• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redneck Rampage running on UE4

Loke

Redneck Rampage Remake (aka Redneck 3D) - this is a fan project whose goal is to transfer the original game to the UE4(4.20) Engine, preserving the atmosphere of the original game as much as possible.

In addition to improving the graphics, I would like to fix the main jambs and inconveniences of the gameplay, which the developers did not manage or did not want to fix in the original game.

This project is strictly focused on fan service, free to use and not suitable for resale.

Redneck Rampage Remake was solely developed by me utilizing UE 4.20 utilizing Blueprint scripting system. This game does not utilize the legacy Build engine hence I rebuilt most of the logic in freestyle referring to the original gameplay and also using in-gams *.CON files.

Started the project on June 1, 2018. I continue to work on it slowly but surely (2021).

Y8Y7JBH.jpg

5ZuwOcM.jpg

Kuranghi

This is. FUCKING. AMAZING. The effort/faithfulness is awesome.

Fond memories of this silly game, can't wait to try this.

Thanks OP!

Kuranghi

Now I'm trying to think of this mid-to-late 90s racing game which featured a "redneck" theme as well. All I have to go on is that the game had crude dialogue when you were in the menu, possibly choosing the car/driver.

The one I remember was:

Woman: "Hey! That ain't ma belly button!"
Man: *perverted chortle* "Well that ain't ma finger neither!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Please help if you can GAF.

Kuranghi

Off-Road Redneck Racing. It's a RR spinoff.

I did find that when I searched right then but I discounted it because I thought the game had way simpler graphics than that, like with no textures. I also swear it was older than 2001, is there a prototype/earlier version or something maybe?

amigastar

Is it the full game or just one level?
If only one level i'm not interested. Rather wait for the full game.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Probably Big Red Racing then.

Holy shit man, thanks!

This game STILL looks fun as hell to play and filled with variety too:

This and Ignition are top tier nostalgia for me, I just loved the look of the Vegas vehicle (Due to Bullitt's influence I'm sure) at the time.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Holy shit man, thanks!

This game STILL looks fun as hell to play and filled with variety too:

This and Ignition are top tier nostalgia for me, I just loved the look of the Vegas vehicle (Due to Bullitt's influence I'm sure) at the time.

Holy shit, that takes me back. Played a ton of this back when, it was one of the first games I bought with my own money I think. Very weird, special racing game. It probably wasn't very good, but I loved it.

Denton

I would definitely like to replay this in remastered form. As long as soundtrack is there. Soundtrack is 10/10.
I remember a friend of mine getting this in original boxed copy from his dad back in 97. It had a manual that was fully translated into my language written in a form of newspaper. Some of the funniest shit ever.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Amazingly, this game had a sequel which I never knew. I dont know if the game supported 3D cards, but the time my bro played it, his PC didnt have a 3D card so the entire game was super pixelly shit like he was playing Doom in 1993.

Top Bottom