• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart will run at dynamic 4K resolution, targets 60 FPS for performance mode

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
unknown.png

The official PlayStation website has been updated for the upcoming PS5 games that have been announced so far. Among the listed games is Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, which still doesn’t have a release date set for it.
According to the listing on the website, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart will run at a dynamic 4K resolution with HDR. There is a performance mode as well that will target 60 FPS.:
  • Stunning visuals: Enhanced lighting and ray tracing make for super sharp visualfidelity. Displayed in crisp, dynamic 4K and HDR*, behold dazzling in-game worlds as you work to save the universe. Enjoy Performance Mode to experience a targeted 60fps frame rate as you encounter new enemies across multiple dimensions.
  • Fast loading: Planet-hop with abandon – near-instant loading via the PS5 system’s SSD sends you hurtling across the galaxy at hyper-speed.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel unbridled dimensional energy via the DualSense wireless controller, making combat come alive. Each weapon has unique responses as you mow down foes.
  • Haptic feedback: Sense the impact of in-game rumbles and explosions through the DualSense wireless controller’s haptic feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech: Immerse your ears in 3D spatial environments, enabling you to hear everything above, below and surrounding you, all the while using your favorite pair of headphones. Connect with the sounds of combat and explore in wonder as worlds come to life, enveloping you with high fidelity sound.
Also, could this not release in 2020 as planned ?
unknown.png

ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-screenshot-01-ps5-en-15jun20
ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-screenshot-02-ps5-en-15jun20

Last edited:

Concern

never been into Ratchet games. But "dynamic 4k" and then "targeting" 60fps for performance mode is not a good look. What res would performance mode be on? 1440p?

Dogman

Once again, this thread is showing its stupidity by expecting native 4k/60fps with next gen visuals +raytracing like Ratchet and Clank. Like someone else said, if you want all of those things, go buy yourself an RTX 3090 and i9-10900k and go play on PC. It is not happening on a $500 console

Dogman

The funny thing is nobody can tell if they showed it in 4K or 60FPS.
People saw up to 4k gameplay of this applauding it for being the greatest looking next gen game thus far, but now that they hear the word dynamic, all of a sudden they say it's "unimpressive". Unbelievable

Makes sense tho. I dont think most console gamers really understand what 4k means or how demanding it is compared to 1080p

Last edited:

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Once again, this thread is showing its stupidity by expecting native 4k/60fps with next gen visuals +raytracing like Ratchet and Clank. Like someone else said, if you want all of those things, go buy yourself an RTX 3090 and i9-10900k and go play on PC. It is not happening on a $500 console

Actually, DF tested the RTX 3080 today and with native 4K with ray-tracing with frame rates hitting mid 30s, I believe the game was Fallout. So these idiots thinking that a $500 box is going out perform a $1000 graphics card are clueless.

MastaKiiLA

If it looks good, it looks good. I assume they'll use the same kind of tricks they're using for Miles Morales. I don't care, I just want the end result to be good. I'll be using whatever the higher visual quality setting is anyway. So far, so good.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Actually, DF tested the RTX 3080 today and with native 4K with ray-tracing with frame rates hitting mid 30s, I believe the game was Fallout. So these idiots thinking that a $500 box is going out perform a $1000 graphics card are clueless.

Before calling other idiot, look at the girder into your own eye. Fallout dont have ray tracing, so ok you say "I believe" but still this is the best way to appear like a dumb pro PC, and we don't want you in our ranks.

The funny thing is nobody can tell if they showed it in 4K or 60FPS.

What did Digital Foundry say about Ratchet? The footage was captured from a PS5 so a dynamic resolution should have been obvious to the. Unless there's some weird upscaling technology that they are using.

Edit: I know this is Insomniac so they have a special upscaling technique. However it's detectible on a frame by frame basis.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

What did Digital Foundry say about Ratchet? The footage was captured from a PS5 so a dynamic resolution should have been obvious to the. Unless there's some weird upscaling technology that they are using.

Edit: I know this is Insomniac so they have a special upscaling technique. However it's detectible on a frame by frame basis.

I believe they said everything was 4K except for Sackboy. They also said they may need to find a new method as pixel counting is getting to be unreliable.

Fake

I hate to remember to all console warriros here baiting, shiting and defending that PC is heaven while console departament is about optimization, aka hell.

I know I set myself up, but I have AC:Valhalla to back up my thought.

Better not use a crossgen game as a bulletproof. Trust me.

Well that's weird. I wonder what caused them to make the change?

'Perfomance mode' will probably remove RT. The demo playing at the PS5 conference was native 4k at 30 fps with Ray Tracing on. Maybe the 'quality mode' of the game.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I hate to remember to all console warriros here baiting, shiting and defending that PC is heaven while console departament is about optimization, aka hell.

Better not use a crossgen game as a bulletproof. Trust me.

'Perfomance mode' will probably remove RT. The demo playing at the PS5 conference was native 4k at 30 fps with Ray Tracing on. Maybe the 'quality mode' of the game.

The only thing that matter is that the game will look gorgeous, and will probably feel very smooth and people who actually PLAY won't care about 30 FPS because this isn't a fast paced shooter. But we all know there are "gamers" who unfortunately love trolling.
Don't waste your energy, it's not worth it (but I know, from time to time it feels good to just say it)

Last edited:

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Before calling other idiot, look at the girder into your own eye. Fallout dont have ray tracing, so ok you say "I believe" but still this is the best way to appear like a dumb pro PC, and we don't want you in our ranks.

The point was that RTX3080 could not do native 4k60 with ray-tracing, so why would anybody think that the PS5 or XSX can? Also I don't have a gaming PC and the PC I do have is 10 years old. I have always been a console gamer and I don't plan on changing. One last thing, I was guess Fallout but wasn't sure, I could not hear the video that great when I 1st watched it but the frame rate chart was what I was interested in, ok idiot.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
People shouldn't expect 4K 60fps as standard for next gen unless they're playing on PC with a RTX 3090 or higher.

60fps options SHOULD/WILL be standard next gen at a lower resolution.

The CPU is more than capable of running at 60fps or higher at lower resolution.

Top Bottom