• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

425kid

What are the chances that NA list will be the same?

For PS3, Little Big Planet + Wipeout seems good.
Any sugestions for the PSP?

slayzz

brotkasten said:
So they basically let you rent two games for 30 days?

They giving 2 free games and PS plus has its own free games that goes away when you end your sub.

I think a lot of people are confused about the 2 free games and PS plus's free games.

Conceited said:
Dissapointing choices. :\

Anybody that thinks this either doesn't know thing 1 about inFamous or already played it and as such doesn't benefit in getting it for free. inFamous is awesome.

ToyBroker said:
And if they did nothing you gigantic cry babies would be shouting even more expletives from your ivory towers.
Probably.

Like I said, I don't really care personally and I doubt I'll download any of the freely offered games. I just think the whole '30 free days of a service that only lets you keep stuff as long as you're subscribed' is laughable.

fernoca

Well, as I said in the other thread...hope's th same in the US, at least for PSP games.
ModNation and Killzone will be mine if that's the chase.

On the PS3-side, dead Nation is the only one I don't have/haven't played. Though LittleBigPlanet would be nice too, since I finished #2 but never finished #1.

Mechanical Snowman said:
Probably.

Like I said, I don't really care personally and I doubt I'll download any of the freely offered games. I just think the whole '30 free days of a service that only lets you keep stuff as long as you're subscribed' is laughable.
Well, the service lets you keep some things though, and things you buy with discounts. Like the Killzone 3 maps, Stacking were free and don't have expiration dates.

Bebpo

Banned
If you have like 5 accounts are you getting 15 games? Or is it only 1 welcome back pack per console and you choose which one? Or will they be region locked by your hardware or IP as to which one you get?

ToyBroker

Banned
brotkasten said:
So they basically let you rent two games for 30 days?

I feel bad for Sony when half their customers can barely read.

Thank god this isn't the XBOX or we'd have 3/4ths of the customers who can't read, lol.

These games are separate from PSN+. You get to KEEP these games.

Assuming the North America is the same:

* LittleBigPlanet
* Infamous
* Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty

Two of these, with one being Ratchet and Clank.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
StrikerObi said:
Anybody that thinks this either doesn't know thing 1 about inFamous or already played it and as such doesn't benefit in getting it for free. inFamous is awesome.

Or I already own all of these games. (except Dead Nation)

Diebuster

Hope the US is different, I already own all the PS3 stuff D:

Is this just going to be up for grabs on the Store though? Surely they must know people have multiple accounts.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LittleBigPlanet is not available on US PSN, so I'm thinking it's either Modnation Racers or probably Warhawk

if this ends up being the us list then i'll get infamous since my disc copy was stolen and dead nation. I really wanted warhawk to be eligible though :/ . I like that i may also get psp games too , i'd get modnation and lbp. If the us list is different i hope it's only different in that it has warhawk on it.

ToyBroker

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
Probably.

I guess.

It's better than just having 2 games and that's it.

cnizzle06

Banned
I really doubt the US version we'll be different. Still, I pray that they give out Warhawk. It'd be an awesome game to have boot directly from the PS3.

Bebpo said:
If you have like 5 accounts are you getting 15 games? Or is it only 1 welcome back pack per console and you choose which one? Or will they be region locked by your hardware or IP as to which one you get?
Good question; I'll be curious to see how and whether they handle this.

Xater

Bebpo said:

Who knows? If the US gets anything I don#t own you can bett I will try to download it.

Evlar

Banned
Wario64 said:
LittleBigPlanet is not available on US PSN, so I'm thinking it's either Modnation Racers or probably Warhawk
I would gladly take either... Probably in place of Dead Nation.

Assuming that's the US list, Wipeout and Infamous are for me.

They should offer Warhawk complete, MAG, or maybe one of the full Ratchet games though.

Or Sly Cooper Collection, or something like that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Already played or have all the PS3 ones. I hope they give something different for us in the US, and I hope I'm able to buy them off MediaGo since my PS3 is dead. >:|

As for the PSP: I'll take Modnation and LBP (though since I'm on CFW I guess that kills both of them), Pursuit Force any good?

Goldrusher said:
Those are very good games.

Unfortunately that also means chances are high you already own (some of) them.

yup. & it ain't like sony don't know this :) . i'm thinking, were this effort truly sincere, 'one free anything' would've been far preferable to this...

Woffls

Cool, I'll get Infamous and Wipeout. I don't much care for any Sony franchises, but it's better than nothing!

jogarrr

Infamous + LBP PSP + ModNation PSP
This worked out well.

Err, just realized to op is for EU. Hopefully US is similar.

lifa-cobex

AlphaTwo00 said:
* LittleBigPlanet
* Infamous*
* Wipeout HD/Fury
* Dead Nation*

Well FUCK. Own all of them.

Same except for Ratchet and Clank :/

Great list of games though if you don't already own them.
Add a few more please Sony. *hint free Warhawk DLC.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the US package has Dead Nation and puts some Warkhawk into the mix.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
ToyBroker said:
And if they did nothing you gigantic cry babies would be shouting even more expletives from your ivory towers.

I don't even care about getting any "compensation" for PSN being down, and I can see that this is a limpwrist of an apology.

Sony knows that 95% of PS3 owners already have the games on those lists, with Dead Nation being the only real nice offer. Hell, tons of PS3s were sold with LBP and Infamous packed in.

Of course, Sony is also in a spot because they're losing enough as it is on the PSN reboot. It only makes sense to offer products with no real profitability left, as an apology.

It does make them look insincere about "apologizing" though. In point of fact, it wouldn't look as bad if they had not even made an offer to download any full games at all, rather than a selection that displays a disingenuous generosity.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Wario64 said:

I would be happy with Modnation since I never got around to playing it. Well, I did try the beta but the way the racing felt and the load times kind of turned me off.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RPG_Fanatic said:
Assuming the North America is the same:

* LittleBigPlanet
* Infamous

Two of these, with one being Ratchet and Clank.
Ratchet QFB sucks compared to the other games and you'll be done with it in 2-3 hours and never go back to it again.

Enosh

* Infamous*
YES
FUCK YES

thank you Sony
hell I just wanted to buy it last week, will now put that money towards GoW

will probably get LBP too for my sister ^^
or rachet? idk, what's more fun for a 12 year old?

Loudninja

Kaijima said:
I don't even care about getting any "compensation" for PSN being down, and I can see that this is a limpwrist of an apology.

Sony knows that 95% of PS3 owners already have the games on those lists, with Dead Nation being the only real nice offer. Hell, tons of PS3s were sold with LBP and Infamous packed in.

Of course, Sony is also in a spot because they're losing enough as it is on the PSN reboot. It only makes sense to offer products with no real profitability left, as an apology.

It does make them look insincere about "apologizing" though. In point of fact, it wouldn't look as bad if they had not even made an offer to download any full games at all, rather than a selection that displays a disingenuous generosity.
That make zero sense.

Curufinwe

Kaijima said:
In point of fact, it wouldn't look as bad if they had not even made an offer to download any full games at all, rather than a selection that displays a disingenuous generosity.

That's a not a fact, it's an opinion, and a bizarre one at that. Tons of PS3 owners don't own all the games on the list and will be happy to get two of them for free.

Top Bottom