• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

Dead Booty Nation for me.

I have a PSP and have downloaded from the store before, does that mean I have an account?

Edit:

Hopefully Dead Nation and Quest for Booty are available for US.

SmithnCo

Enosh said:
YES
FUCK YES

thank you Sony
hell I just wanted to buy it last week, will now put that money towards GoW

will probably get LBP too for my sister ^^
or rachet? idk, what's more fun for a 12 year old?

LittleBigPlanet.

DasRaven

It'll have to be different for the US since LBP isn't PSN released on the US store.
C'mon ModNationRacers as its replacement! Infamous/ModNation would be great.

Aru

* LittleBigPlanet > Didn't care about it before but why not if it's free ?
* Infamous > Was planning on buying it since a few months. Gonna get it for sure.
* Wipeout HD/Fury > Already have vanilla Wipeout HD
* Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty > Rented
* Dead Nation* > Not interested in this

So LBP + inFamous for me.
If we can get 2 PS3 games + 2 PSP games, maybe I'll get LBP on PSP too, with Killzone Liberation.

I have 4 different accounts, so I hope the selection isn't the same worldwide :p

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
cnizzle06 said:
The catch: you must have a validated credit card on system in order to claim these games!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

God I'd hate if that were the case.

Evlar

Banned
Kaijima said:
I don't even care about getting any "compensation" for PSN being down, and I can see that this is a limpwrist of an apology.

Sony knows that 95% of PS3 owners already have the games on those lists, with Dead Nation being the only real nice offer. Hell, tons of PS3s were sold with LBP and Infamous packed in.

Of course, Sony is also in a spot because they're losing enough as it is on the PSN reboot. It only makes sense to offer products with no real profitability left, as an apology.

It does make them look insincere about "apologizing" though. In point of fact, it wouldn't look as bad if they had not even made an offer to download any full games at all, rather than a selection that displays a disingenuous generosity.
Considering the evidence in this thread nowhere near 95% of GAFfers have all of these games... If you truly think 19 out of 20 people the general public has all of them you have a very different view of the world than I.

theBishop

Banned
lowrider007 said:
Same here, although better than nothing I suppose, this is a great deal for those that don't own Infamous.

Warhawk or Mag would of been good imo as incentive to get people playing online again.

Completely agree on Warhawk/Mag.

I'm surprised how generous Sony is being with those games. Even though I own most of them, I was expecting arcadey titles like Pixeljunk Monsters or Flow. Getting inFamous for free is a hell of a deal if you haven't already played it. Maybe PSN should go down more often!

Audioboxer

Have them all :( Oh well, I'm happy with 60 days PSN Plus.

Must be good to be a new PS3 owners, or someone without those games - Definitely not dregs from the barrel, I'd be jumping on inFAMOUS/Dead Nation/Wipeout.

snap0212

Screw you, Sony Germany. Years after they've launched the PSN the still haven't figured out a way to give us free 18+ rated content... it's a shame. I hope I can get the content from the US Store as I buy most of my games on there anyways.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm thinking that I should pick up WipEout HD/Fury for my EU account. I own it on my US account and play it cross region. I see really no use in getting Ratchet and Clank: Call of Booty or whatever it's called. inFamous will be nice though, heard good things and I wouldn't really pay cash to play it so that's nice.

I would hope for some more choices, but what can you do? I'll end up going with Quest For Booty and Wipeout. I wish Quest for Booty had trophies. At least it's all free.

Dambrosi

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:
30 days of free stuff? You keep any discounted items anyway so it's a free month of discounts at least, even if you don't get to keep the free stuff.
But some free games you do get to keep. I can tell you with certainty you got to keep Stacking, Lead & Gold and Red Faction: Battlegrounds, at the very least (well, I still have them, and they still work, and I'm no longer a Plus subscriber, so... :p). Oh, and you also keep any free Minis (like Flying Hamster) and PS1 games (like Guilty Gear) that are on offer, as well as all free themes and avatars, premium or no.

I guess it depends on the game.

So, some free games, free Minis, free PS1 games, free themes and avatars, and discounts on new games? That's not too shabby.

All of you: stop looking a gift horse in the mouth, and be thankful you're getting anything more than an apologetic bow.

...although Warhawk and MAG would have been better choices than Dead Nation and R&C, IMO.

Oh god I feel like such a Sony shill after typing all that

snap0212: Make a UK account for 18+ stuff.

Well, as others have said, It's pretty worthless if you've already been buying the good games. Can't say I'm surprised at the selection, though. The only one I don't own is Dead Nation and I don't want that at all.

I'll just be happy when the store's back up, I guess.

rhino4evr

Of that list I've only played Little Big Planet. Not really sure what else id pick. Also my Hard drive is going to be hurting

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SI !!
Im finally gonna play Quest For Booty!

RPGCrazied

If you already own the games, trade them in, or sell them on eBay. Then get the ones you sold. Free games and money in your pocket.

Durante

I hope I can get Everybody’s Golf 2 PSP from the German store. As someone who doesn't really play online on PSN I'm actually really satisfied with this package.

I reckon the US will totally get MAG in lieu of anything else.

Also as I have a US account but am in the UK can I get around any ip locking by spoofing my location/VPN?

larvi

Already have LBP for the PSP from buying a Go, will probably go with Modnation and Pursuit Force if the US games are the same.

Just curious, does a PSN+ subscription offer any benefits to PSP users?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
That's a way better list than what I had expected. None of the games interest me very much though, but I might get Infamous Booty.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I knew this would happen, I am effectively punished for being a loyal customer in the past, I already own all the PS3 offerings.

I am happy with the PSP ones though, I have been meaning to get Modnation for a while.

randomkid

Durante said:
I hope I can get Everybody’s Golf 2 PSP from the German store. As someone who doesn't really play online on PSN I'm actually really satisfied with this package.

Is Everybody's Golf the same as Hot Shots Golf? I enjoyed that back in the day.

Also been meaning to pick up Super Stardust HD so I hope those German alternates are available to Americans too, heh.

RPGCrazied

rainking187 said:
...these aren't physical copies. They're all downloads from the store.

I know. I'm talking about the people that own the retail copies. If you don't mind losing the disc and manual, go for it.

lol @ people complaining about the games. like jesus man.. those are good games and not some cheap minis or whatever, and they're varied enough so that most people won't already have them all.

the only ones i don't have are Infamous and Ratchet & Clank but i don't even know if i'll bother downloading them, not really interested in them. but i still wouldn't complain.

but hey, that free 30 days of Plus membership, does that mean i can upload my saves to the cloud and they'll stay there even after the 30 days..?

brotkasten said:
So they basically let you rent two games for 30 days?

The wording of the fine print is unclear, but I take it to mean that access to free games you download during your 30 days free PS Plus membership will go away after the 30 days is up. In other words, PS+ members always get certain free games that go away when you are no longer a subscriber, and the same is true here. As someone with a 30 day subscription to PS+, you too will be able to get free games under it. But after the 30 days, they will no longer be there.

HOWEVER, access to the 2 free games they are giving you as part of the welcome back package are yours to keep forever.

That's my take on it anyway

Top Bottom