• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök - Shaping the Story Trailer | PS5 & PS4 Games

Gudji

I've been replaying GoW2028 the past few days for the 4th time...

Not really a fan of the combat and the new camera.

I understand they wanted to do something new, but if they had kept the fast paced combat and the static and manually positioned camera... we would be talking about a very different beast.
Did Russia use nukes or what?

Last edited:

3liteDragon

vlcsnap-00001.png

vlcsnap-00004.png

vlcsnap-00002.png

vlcsnap-00007.png

GOWR1.gif

GOWR2.gif

GOWR44.gif

GOWR.gif

I understand they wanted to do something new, but if they had kept the fast paced combat and the static and manually positioned camera... we would be talking about a very different beast.
Given what we have seen from this one the combat seems more faster paced this time around, but I doubt it will feel like a classic GoW game (unfortunately).

Armor and nipples are not mutually exclusive:

u8m042c7r3811.jpg

Edit: come to think of it, Kratos having a "Kratos and Atreus" armor with similar features would be fucking epic. I know that will probably not happen, what with all the seriousness of the reboot/reimagining, but if anyone from Santa Monica is reading this, please make it happen.
Kory here, I will personally make sure that this is in the first post release patch.

The dwarfs will only accept to sell armors in perfectly matching pairs, one for Kratos and a smaller complementary one for his son (whatever his name is now)!

Also, you inspired me future DLC where the gameplay will involve going on the walkway with your stunning armors together while looking awesome! This will be AMAZING!

Mr Branding

So I have my PS4 for sale online but this game makes me keep it just a little bit longer.
I am one of those heathens that was very vocal about the gameplay and camera change, being a really big fan since the first one. I'm also one of the few fans which really dug deep into Ascension's combat and found it amazing.
This being said, I actually loved 2018 and I might buy that again on SteamDeck. What are the odds of this coming out on PC in 2023?

Haggard

Banned
Have you looked at the ltest footage? GoW 2018 on PC all maxed out does not touch this game.
Nothing even close to the monumental difference in asset and character model quality and environmental object density between HZD and HFW. In the advertisement/discussion videos with mixed gameplay footage I can`t even tell predecessor and sequel apart.
Purely visually speaking the new game looks more like an Addon/DLC than a new nearly 5 years younger game with next gen console power available.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Kinda off topic but gonna ask here because I don't want to open another thread... Is there a way to play God Of War 1 and 2 on PS4 or PS5 that is not the cloud?

Kinda off topic but gonna ask here because I don't want to open another thread... Is there a way to play God Of War 1 and 2 on PS4 or PS5 that is not the cloud?
Maybe a hacked PS4 can run PCSX2.

Otherwise I think that these amazing games are lost to time so far.

If Sony is to remake anything these games should be "it".

Nothing even close to the monumental difference in asset and character model quality and environmental object density between HZD and HFW. In the advertisement/discussion videos with mixed gameplay footage I can`t even tell predecessor and sequel apart.
Purely visually speaking the new game looks more like an Addon/DLC than a new nearly 5 years younger game with next gen console power available.
Sorry, I'm doing a replay in preparation for Ragnarock and ... well they don't look the same, even the animation seems better in some aspects.

Jayjayhd34

Don't think I'll be here to play can't take it anymore so downed a load whiskey and took box paracetamol good bye guys and enjoy

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Don't think I'll be here to play can't take it anymore so downed a load whiskey and took box paracetamol good bye guys and enjoy

Just in case you're serious here I beg you to step back and compose. Talk to someone. Please. Death is permanent.

Top Bottom