• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

--PS5 reportedly struggling with Resident Evil 8: can barely run it at 1080p/60

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryDEATH

The most powerful 1080P system ever. What a absolute shit show no wonder they are trying to buy up marketing and DLC rights everywhere to force developers to gimp the Xbox version.

What ever happened with the system being easier to be develop for and with the SSD that will revolutionize gaming as we know it.

Kdad

Inside sources tell me that it's running 8K 240FPS stable on Ouya 2.

I am also
tenor.gif
By Ouya 2 do you mean the new Atari?

Dodkrake

Banned
This goes to show how a mod from a forum can stir shit. He dropped this, then said it's referring to a demo from several months ago (probably pre-alpha going by the estimated release date) and suddenly it's news.

Edit: and of course this is being shared by the discord FUD machine. Guys: I've seen gameplay at 4k 60fps on the PS5 with ray tracing. I'm yet to see next gen gameplay on the series X. That's all.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It’s weird how PlayStation attracts so much of this. Gets people to try and spread lies. I bet in his mind he was just “evening things”.

Its the tribe mentality.

PS fans always try to find something to hate about Xbox.
Xbox fans always try to find something to hate about PS.

I dont fully understand why? Its like someone elses happiness somehow hurts people.

Not a problem the Tencent Box is on the way soon, both MS and PS fans will have something to unite against....even if we will lose cuz its entire line up of Gacha games will get the general populous addicted to it and we the core gamers will be left in the dust.

Aladin

tryDEATH tryDEATH ML learning is done by developer. Its learned software which upscales images.
Death Stranding does 1080p30fps (performance) and 1440p30fps (quality, fps drops below 30 at times).
So this game could be targetting something similar to that 1080p60fps and 1440p60fps. I believe what this insider guy is trying to say. But i think its development hiccups.

Last edited:

PSYGN

Not hard to believe if true. It's easier to push out higher graphics out of the box with XSX, you'd be dumb to disagree. Now the devs are having to find ways around the limitations of the PS5. I'm sure in the end they will look the same to the average consumer.

oldergamer

oh sheeet, PS5 weaker than PS4 confirmed.......

Yea this insider is full of shit...

while, it is 100% possible that the game is having trouble on PS5, he states that game runs perfectly on XboxX .. which is horse shit as none of the games at July 23 where running on xbox series x.. they were running on PC.

Meaning, if a studio as close to MS as 343i is "supposed" to be are ...lets say "not up to speed" ... surely Capcom isn't either....
Your argument makes no sense.

oldergamer

Bullshit unless XSX version runs barely above 1080p too.

Math: XSX is 20-30% (worst case scenario that probably isn't true) faster than PS5 in GPU power:

1920x1080 - 2 073 600 pixels
2560x1440 - 3 686 400 pixes

XSX would need ~78% more GPU power to run this game in 1440p even...
It depends what the issue is or where the bottlenecks are. You can't make blanket statements like that unless you know for a fact exactly what they are doing. For all we know this is due to the lower number of shaders on ps5. Who knows.

Also despite sony fans claiming tflops dont matter, how is it you fall back on your "max 30%" difference?

Last edited:
Not hard to believe if true. It's easier to push out higher graphics out of the box with XSX, you'd be dumb to disagree. Now the devs are having to find ways around the limitations of the PS5. I'm sure in the end they will look the same to the average consumer.

No, you are dumb when making statements like that from currently known specs.

Unless you are experienced dev with both dev kits, that is retarded bullshit.

Like 18-20% GPU difference would make it run perfectly 4k on xsex and not even 1080p on ps5

After first year we will see if either pulls out "secret sauce", by better tools/api/customizations etc.

But at the moment both have so similar specs that if one can run it, both can. (Unless there is huge problem on devkits etc, and most sources state that ps5 is easy to dev to).

So, this "insider" probably is just sad biased xbox fanboy of being jealous of Playstation brand popularity

Last edited:

Aladin

Ps4 pro runs death stranding in 1080p 30fps in performance mode. And Ps5 is roughly 3 times as powerful as ps4 pro. I am not surprised at next gen AAA games being 1080p 60 fps upscaled. This insider makes lot of sense. But, I dont think XsX will be running this game at native 4k.

Last edited:

Aladin

I was making a reference to what Dusk Golem was saying.

PS5: 1080P 60FPs
XSX: 4K 60FPs

I don't think the difference will be that big between the two systems. We have to wait and see what happens.
It is a typo, game is probably 1080p60fps locked performance mode.

Roberts

If true, I'm pretty sure they will fix it by the time it comes out. To be honest, this gossip is a bit fascinating for a slightly different reason - as far as I remember pretty much every RE engine game initially performed worse on X than Pro. Pretty much the only engine that did that.

Calverz

Gold Member
This goes to show how a mod from a forum can stir shit. He dropped this, then said it's referring to a demo from several months ago (probably pre-alpha going by the estimated release date) and suddenly it's news.

Edit: and of course this is being shared by the discord FUD machine. Guys: I've seen gameplay at 4k 60fps on the PS5 with ray tracing. I'm yet to see next gen gameplay on the series X. That's all.
The bigger story isnt the RE8 running at 1080p or whatever, its the effective confirmation that the xsx is substantially more powerful than the ps5. Probably more than people initially anticipated.

Krisprolls

Banned
I imagine it will be fine for when it comes out plenty of time for refinement

Besides that well isnt it expected that Multi plats will generally perform better on the Series X? It has a performance advantage

Mathematics works like that

Lol no. It will be extremely close.

Its not even sure one console has an advantage, but if so it will be really small, not 4k vs 1080p.

More like both 4k60 with one 2160p native and the other 1800p reconstructed (checkerboard).

Basically you won't see anything different on multiplatfotm games unless you freeze the game and counts pixels while zooming like DF does.

As usual, 1st party will be far superior on PS5 though and they'll look a lot better than anything on XSX, but it's due to budget and talent, more than to the platform itself.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Can't listen to whatever those "insiders" say, they just look like attetion whores to me.

Console isn't out. Game isn't out. Why bother? Wait till they are and judge then by yourself.

AceofJakes

His comments are from a few months back and the games at least a year away.

If this was cropping up 3 months before release then I'd be worried. Super strange seeing as RE2/3 both looked and ran fine on my base PS4.

Krisprolls

Banned
i said this month ago ,ps5 will not run many games at 4k native ,everyone called me a fanboy

They still call you a fanboy.

PS5 is powerful enough to have tons of 4k60 native games, but like on PC (see DLSS), power is usually better used elsewhere to get a better pic.

Dodkrake

Banned
The bigger story isnt the RE8 running at 1080p or whatever, its the effective confirmation that the xsx is substantially more powerful than the ps5. Probably more than people initially anticipated.

The bigger story isn't that the XSX is substantially more powerful than the PS5 ir whatever you think, it's the effective confirmation that people like you need to grow a brain.

A game developed for the PC being more easily ported to the XSX is not confirmation that the latter is more powerful, its confirmation that it needs more work on the PS, as it always did. I won't go around in a tangent explaining why that is, but it involves APIs and some knowledge in game dev.

If you expect a substantial difference in the final product, I'll have this for you: 15% higher resolution. That's all.

Edit: and you must be forgetting that the ps5 trailer was in native 4k, not 1080p.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It's the perfect insider scoop. BREAKING NEWS: RE VIII runs perfectly on the Series X and very bad on the PS5. If that's not the case when the game launches is because they fixed it during development. You've got to laugh your ass off at this shit.

I'm wondering if the reverse is happening in Japan... Are there random guys on Japanese gaming forums posting things like "I've friends working in the industry and they're telling me that Electronic Arts have had tons of trouble getting Frostbite to run well on Xbox Series X because the development libraries are so buggy and the documentation is a work in progress. Early builds of Battlefield VI crash all of the time but my educated guess is that EA will solve those problems in time to even support raytracing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom