• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reliable GTA leaker says that Grand Theft Auto 6 will be announced this year

There's no reason for rockstar to announce this game anytime soon. They'll milk GTA online for a good 2 years or so after the next gen versions release

My guess is it gets announced with a trailer spring 2024 and released around October of the same year.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

After GTA V, many hype for this franchise is long gone. Too much online, released on 3 gens of consoles, no new content for the SP.

Then there’s also the trilogy port to unreal engine with many problems.

Rockstar has a lot of making up to do.
Yep pretty much the same here. No hype and also with Rockstar changing and likely not joking about everything anymore I have zero expectations about the characters and the story being interesting.

Superwave

Banned
I completed DE SA and it was a blast. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite the jank shooting, the driving is the best and most realistic in the series.

VC feels like a game from 20 years before SA, it's very bad.

Unfortunately the driving physics in V is worse than VC and I presume 6 will be the exact same. Expect GTA 6 to be the least innovative and most incremental game in the franchise ever. Never mind it will all be online bollocks.

RAIDEN1

....And without a shadow of a doubt they will make sure it isn't in a sorry state of release like the "definitive edition" was...

Do you think that once the final announcement date will be decided it will be really difficult to keep that information within the company? Not to compare Rockstar to Quantic Dream, but they couldn't keep the information about "Star Wars Eclipse" out of the public eyes, and this is a studio that is widely known and people are interested in its past and future projects. All it takes is for one person to blow the whistle, but then there is the question of the legitimacy of that person's claim. What I am trying to say is that even if "Grand Theft Auto VI" will be announced this year, it won't come out to me as out of nowhere, because the time has come, the interest is already through the roof and it's very important to keep the flame burning because whether it's "Grand Theft Auto" or not, nothing is above the natural excitement that can perish as fast as it appeared.

yurinka

What does it mean to be controversial after these past 5 years..?
Anything, the sjw will attack them if choose them as target. And if they don't find any reason they'll invent it, or will interview some angry and young pink haired fired testers to see if they throw shit to executives they never met. It's how it works.

Do you think that once the final announcement date will be decided it will be really difficult to keep that information within the company? Not to compare Rockstar to Quantic Dream, but they couldn't keep the information about "Star Wars Eclipse" out of the public eyes, and this is a studio that is widely known and people are interested in its past and future projects. All it takes is for one person to blow the whistle, but then there is the question of the legitimacy of that person's claim. What I am trying to say is that even if "Grand Theft Auto VI" will be announced this year, it won't come out to me as out of nowhere, because the time has come, the interest is already through the roof and it's very important to keep the flame burning because whether it's "Grand Theft Auto" or not, nothing is above the natural excitement that can perish as fast as it appeared.
In March they will release the next gen versions of GTAV and GTA Online. They will heavily promote it and will sell a lot. Very likely they won't announce GTA6 this year. GTAV will continue in the top 5/top 10 best selling game of the year. Regarding Star Wars Eclipse, there was a single leaker on Twitter, the info from the other ones is coming from him or it's false because contradicts stuf he said.

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
Did they specify it being an OFFICIAL announcement? Because I’ll gladly announce it this year if it gets people excited.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest to take a stab at this million-dollar question is a new theory that thinks the game will release in 2024. The theory revolves around the latest Take-Two Interactive financial information shared with investors. Take-Two Interactive is the parent company of Rockstar Games, which it owns alongside the likes of 2K, Zynga, and Private Division. It's a company that is making massive amounts of money each year, largely thanks to GTA Online. That said, it's expecting its annual growth rate to increase by 14 percent in 2024, which may not sound like the biggest number, but for a company like Take-Two Interactive, it's a substantial number. If it's expecting this, it's presumably because it expects a major product to release in 2022, and when it comes to major releases, none fit the bill more than GTA 6.

There's a problem with this theory though, or at least a potential problem. Current scuttlebutt suggests that Rockstar Games may be preparing to reveal its next game this year and release it the following year. That said, if GTA 6 is releasing in 2023 it doesn't explain why Take-Two Interactive's forecast for 2024 is more optimistic compared to 2023, unless the new GTA Online won't release until the following year, which is certainly a possibility.

Top Bottom