• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel Moon sucks according to ign

CGNoire

My issue with Snyder is that he has pretty bad dialogue and tends to make even pedestrian moments into "sloooooo-mooooooo EPICNESSNESSNESS!". He doesn't know how to pace a film, build up properly to a key action scene, and make the action tell us the story. His films often feel like "we thought of these 12 really cool scenes, now lets make some talky stuff in between them", much like a lot of recent marvel films. His adaptations work far better for me because then the pacing and narrative are out of his hands.
So pretty much just like Heavy Metal Magazine stories. Create a bunch of awesome compositions and find a way to tie them all together via a thrown together story after the fact.

Hardensoul

I'm somewhat... well, content I have no idea what this thread is about. A series/movie and ign's op about it.

Its about SW right?

Oh btw not to demean those who liked some. Just a hard confirmation that I'm a casual.
This was pitch to Lucas as a Star Wars story. After being turned down he got Netflix to fund the 2 movies(Edit: actually one movie budget $160m but was split into 2 movies) and wants to turn it into universe to rival Star Wars and other series of movie universe.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
So pretty much just like Heavy Metal Magazine stories. Create a bunch of awesome compositions and find a way to tie them all together via a thrown together story after the fact.
Sure, and Heavy Metal had plenty of T&A to go along with it. That, IMHO, is what is missing from a lot of modern stuff. They wonder why the lame story, bad acting, and lackluster action bits seem to fall flat. Well, guess what, same shit back in the day but we had boobs which had a synergistic effect of propelling the entire thing forward. surprising just how heady the violence, gore, boobs combo was in elevating mediocre storytelling. GREAT storytelling naturally needs little embellishment, but lets not kid ourselves that most folks are operating at that level.

Damn, now I wonder if there is a reasonably priced archive of Heavy Metal stories. Needs me some Druuna! Be a real shame if that stuff is lost to time as physical copes are slowly lost.

Sure, and Heavy Metal had plenty of T&A to go along with it. That, IMHO, is what is missing from a lot of modern stuff. They wonder why the lame story, bad acting, and lackluster action bits seem to fall flat. Well, guess what, same shit back in the day but we had boobs which had a synergistic effect of propelling the entire thing forward. surprising just how heady the violence, gore, boobs combo was in elevating mediocre storytelling. GREAT storytelling naturally needs little embellishment, but lets not kid ourselves that most folks are operating at that level.

Damn, now I wonder if there is a reasonably priced archive of Heavy Metal stories. Needs me some Druuna! Be a real shame if that stuff is lost to time as physical copes are slowly lost.

Even Snore Snyder's action scenes are forgettable. To compare them to Heavy Metal is sacrilege itself.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
This was pitch to Lucas as a Star Wars story. After being turned down he got Netflix to fund the 2 movies(Edit: actually one movie budget $160m but was split into 2 movies) and wants to turn it into universe to rival Star Wars and other series of movie universe.

The more i think about your post; the more surreal and real anger I get

Last edited:

Trilobit

My issue with Snyder is that he has pretty bad dialogue and tends to make even pedestrian moments into "sloooooo-mooooooo EPICNESSNESSNESS!". He doesn't know how to pace a film, build up properly to a key action scene, and make the action tell us the story. His films often feel like "we thought of these 12 really cool scenes, now lets make some talky stuff in between them", much like a lot of recent marvel films. His adaptations work far better for me because then the pacing and narrative are out of his hands.

You put it beautifully into words the exact things that make me dislike his movies. Batman vs Superman felt exactly like that. It was like "here's a cool and emotional scene which doesn't feel earned because it lacks buildup! Enjoy!"

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Zack Snyder blessed us with the greatest zombie movie of all time. And a pretty good adaptation of a comic series that most were too afraid to touch.

And then he went on to drop burning hot turds for over a decade. And counting.

I knew this show was going to lick the sweaty grease between one's balls and a-hole. Never had a doubt. I mean Batman v Superman was basically a threat of ills to come.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Zack Snyder blessed us with the greatest zombie movie of all time. And a pretty good adaptation of a comic series that most were too afraid to touch.

And then he went on to drop burning hot turds for over a decade. And counting.

I knew this show was going to lick the sweaty grease between one's balls and a-hole. Never had a doubt. I mean Batman v Superman was basically a threat of ills to come.
My taint isn't greasy or sweaty but snyder can't lick it. I don't get down like that.

CGNoire

I got the entire collection up till 2010 including all specials in .cbr format

....cough...cough... they where just...cough ...cough...floating around. 😉

DKehoe

I think the machine is just mad because Snyder fleshed out a much better Rey than that pathetic Mary Sue retard absorption which they aborted out, and that by no means is a complement to Snyder. Disney and the cunt machine is just that, pure ripe shit.
VvIb3U8tc8vI8VJpCRXadMN9D7c=.gif

AJUMP23

What would a book accurate Dejah Thoris be? :pie_thinking:

She was as destitute of clothes as the green Martians who accompanied her; indeed, save for her highly wrought ornaments she was entirely naked, nor could any apparel have enhanced the beauty of her perfect and symmetrical figure.

For all intensive purposes she never wears clothes and has no issue with it.

Dejah-Thoris.png

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I think the machine is just mad because Snyder fleshed out a much better Rey than that pathetic Mary Sue retard absorption which they aborted out, and that by no means is a complement to Snyder. Disney and the cunt machine is just that, pure ripe shit.
I can assure you this isn't it. I hated the shitquels after TFA I noped out and didn't even watch the other 2.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Which goes back to my facetious comment. She had absolutely zero backstory or character building. I saw more backstory for Snyder's girl power in the trailer alone. But these very same access media shills gushed over the tripe that was shit out by Disney.
I'm going to give this a shot. It might not be that bad. Visually it's just all over the place with jungle man and the space Nazis and all that.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
They could never give us a book accurate Dejah Thoris.
True, no one is gonna drop 150 mill+ on an adaptation full of naked women AND men.

But THIS is my Dejah..
DKXmerY.jpg

nuthin but some wire jewelry for her and just a harness for him. Obviously outside of a Love, Death, and Robots type adult animated short or perhaps a video game we will never see this.

I'm ok with some tasteful jewelry placement for the sake of american prudeness.

QI9xhqo.jpg

and even was ok with the Disney film just because i liked a lot of it (and damn, that chick was smoking..)
GvaCZ9I.jpg

but then we get abominations like this from Lovecraft Country (the least of that shows flaws....)
T100u2B.jpg

Anyway, I'm sure I'll eventually get my AI created faithful ERB adaptation with the sexy damsels, the gallant men, and the viscous hordes. Maybe the AI can figure out to show her squatting out an egg instead of giving birth :p

Majormaxxx

She also identifies as "the leading film critic of her generation" on her website.

6KTA0yC.png

Never heard of her, and her book only has 6 ratings on Amazon, all from what appear to be her friends or promotional reviews. So this appears to be a bit delusional.

Anyway, without getting too deep in the weeds on this one, safe to say her opinions won't align very well with most GAF users.
Yeah not interested in what zoomers think about movies lol.

These kids are insufferable

Thaedolus

It was pitched as Star Wars and rejected. Netflix said we will fund your lame space Opera.
That’s what I gathered, but the fact it took me even that long…Star Wars is just so diluted and lame now. Besides Obi-wan going HAM on Vader in one scene and Andor, it’s just endless trash. Oh the ride at Disneyland is cool too.

Bulletzen72

Yep! The female uterus ship with tits is great! Also a fantastic score by James Horner and miniature ship effects by a young James Cameron! Need to watch Ice Pirates again I haven't seen it on over 30 years. Anyway....Rebel Moon is Magnificent 7..... in space.....again.

Top Bottom