• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel Moon sucks according to ign

midnightAI

Don't worry, this will be another movie with a massive disconnect between 'reviewers' and the general public.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

....and mentioned that some plot points triggered her.

It's a movie....wtf is wrong with people...
Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office

Alcibiades

Not interested if there is no theatrical - this movie more than most Netflix movies seems to fit a theatrical release. I saw Army of the Dead and Glass Onion in theaters and they were great, why not Rebel Moon.

I cancelled my Netflix a few months ago after finishing all of Black Mirror.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
She also identifies as "the leading film critic of her generation" on her website.

6KTA0yC.png

Never heard of her, and her book only has 6 ratings on Amazon, all from what appear to be her friends or promotional reviews. So this appears to be a bit delusional.

Anyway, without getting too deep in the weeds on this one, safe to say her opinions won't align very well with most GAF users.

FeralEcho

She also identifies as "the leading film critic of her generation" on her website.

6KTA0yC.png

Never heard of her, and her book only has 6 ratings on Amazon, all from what appear to be her friends or promotional reviews. So this appears to be a bit delusional.

Anyway, without getting too deep in the weeds on this one, safe to say her opinions won't align very well with most GAF users.
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

PsFRugw.jpg

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

PsFRugw.jpg
960x0.jpg

Sounds like another Sucker Punch.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
960x0.jpg

Sounds like another Sucker Punch.
More or less the impression I had after those trailers. Seemed like a checklist of action movie tropes, with not enough cohesion to make it work.
At the very least it's not another adaptation, reboot, or sequel. So it has that going for it. I'm sure it'll find its audience though.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Not interested if there is no theatrical - this movie more than most Netflix movies seems to fit a theatrical release. I saw Army of the Dead and Glass Onion in theaters and they were great, why not Rebel Moon.

I cancelled my Netflix a few months ago after finishing all of Black Mirror.
It's getting a limited theatrical release exclusively in 70mm IMAX from December 15-21 at select locations in Los Angeles, New York City, Toronto, and London. So, go see it if it's showing near you. I would go see it myself, but I'm pretty busy at the moment and will just wait to catch it on Netflix next week.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
It would've been more surprising to me if this movie opened to excellent reviews.

Snyder isn't a great filmmaker and his best works are stories already written that he adapted.
I love Snyder's films for the same reason I love Michael Bay films. I find them fun. They're not supposed to be meaningful or thought-provoking. They both know how to work the camera and add visual flair where it matters. Fuuuuck the haters.

Last edited:

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Damn I was rooting for it but can't say Im surprised :/

Ill still watch cause Im a glutton for punishment.

DKehoe

That’s a pity. With me having a bunch of free time over the Christmas period I might still give it a watch and see what I think.

Although I was reading that there’s already been an extended directors cut announced? So maybe I’ll wait for that.

HEY Remember when that tabletop company made a TableTop Game with an In Universe lore which was around 300 pages, but then Netflix suddenly forged a reason to never release the game, and take all the narrative built by them. I can bet that the sequels after the two movies will have some of that lore in it.

TVexperto

6KTA0yC.png

Toons

I love Snyder's films for the same reason I love Michael Bay films. I find them fun. They're not supposed to be meaningful or thought-provoking. They both know how to work the camera and add visual flair where it matters. Fuuuuck the haters.

The difference is Michael Bay understands hes making schlock for the masses and teenage boys. Hes outright stated it.

Snyder thinks his movies are high art and true cinema or whatever else he goes for.

Im glad you enjoy them I guess.

bender

What time is it?

6KTA0yC.png

She's the Roger Siskel of our times, friend.

Rockondevil

I generally love Snyder movies and I fully expect this to have great cinematography and action and the story and dialogue to be average.
I'd rather wait and see it myself than these reviewers who want clicks because they're hating the next Snyder movie.

There's too many jumping on the Snyder hate bandwagon these days purely because they didn't like his take on the DCEU.
Outside of DCEU he's done amazing films like Watchmen, Sucker Punch, 300, Dawn of the Dead just to same some of the more popular movies.

Top Bottom