plus once I hit 18 it became a hobby and I took on manufacturing jobs with similar tools such as industrial painting etc. My hands just do not work how they need in order to get these games down. My crowning achievements in these types of games are conquering all three Dark Souls games. My head got so big after doing that I figured I can beat anything! Not the case.
Keep at it, ser!

Jacob0101

cant-wait-excited.gif

bender

What time is it?
Yahtzee (Escapist) mentioned he really liked what he's played of Remnant 2 and he was a pretty big fan of the original. I think this will be a Day 1 purchase for me which lends some credence to offering an older title on services like PS+ as that's how my buddy and I got and experienced the original.

Dynasty8

WTF?! I was sure it had crossplay.. My 2 mates bought it on PC and I'm on PS5. This makes me want to get a refund. Fucking bullshit!

Yeah, unfortunate...I'm in a similar situation on Xbox and friends on PC. I might hold off until they add the feature (if they ever will).

VN1X

Banned
Looks so much better than the first in every aspect. Pre-ordered this via Cdkeys as it was only 34eu.

Looking forward to it!

Josemayuste

Yea that kinda sold me on this game. Had no clue what it was prior but this kind of looks like a Returnal and The Surge mashup specifically.

The art direction is a tad goofy for me but it's whatever, the gameplay looks really fun.

I see it more like the perfect match between Souls + Diablo while it retains its own identity and delivers an interesting story also. chef kiss*

As release approaches I'm getting more hyped. Loved the first game (bought it day 1) and played it 100% solo. Seems like they literally improved every aspect for the sequel, tons of ways to customize your build, looking real tasty.

GymWolf

Yea that kinda sold me on this game. Had no clue what it was prior but this kind of looks like a Returnal and The Surge mashup specifically.

The art direction is a tad goofy for me but it's whatever, the gameplay looks really fun.
There is an ultimate preview posted in this very topic with everything you need to know.

Barakov

This sounds like a Warframe situation.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Both my mates got a refund and so did I, cause no crossplay - and we agreed not to buy it until it receives a crossplay patch.

What a shitshow..

Both my mates got a refund and so did I, cause no crossplay - and we agreed not to buy it until it receives a crossplay patch.

What a shitshow..
To be honest, I wouldn't expect to see a crossplay patch ever. They didn't add one for Remnant and I imagine that it's implementation isn't free. From what I remember, Sony are pretty difficult when it comes to crossplay.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
To be honest, I wouldn't expect to see a crossplay patch ever. They didn't add one for Remnant and I imagine that it's implementation isn't free. From what I remember, Sony are pretty difficult when it comes to crossplay.

Sounds like it will come. Sony used to be complicated around crossplay - but so did Microsoft. It's not a problem anymore, that's why I think it's weird they didn't implement it from the start.

dorkimoe

Honestly can't wait for this. Really enjoyed the first one.
i didnt discover the first one until really late, first time i tried it i couldnt beat the first like 5 minutes lol. Then i figured out how to play and its easily one of my top 5 games in the last decade. So much fun. Glad the wait wasnt too bad

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
As release approaches I'm getting more hyped. Loved the first game (bought it day 1) and played it 100% solo. Seems like they literally improved every aspect for the sequel, tons of ways to customize your build, looking real tasty.

How was it playing solo? I started it long ago, but stopped somewhere early because it felt like a Division situation where I knew I was eventually going to hit a wall where Id pretty much need one or two other guys with me to get through certain combat situations.

Zeypher

Played it solo and a couple of tough fights here and there but it is possible and fun. What helps is that the controls are very responsive, much better that elden ring etc atleast on the PC. The guns always felt nice, even the melee was bloody good fun. So yes Remnant 1 solo was easily possible, just a couple tough boss fights but otherwise doable.

John Bilbo

How was it playing solo? I started it long ago, but stopped somewhere early because it felt like a Division situation where I knew I was eventually going to hit a wall where Id pretty much need one or two other guys with me to get through certain combat situations.
There are some weapon mods which are designed to aggro the enemy. Very helpful for solo players.

Dynasty8

The more I see of this game, the more impressed I get. I really wish they added crossplay at launch....

Anyone have an idea how big the game will be in terms of scope compared to the first game?

Back when Remnant 2 was first revealed I messaged the devs on Twitter to ask whether the sequel will be fully viable as a single player experience just as the first game was, they replied: yes.

I don't remember hitting any brick walls playing the first game solo, obviously player skill levels vary, never felt like I "needed" another player to enjoy any of the content.

Top Bottom