• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Armored Core 6's PS4 Version Locks at 60 FPS in PS4 Pro Settings on PS5 (Smoother than Native)

Fbh

From the videos I've seen the regular Ps5 version seems to mostly stay in the 55-60fps range though, which should look fine with VRR.
It's not like Elden Ring where it's constantly dropping to the mid 40's.

But I guess it's still good to have the option

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It is same engine....so situation is same :)

The difference is that the last gen versions have a cap at 30 FPS, they don't run unlocked. So the game actively knows its on a PS5 and runs a bespoke 60 FPS mode. ER was unlocked on all consoles.

The difference is that the last gen versions have a cap at 30 FPS, they don't run unlocked. So the game actively knows its on a PS5 and runs a bespoke 60 FPS mode. ER was unlocked on all consoles.
From's games are always unlocked for PS4 Pro version, DS3, Sekiro, Elden Ring, and now AC6.

adamsapple

From's games are always unlocked for PS4 Pro version, DS3, Sekiro, Elden Ring, and now AC6.

NXG only covered the base console versions in his video, he said that those have a 30 FPS lock, maybe the midgen ones are unlocked.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
hmm but with lower resolution and visual quality. i think i still prefer the ps5 ver since im ok with ER PS5 ver anyway

Fbh

Another FROM games comes and once again with people crying over difficulty and over graphics.

Its about performance more than graphics. And in a fast paced game it can directly affect gameplay.

But people are exaggerating way too much. From every video I've seen the game seems to run at like 55-60fps most of the time (outside cutscenes)
Some comments here make it sound like it's running at 35 fps on ps5

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Its about performance more than graphics. And in a fast paced game it can directly affect gameplay.

But people are exaggerating way too much. From every video I've seen the game seems to run at like 55-60fps most of the time (outside cutscenes)
Some comments here make it sound like it's running at 35 fps on ps5
I’m currently playing the game and it’s pretty damn solid when it comes to performance, more than any other FROM’s pervious games.

Last edited:

Fbh

I’m currently playing the game and it’s pretty damn solid when it comes to performance, more than any other FROM’s pervious games.

Definitely the best performing FROM game so far.
Also the 55-60fps range won't bother most people, I'd argue those with a VRR screen won't even notice

I have been playing it maxed out on PC and i honestly dont see why the consoles can lock this to 60. It looks decent but the textures of the environments seem very mid. Its probably that compiler or lack there of once again.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

I was planning to buy the game tomorrow for PS5, sounds like PS4 is the way to go? But aren’t you sacrificing some next gen image quality and resolution for the strictly stable 60 fps?

I don’t really care if the game goes between 55 and 60 cause I have a VRR TV.
If you buy the PS4 disc, you can download the PS5 version as well for free, so you have both options.

Bojji

I was planning to buy the game tomorrow for PS5, sounds like PS4 is the way to go? But aren’t you sacrificing some next gen image quality and resolution for the strictly stable 60 fps?

I don’t really care if the game goes between 55 and 60 cause I have a VRR TV.

With VRR it should be great. But for non VRR tv owners PS4 version will be better.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Yah its dipping into 30fps territory on PS5.

When I complete some of my games I'll buy it on Steam with 120fps

Tsaki

Every game needs lower resolution 60fps

Tired of this shit
It does have performance mode and it stays to 60 most of time with drops to mid 50s.

Yah its dipping into 30fps territory on PS5.

When I complete some of my games I'll buy it on Steam with 120fps

This is with 4K output. The performance mode seems pretty performant, definitely better than ER. Having the option to play the PS4 Pro build doesn't hurt I guess.
Do From games even have unlocked framerate past 60? I remember this being a complaint with Elden Ring or something.

Last edited:

digdug2

It's pretty disappointing that 2 From Soft games in a row run better via backward compatibility than they do in their current gen forms. You'd think that with all that Elden Ring money that they would hire at least one or two optimization wizards.

Like Beer Baelly Beer Baelly , I'm playing on Xbox with VRR, so I haven't encountered any slowdown, frame pacing issues, etc. though.

SABRE220

Yeah fk that no excuses, this is plain lazy incompetence. They legit dont give a shit because they will never be called out by anyone since they are a media/player darling. Its been 2 years and they didnt even bother to fix the most basic easy shit in their engine and launched a second game in the exact same state.

They need to be called out for this shit or we will get this for the whole generation.

From the videos I've seen the regular Ps5 version seems to mostly stay in the 55-60fps range though, which should look fine with VRR.
It's not like Elden Ring where it's constantly dropping to the mid 40's.

But I guess it's still good to have the option
Yes it's almost always in the VRR range (>48fps) during gameplay (performance mode, quality mode is native 4K). But playing the PS4 version could be interesting with people not having VRR TVs.

Last edited:

chaseroni

After playing exclusively the PS4 Pro version on PS5 I can tell you that it is NOT locked to 60 that way.

Frequent dips during big fights...

I guess it's possible my launch PS5 is having issues but I doubt it.

adamsapple

Haven't noticed anything on the XSX. But I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't see anything wrong with 30fps.

Most of the drops on PS5/SX are within VRR range, so if you're playing on a VRR display, that's likely helping out.

Stuart360

It doesnt matter to me as i'm on PC but really console games should always come with an 'unlocked' mode, if only for the fact you will be able to play the games at 60+fps on the nexct batch of consoles.

Top Bottom