• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie boasting about Switch sales post retirement

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news

Anyone else find this guy incredibly smug?

da5.gif

SantaC

Nice boasting Reggie but you were also responsible for wii u and also refused to localize Xenoblade for the west.

Mr Hyde

I don't see this as boasting. More like the OP is triggered the Switch is passing 100 mill, on track to be the best selling console of all time. Reggie was also involved in the early days of Switch, helping to promote it and showcase it around US. It sounds more like he's proud of his baby. Get over yourself OP.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Anyone else find this guy incredibly smug?
Sounds like a you thing.

Episode 1 Reaction GIF by The Office

Do you genuinely believe Reggie, who was in charge of Nintendo’s North American branch, had that much, if any, say on what the Wii U turned out to be?
...yeah. He was the executive for the most financially important market the company has. That's a guy with sway and say. You don't put someone in that position who you're not going to listen to.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I think we really need the likes of him back. Phil is gamer-wannabe with sleazy attitude, Jim Ryan is your stereotype corporate villain. Also, who's the fuck at Nintendo now? We need the likes of Kaz and Reggie back, also that crazy salesman that help the PS3 comeback, Kevin Butler.

MrA

Sounds like a you thing.

...yeah. He was the executive for the most financially important market the company has. That's a guy with sway and say. You don't put someone in that position who you're not going to listen to.
He's still nad that the switch was the best selling console in the December npd, you want smug see his coxksure predictions that the switch would be a distant 3rd

I think we really need the likes of him back. Phil is gamer-wannabe with sleazy attitude, Jim Ryan is your stereotype corporate villain. Also, who's the fuck at Nintendo now? We need the likes of Kaz and Reggie back, also that crazy salesman that help the PS3 comeback, Kevin Butler.
Oh boy here we go again lol. You guys are obsessed with execs.

Wtat has any of these dudes done to deserve your nerd ire?

UnNamed

Banned
Switch outselling Wii and PS1 is expected.

The real question is if it can outsell the Nintendo DS and PS2.
With no Switch Pro/2 in the next 2 years and the original Switch sold as the entry level machine to replace the 3DS for kids in the next years, I think it is feasible.

Nautilus

Banned
Why is it cringe?Reggie worked 15+ years inside Nintendo, and its clearly proud of that.

So seeing Nintendo succesful again, even after he left there, makes him happy.

leo-j

With no Switch Pro/2 in the next 2 years and the original Switch sold as the entry level machine to replace the 3DS for kids in the next years, I think it is feasible.
Nah, switch sales are already down YOY. It’s also trailing the DS in aligned sales.

wipeout364

I can’t stand Reggie he always seemed like such corporate douche. I always picture home walking around saying “yes sir, right away sir, anything you want sir” to his masters in Japan.

Not sure why this tweet is a big deal though. It just more Reggie bootlicking, totally in character.

Top Bottom