• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare 2 Beta Thread: Get Back To Your Roots

Patch notes from beta. Imp got nerfed hard. Kernel Corn and Super Brainz received a much needed buff. Rose received a questionable buff. Hopefully they can also address the sound issues and weird delayed death animations. Would also like to see team desthmatch kills raised to 75 or 100.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZGardenWarfare/comments/43s00s/january_2016_garden_warfare_2_tuningbalance_notes/

Incredibly stupid Imp and Rose changes

People slept on Rose and now she's Plant Jesus lol

Bessy67

Made a video to list all of the changes.

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaD3wiL0Kho

Man, they changed so much, in better.

Maybe, just maybe, the Imp was over-nerfed. But we will have to play to know.
Cool, thanks for the vid. I'm surprised that Rose is getting a buff. She seemed pretty powerful already.

And I do believe that the Imp needed a nerf, but I'd have rather they nerfed the range/damage of the impkata ability and not just his regular attacks. Not a fan of reducing the health of the mech either since it's pretty easy to destroy if you get a couple characters focusing fire.

hydruxo

I felt like the Impkata was the only thing the Imp really needed to have nerfed. Everything else the Imp has is mostly counterable. Impkata was some straight bs (even though I may have abused it in the beta myself haha). Their primary blasters were not an issue at all IMO, not sure why they bothered nerfing those.

Berordn

I felt like the Impkata was the only thing the Imp really needed to have nerfed. Mech health nerf is fine too, they did have a ton of HP. Everything else the Imp has is mostly counterable. Impkata was some straight bs (even though I may have abused it in the beta myself haha).

I don't really think the mech health was even that big a deal, it's mostly just their invulnerability while summoning. About to die? Summon mech and go all-in or bail out with no penalty.

BlackHeron

Neo Member
Cool, thanks for the vid. I'm surprised that Rose is getting a buff. She seemed pretty powerful already.

And I do believe that the Imp needed a nerf, but I'd have rather they nerfed the range/damage of the impkata ability and not just his regular attacks. Not a fan of reducing the health of the mech either since it's pretty easy to destroy if you get a couple characters focusing fire.

Yea.

At the same time I have faith in Popcap and I feel they probably have their reasons and numbers.
I would rather have them over nerfing him for the first 2 weeks, than have him being overpowered for the first 2 weeks.
They will continue patching and tuning, they say.
I am VERY happy about every other change.
I find hilarious that we made a "How to fix" series on our Youtube channel for several characters, and for many of them, we literally predicted every change. Almost literal.

They are good devs and they always listen to this awesome community :)

minx

I don't really think the mech health was even that big a deal, it's mostly just their invulnerability while summoning. About to die? Summon mech and go all-in or bail out with no penalty.

Yea.

At the same time I have faith in Popcap and I feel they probably have their reasons and numbers.
I would rather have them over nerfing him for the first 2 weeks, than have him being overpowered for the first 2 weeks.
They will continue patching and tuning, they say.

This and this. I think the mech health was fine but the invincibility while calling the mech needs to go. I'm just assuming they had numbers that showed rose didn't have the kills they wanted. She was an assist machine when I used her.

BlackHeron

Neo Member
This and this. I think the mech health was fine but the invincibility while calling the mech needs to go. I'm just assuming they had numbers that showed rose didn't have the kills they wanted. She was an assist machine when I used her.

You know, with all these nerfs the Imp received I am actually even fine with him being invincible while calling the Mech. That could be seen as a sort of "last chance before dying" ability.
Considering everything else was majorly nerfed, I find it way more tolerable now.

I did have an issue with it in the beta, but this Imp is not that powerful anymore.

SiDCrAzY

Have they touched the Roadie Z at all? That is my go to guy for enginner. I'll kill all y'all with it. I don't care if you're the rose.

Being clear is not the same as being aggressive. To be clear, if you're on the same side as the majority on this you're wrong. Don't go getting triggered over it.

The choice here for you is simple: If you don't like it, don't buy it. And especially don't harass people about it.

The choice here for you is simple: If you don't like it, don't buy it. And especially don't harass people about it.

Sweet false dilemma, bro.

The Imp had very little health and fell to a few well-placed shots. Bad players who can't aim complain (instead of just not buying it, right?) and the game gets less balanced as a result. Well done.

Next time practice a little bit and learn how to play each class before coming here to whine about how this video game is too hard for you.

CdhNE66.gif

SiDCrAzY

Does anybody know if any of the maps from the first game are coming over? There are a couple of maps from Gardens and Graveyards I would love to see again.

Safe Bet

Banned
Kinda taken aback by the Rose buff considering how good people were getting with her by the end of the Beta.

/shrug

Must be something in the data we as players can't see, etc.

I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this.

Will PVZ: GW2 have any sort of a solo campaign? I've hardly played the games, but it looks fun.

BlackHeron

Neo Member
I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this.

Will PVZ: GW2 have any sort of a solo campaign? I've hardly played the games, but it looks fun.

Yes, there will be a story component, with quests, missions and all that kind of stuff (not a proper single player campaign, from my understanding).
There have been teasers about that here and there.

By the way, here a video regarding the redesign of the Plasma Pea:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vQefBHgbM

Yes, there will be a story component, with quests, missions and all that kind of stuff (not a proper single player campaign, from my understanding).
There have been teasers about that here and there.

By the way, here a video regarding the redesign of the Plasma Pea:

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vQefBHgbM

Thanks

I'm more of a single player person, and enjoyed a demo I played, but am not sure if I should bother since it's multiplayer focused.

Planet

Nope, nobody was wondering, everybody knew. XD

Just 10 days of wait left (8 for US fellows). Plant growing intensifies...

MrBlonde

I signed up for EA Access after just reading this will be available on the 18th! I thought the games came out on Fridays with that but it looks like its Thursday. 10hrs is plenty of time, I already have the game pre ordered but playing it early for $5 is fine with me, ill cancel before I am billed again.

Not sure how the EA Access thing works if I already have the game installed or if its a separate install through the app that needs to be deleted before the full game is released?

tw1164

I signed up for EA Access after just reading this will be available on the 18th! I thought the games came out on Fridays with that but it looks like its Thursday. 10hrs is plenty of time, I already have the game pre ordered but playing it early for $5 is fine with me, ill cancel before I am billed again.

Not sure how the EA Access thing works if I already have the game installed or if its a separate install through the app that needs to be deleted before the full game is released?

Just "buy" it in the EA access app and you'll be ok.

Top Bottom