• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PythonSelkan] Detailed ANALYSIS - God of War Ragnarök "Father & Son" Cinematic Trailer

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

For some resource reading:

What are some of your theories on SSM's spin to the story?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Deatail analysis for a 30 second clip ok lol
786377.jpg

Just watch it, cunt waffle.

Last edited:

Calverz

I’m really glad they decided to show a full cgi cinematic for the announcement. It really tells you a lot about the game.

I’m really glad they decided to show a full cgi cinematic for the announcement. It really tells you a lot about the game.
For the game being so close it's an unusual trailer, it indicates a change in marketing strategy. And if I was being hyper critical, they already revealed a few surprising moments they could've let players find out while playing eg Thor's look and Tyr, but it should mean there'll be bigger surprises.

Last edited:

reforen

This guy is the one that said that Chico was Quiet un MGS5, so yes his analysis are pretty accurate

Last edited:

Fredrik

I wouldn't watch this for several reasons,main one being I don't really want to know what happens.
I’m skipping it too but I have my own theories, I can spoiler tag if the ragnarök myth isn’t known
Loki - I don’t think they will fully unleash Loki in this game, firstly because it would be too gross and secondly because in this story he’s still young. But I think they’ll do something, possibly some gender swap or at least talks in the boat how that would be interesting and could be useful to trick enemies etc.
He dies in the myth but I think they’ll skip that.

Odin - I don’t think Odin will be in this game, I think we would’ve heard about that in that case.
Then again, Fenrir is loose and with that Odin should come into the pictures in some way or form. Possibly they could have Odin and Kratos fight and when Kratos is almost dead he push Odin over some edge and Fenrir is waiting below and swallow him.

Thor - We’ll either fight Thor or we’ll fight beside Thor, to bring down world serpent. I’m hoping it’s the later just because the voice actor was so perfect. I don’t want Thor dead.

Freya - No idea what’s going on here, she’s out of character, I’m hoping it’s just a phase and she’ll be an ally later.

Baldur - He should rise again after Ragnarök so this could be and end game scenario, in the myth he’s the new post-end ruler but maybe we fight him again and Kratos take that spot.

Whatever happens I don’t think Kratos will make the killing blows, I think he’ll trigger an event similar to the myth so someone else or something else kill the gods. Kinda how Baldur died in the last game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom