• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remnant 2 (sequel of remnant from the ashes) Reveal trailer

HYDE

Banned
Really have been curious about picking up the first, what’s it play like? Also, is it fun to play in solo mode, not into mp.

The Skull

First one was fun to play with friends albeit had it's issues. Looks like they've really polished it up. Excited for this.

Reactions: Isa

Shubh_C63

Got very high expectations from this. The first one was fun but deeply flawed, mainly on the balancing side.

Reactions: Isa

kiphalfton

First game screamed "low budget", from the gameplay to the graphics.

Legitimately surprised it even got a sequel, but it is from the Darksiders crew so that alone I'll give them a second chance.

GymWolf

Really have been curious about picking up the first, what’s it play like? Also, is it fun to play in solo mode, not into mp.
Played the whole thing both solo and coop, had fun both times.

It's basically the best souls with guns from past gen, shooting feels great, the weapons feels all great, the lore is interesting if you read everything.

It's probably dirty cheap now.

Currently replaying part 1 with friends on higher difficulty and farming for simulacrum and weapons.

We all really enjoy it. Hopefully part 2 will be as good and then some.

dorkimoe

They need to put the first one back on gamepass, thats how i discovered it and became one of my favs ever

Is there anything else even remotely close to this game?

Last edited:

Pejo

Wow they really leaned in on Bloodborne for this one. Still, looks cool. I haven't played the first one yet, waiting for a ~$20 sale when I have the time to play it.

GymWolf

Wow they really leaned in on Bloodborne for this one. Still, looks cool. I haven't played the first one yet, waiting for a ~$20 sale when I have the time to play it.
It's 16 euros (probably less in dollars) on instant gaming.

GymWolf

big-bang-theory-woof.gif

wat is a doggo, but a fluffy pile of goodness

Dog companion class makes sense. I saw so many players using the dog summon and extended summon time gear and ring in the original. It seems like the new one can potentially resurrect you? It will be the most popular again if so.

new explanation trailer

This is one of the few games where i'm gonna do multiple runs.

A randomized story campaign sounds extremely ambitious and risky. If that's the case, hopefully they won't lock important character upgrades behind certain NPCs like the original.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Dog companion class makes sense. I saw so many players using the dog summon and extended summon time gear and ring in the original. It seems like the new one can potentially resurrect you? It will be the most popular again if so.

A randomized story campaign sounds extremely ambitious and risky. If that's the case, hopefully they won't lock important character upgrades behind certain NPCs like the original.
They already kinda managed that in the first one so i have big faith.

They already kinda managed that in the first one so i have big faith.
The first one's campaign had set areas and moments in it. For example you couldn't miss the lady in the church who upgrades your hearts. Unless I'm reading into that video wrong, he's saying each full campaign run will contain entirely different stories, meaning entirely different characters? Meaning no set encounters right? If that's the case I hope that none of the characters have crucial features like that heart lady.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Wow, it's an isometric game for the first one and I just found out I own it on GOG, already.

GymWolf

The first one's campaign had set areas and moments in it. For example you couldn't miss the lady in the church who upgrades your hearts. Unless I'm reading into that video wrong, he's saying each full campaign run will contain entirely different stories, meaning entirely different characters? Meaning no set encounters right? If that's the case I hope that none of the characters have crucial features like that heart lady.
You had different boss and encounters in the first one aswell, you could miss bosses, areas and weapons etc in a single playthrought.

But yeah the core story was the same for everyone i think, i'm curios to know how they scrambles things because the first one already was pretty strong with the randomization (i mean for a medium size AA game).

I don't think they are gonna exclude you from main gameplay\rpg mechanics just because you get a random area instead of another, that would be extremely bold, borderline "elden ring missing entire areas" bold.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Cool, the first was ok, a lot of room for improvement and I'm happy they are making a sequel.

But that weird soft pop song makes the trailer seem weak.

I don't think they are gonna exclude you from main gameplay\rpg mechanics just because you get a random area instead of another, that would be extremely bold, borderline "elden ring missing entire areas" bold.
Well, if they do go this route, Remnant 2 hopefully will be adaptable enough to the fact that someone could completely miss those opportunities.

But that weird soft pop song makes the trailer seem weak.
Broad audiences seem to like it for some reason...or maybe trailer studios really like it and want us to like it lol.

dorkimoe

i discovered the first one like 2 years after it came out, HATED it when i first tried cuz i didnt know you were supposed to kinda level up first. Ended up putting it in my top 10 ever

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Continuing IGN's month-long coverage of Remnant 2, we're bringing you a boss fight. In this video we'll drop into the nest of the Mother Mind in an attempt to bring this beat down.

John Bilbo

Edit: Pre-Alpha Gameplay of Yaesha, one of many environments you'll encounter in Remnant 2. Featuring the Gunslinger, Handler, and Challenger Archetypes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom