• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Really, does anyone think the Wuxia/Kongfu game is attractive jus like I do? Any recommendations?

dbilyliker

Such as Sifu or Sword and Fairy.
If two years ago, I will say The Scroll Of Taiwu but still in EA since 2018.
Any more recommedations?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
chinese wuxia game is one of the most untapped potential theme for gaming imo, there are alot of these kind of games but they does not look very well made.

An open world RPG game where you can learn all kinds of ancient martial arts would be very cool

dbilyliker

The only thing I don't like about Chinese games is that they all have this weird stock assets look to them.
Why? seems interesting 'cause I never know this before.
chinese wuxia game is one of the most untapped potential theme for gaming imo, there are alot of these kind of games but they does not look very well made.

An open world RPG game where you can learn all kinds of ancient martial arts would be very cool
Yes! The most interesting thing in Taiwu is that I can learn every arts from reading books. But they stopped updating in 2020, and no English support (I have to learn some by myself).
Other Xuxian games looks like magic too. That's really interesting.

Labadal

Here are some tips (only with official/fan translations:
侠客风云传(Tale of Wuxia)
侠客风云传前传(Tale of Wuxia:The Pre-Sequel)
Path Of Wuxia - No official translation, fan translation is ongoing.
河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon) - There's a fan translation.
Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII - There are more games in the series, that are untranslated.
古剑奇谭三(Gujian3) - The first two games are good, but they are not translated.
Fate Seeker - Can be played with DeepL translation.
Fate Seeker II - Can be played with DeepL translation.
The Wind Road
Amazing Cultivation Simulator
鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal - It's been massively downvoted for some period.
白娘子
Blade&Sword
Sands of Salzaar

Last edited:

dbilyliker

Had to search wuxia. I get it. Like crouching tiger. Yeah I'd buy that. I've seen sword and fairy before. Is it good?
This! It's definitely good. but still some problem such as PS4 version, they tell you to press the "Space" since you're using the controller. That's so funny.
crouching tiger? Is that a movie?

Last edited:

dbilyliker

Here are some tips (only with official/fan translations:
侠客风云传(Tale of Wuxia)
侠客风云传前传(Tale of Wuxia:The Pre-Sequel)
Path Of Wuxia - No official translation, fan translation is ongoing.
河洛群俠傳 (Ho Tu Lo Shu : The Books of Dragon) - There's a fan translation.
Xuan-Yuan Sword: The Gate of Firmament
Xuan-Yuan Sword VII - There are more games in the series, that are untranslated.
古剑奇谭三(Gujian3) - The first two games are good, but they are not translated.
Fate Seeker - Can be played with DeepL translation.
Fate Seeker II - Can be played with DeepL translation.
Yeah! :messenger_clapping:Most of them I've played. After this Monster hunters' month I will see the rest of them!

鬼谷八荒 Tale of Immortal - It's been massively downvoted for some period.
Do you know the reason? seems no sense.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I've always been interested in Wuxia, I grew up reading A LOT of comics from Hong Kong, more than I read manga really. Unfortunately none of comics have translated very well into video games. So far, Sifu has been the only game that accurately depicts kung fu and makes playing it fun, not sure about Sword and Fairy. Trailers look interesting though.

dbilyliker

I've always been interested in Wuxia, I grew up reading A LOT of comics from Hong Kong, more than I read manga really. Unfortunately none of comics have translated very well into video games. So far, Sifu has been the only game that accurately depicts kung fu and makes playing it fun, not sure about Sword and Fairy. Trailers look interesting though.
Dragon Tiger Gate? Fung Wan?

Crayon

This! It's definitely good. but still some problem such as PS4 version, they tell you to press the "Space" since you're using the controller. That's so funny.
crouching tiger? Is that a movie?

Yes! Crouching tiger, hidden dragon is a movie that was popular in the usa maybe 15 years ago. It is the only wuxia media I know well. I have seen 2-3 other movies like that but I've seen crouching tiger like 5 times.

Sword and fairy 6 is on sale on steam. Hmm...

Labadal

Yeah! :messenger_clapping:Most of them I've played. After this Monster hunters' month I will see the rest of them!

Do you know the reason? seems no sense.
There was an update that messed up the game so you couldn't even open it to play, but there is a manual fix that I think most people don't know of.

If you are willing to test to play some games in Chinese, there's a crapton of games to choose from.

Last edited:

dbilyliker

Yes! Crouching tiger, hidden dragon is a movie that was popular in the usa maybe 15 years ago. It is the only wuxia media I know well. I have seen 2-3 other movies like that but I've seen crouching tiger like 5 times.

Sword and fairy 6 is on sale on steam. Hmm...
If you want to play but not so hurry, buy it in a discount time. The Crouching tiger, hidden dragon is so famous and really great.

There was an update that messed up the game so you couldn't even open it to play, but there is a manual fix that I think most people don't know of.

If you are willing to test to play some games in Chinese, there's a crapton of games to choose from.
I see! Thank you!

Last edited:

NahaNago

I haven't played any but I do think that this genre should be more promoted and used in video games. I've been wanting to get into the more fantasy Chinese games but I just can't get myself to bite the bullet and just play them.

Neolombax

Dragon Tiger Gate? Fung Wan?
I'm an avid fan of Fung Wan. I followed the series from the start up to almost the end, loved the art. If anyone could really translate Fung Wan into a modern video game with a big budget, that would be amazing. Not a big fan of Dragon Tiger Gate, I generally stay away from the modern stuff.

KàIRóS

I've played the 3 main chinese RPG franchises (Sword and Fairy, Xuan Yuan Sword and Gujian) I guess I can give you my thoughts.

The first four Sword and Fairy games are hidden gem chinese RPGs especially the first game, they dropped the ball starting with the fifth game, six is downright unplayable with a copy pasted FFXIII battle system and the seventh game which is also the upcoming one called Together Forever will have real time combat, still have to try that to judge it but it looks clunky as hell.

Xuan Yuan Sword is the opposite to Sword and Fairy, the first games are bad to average but the last 2 games were fairly decent, they prioritize gameplay instead of story and personally I liked that.

Gujian franchise is downright boredom fest for me, I still remember that thread here at GAF calling Gujian 3 a chinese Final Fantasy, lmao yeah it's pretty but it's boring AF too, the combat is literally taken from one of those Mobile Gacha Action RPGs plaguing the chinese and korean games.

Found it XD
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/guij...heir-own-lore-culture-and-traditions.1526016/

Last edited:
Top Bottom