• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Welcome Back package (All regions revealed) [PS+ Extensions Going Out]

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
If the US gets the same selection I won't mind. The only one of those I own is LittleBigPlanet. I've really wanted to play Wipeout HD.

Shame ive played most of those games, but its far better than i expected. I will get infamous (again) and Dead nation. I can see some being miffed but i think its better than a couple of $10 PSN crappy games. Does the Fact that PSN+ get 60 days extra mean the store will be up around the 20th May as that would about a month since it went down?

Danielsan

Already own four of those games and Dead Nation doesn't interest me.
People who don't own Wipeout HD deserve to brick their PS3's if they don't get it now. Might just be the best PS3 game out there.

That's... pretty awesome.
I borrowed a couple of Ratchet and Clank games from a friend, forgot which ones they are. So I'll take WipeOut HD and either Infamous or Ratchet, depending on what game I borrowed.
Oni Jazar said:
Like I said in the other thread this kind of reward only disappoints the loyal PS3/PSP fan (the person most likely affected by the outage) since they most likely own all those games.

But I guess they'll be the most likely to return anyways...
Anecdotal evidence, sure, but I personally know at least 5 or 6 people that actively use PSN, and none of them have most of these games. So I'm sure they'll be pretty happy.

Zeliard

aidan444 said:
So we only get them for 30 days? Not as good as first thought...

Yeah with Plus anything you buy for free only remains as long as you're on the subscription.

What they've done is a sneaky way of using this disaster to gain (potentially a lot) more recurring PS Plus subscribers.

zomgbbqftw said:
30 days of free stuff? You keep any discounted items anyway so it's a free month of discounts at least, even if you don't get to keep the free stuff.
Yeah I should have read the OP more closely.

That's pretty disappointing; those 'freebies' are titles that most people already own, and you still have to pay to get discounts with Plus.

I don't even care too much, it's just a weak attempt at trying to win back affection.

Zeliard said:
Yeah with Plus anything you buy for free only remains as long as you're on the subscription.

What they've done is a sneaky way of using this disaster to gain (potentially a lot) more recurring PS Plus subscribers.
Yep.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hmmm, defo inFAMOUS and possibly Dead Nation (only possibly, because I've heard bad things about its checkpoint system) or Little Big Planet (again), unless...

I'll likely be getting the two PSP freebies as well, so can anyone tell me how Little Big Planet PSP interacts with the PS3 version? Thanks.

Also, here's hoping SCEA offers some different games, if they offer any at all - they haven't actually said whether they will yet, have they? I'm confident Japan will get freebies, but with SCEA you never know...

ToyBroker

Banned
Toki767 said:
Seriously I have all of those already.

Poor you. Guess you'll have to settle for whatever free games come during your free month of +.

I'd recommend Dead Nation for anyone who hasn't gotten it. It's totally awesome.

Evlar

Banned
I'll be getting Infamous and Dead Nation, I guess. Only two on the PS3 list I don't own.

On the PSP side... I don't own any. I'll get LBP and...

dejan

This is pretty cool, I'll take Little Big Planet and Wipeout, please. Too bad I never registered an account for my PSP.

Zoibie

Zeliard said:

These free games here are separate from PS+

ToyBroker

Banned
Mechanical Snowman said:
Yeah I should have read the OP more closely.

That's pretty disappointing; those 'freebies' are titles that most people already own, and you still have to pay to get discounts with Plus.

I don't even care too much, it's just a weak attempt at trying to win back affection.

Yep.

And if they did nothing you gigantic cry babies would be shouting even more expletives from your ivory towers.

I live in the US but have a European account (and others) for downloading region specific demos and things. Could I still use those accounts to claim these games? The wording of that release makes it seem like I could.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I guess that's a kickass list if you've just bought a ps3 and haven't played anything. That being said, I don't have Wipeout and Dead Nation yet, so the choice is easy for me.

DiscoJer

Pursuit Force? That was a launch title, or close to it. November 2005 it came out.

They should have offered HSG2 or HST instead. Or Jeanne d'Arc. Or at least a Wipeout.

And I guess they had to pass because it was M rated, but most people have completely missed out on how awesome the PSP Syphon Filters are. Giving them away could correct this. But they are pretty much a hard M, if only for the tutorial sequence in the first one...

I hope we get different PSP games in the US, the only one on the list I don't have is Modnation, and that's because I don't want it.

SykoTech

Should have went with any other PS3 Ratchet other than Quest for Booty. Really short and uncreative for the series. Oh well, inFamous get!

Lince

Banned
already own all of them, they're really good games and basic stuff for your PS3 collection, good move by Sony but hardcore players will be in my same situation. Can I gift them to someone else? I would recommend Infamous and Dead Nation.

Top Bottom