• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy New Stats Revealed, Boasts 406 Million Hours Played Across All Platforms

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
hogwarts-legacy-statistics-1536x864.png

Hogwarts Legacy’s a massive success, and despite a recent delay for last-gen console versions of the game, it still boasts incredible sales numbers. A recent tweet by the official Hogwarts Legacy Twitter account supports these numbers with some newly revealed Hogwarts Legacy stats pertaining to the game and its various elements.

The most noteworthy statistic on the list is the number of hours played across all copies of the game, with a whopping total of 406 million hours.

To put that into perspective, that’s about 46,000 calendar years’ worth of playtime.

The statistics also reveal that 674 million plants were grown, and players took down over 2.2 billion Dark Wizards.

happy harry potter GIF by BAFTA

Pejo

It's a great game, deserves the sales and the numbers. I only wish it hadn't turned into an Ubisoft Collect-a-thon about halfway in. I could have done with less than half of the number of Merlin Trials and those garbage underground "dungeons" with a simple puzzle and a chest at most.

I know it's optional, but still it's low quality padding, regardless if I play them all or not.

It's a great game, deserves the sales and the numbers. I only wish it hadn't turned into an Ubisoft Collect-a-thon about halfway in. I could have done with less than half of the number of Merlin Trials and those garbage underground "dungeons" with a simple puzzle and a chest at most.

I know it's optional, but still it's low quality padding, regardless if I play them all or not.
i really loved the game. but yes - the further you get from hogwarts the more mediocre the game becomes...

Markio128

I’ve spent around 12 hours in the game now and not long had my broom. It’s a great game and I really enjoy it. I especially like all of the customisation options you get with clothes. There seems to be a decent amount of depth to the game.

Roufianos

Once the charm of exploring Hogwarts wore off, I actually felt like it was everything I dislike about open word games. Super dull narrative and characters also.

Still, happy for it to do well if it upsets the SJWs.

gow3isben

Why don’t they Just give sales numbers like normal people lol I don’t know how any of that compares to other games

Last edited:

whyman

Now that the honeymoon period is over.

Is the game actually worth my time?
Yes. It does open up to reveal insane amount of “collectibles” eventually. But focus on playing the story and doing the things you like and ignore the rest. I love that there was so much to “collect” but I understand both sides.

phant0m

That's cool, but how about:

B) Stop tracking my play unless I give explicit consent
pretty you gave consent when you installed, and played the game on your platform of choice. i don't know if they're using metrics from the game itself, but pretty sure the EULAs for Steam, PSN and Xbox include tracking of playtime and its shared with publishers.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Game is kinda repetitive.
I have fun during the first few hours.
Currently I'm around 25 hours, feels like i have seen everything.

1) Alot of repeated dialogues
2) Side quests extremely repetitive
3) Alot of the npcs has the same models.
4) World design is good but static, enemies stays on one spot all the time.
5) Gear system is ass.
6) Collectibles are awful.
7) Repeated mini bosses
8) Protag plays like an ex-hogwart student, one dimensional characteristic.

I guess if you have to be a harry potter fan appreciate this game alot.
I stopped playing this game for a while now, it kinda burns me out.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
It's a decent, if unspectacular, open world RPG, that does an excellent job of bringing Rowling's wizarding world alive. The sales do not surprise me at all, because Harry Potter is still one of the most popular and beloved franchises in the world - despite what one gaming forum wants the world to believe.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Is this WB's most successful game ever? Makes you wonder why Rocksteady went down the liveshit path.

Because the suits thought that's what the kids want. I bet they were sure Suicide Squad would do better than Hogwarts, or at least make them more money.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Congrats to the devs. This game looks fun, but I simply cannot stand any Harry Potter books/films etc. the whole universe feels “weak” to me. it is a shame as game could be for me, just in different setting,, but the setting in HP universe just make it very unattractive for me (I don’t care about any woke shit). I can see a lot of hype around this game but HP just works for me as a deterrent.

mcjmetroid

Game is kinda repetitive.
I have fun during the first few hours.
Currently I'm around 25 hours, feels like i have seen everything.

1) Alot of repeated dialogues
2) Side quests extremely repetitive
3) Alot of the npcs has the same models.
4) World design is good but static, enemies stays on one spot all the time.
5) Gear system is ass.
6) Collectibles are awful.
7) Repeated mini bosses
8) Protag plays like an ex-hogwart student, one dimensional characteristic.

I guess if you have to be a harry potter fan appreciate this game alot.
I stopped playing this game for a while now, it kinda burns me out.
I feel like that's a lot of open world games though, You do start to see the cracks after 25 hours. I did very quickly with Spiderman and eventually with Elden Ring.
Your points are valid though

VN1X

Banned
400 million of those are from me alone. Giving it to those evil progressives one hour at a time!

giphy.gif

Top Bottom