• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 has sold 10 million consoles

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Those are shipped to retail numbers too by Microsoft too whilst Sony’s is sold to customers, Sony next quarterly review we will find out the shipped to retail numbers.
You mean sold to scalpers? Lol

Seriously though. They are all sold and will be for some time.

ArcaneNLSC

how they even manage to ship that many with all the supply issues and the pandemic?
Shia Labeouf Reaction GIF

It's a marathon, not a sprint ;)

Regardless, congrats to Sony and PS5 on the milestone. Looking forward to getting one for myself either late this year, or early 2022. I just don't have time to play ro-sham-bo waiting on drops all day for these consoles xD.

Where are you based? The UK, US or Canada?

I used a retail stock tracker website that emailed me when stores in Canada get stock. Got my email at 2am one fateful morning while I was still up doing... well, that's not important. But I jumped on it and two weeks later I was a very happy PS5 owner enjoying 120Hz crucible gameplay in Destiny 2.

VAVA Mk2

Don Mattrick is fuming

He doesn't care. He nearly sank the XBox ship and then went to Zynga to kill their business.

tDFQQOq.gif

yazenov

Remember all those post about PS4 being a success because the competition was weak? MS shot themselves in the foot and the Wii U was a flop, ect...

But but this time it will be different because the competition is better. Game pass is the best value in gaming and will disrupt the market and so forth. Yeah, that didn't age well.

PS5 is selling better than the PS4 even with "stronger competition" and at a higher price point.

Last edited:

Stuart360

:messenger_grinning_smiling: that's not shitposting it's same as xbox one digital edition blu-ray drive doesn't affect game experience while XSS does. you shit defending MS right now, better tell me how many XSX are sold.
You are stupid. Having 2 consoles doesnt mean you get double sales.
Xbox Series has 2 versions at different prices. PS5 has 2 versions at different prices. Consumrs will pick which version they want. They dont buy both consoles.
Did we have seperate sales numbers for XB1/OneX and PS5/PS4 Pro?, of couse not.
Wake up.

Greggy

Remember all those post about PS4 being a success because the competition was weak? MS shot themselves in the foot and the Wii U was a flop, ect...

But but this time it will be different because the competition is better. Game pass is the best value in gaming and will disrupt the market and so forth. Yeah, that didn't age well.

PS5 is selling better than the PS4 even with "stronger competition" and at a higher price point.
Dude. All console manufacturers are selling more than ever. That includes Nintendo, MS and Sony. A reasonable gamer would be happy that the industry is healthy but some people just have to take the success of their device of choice to bed like it’s their wife.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yet Sony leaning more and more towards PC which is stupid on multiple levels and pushing people more and more towards your direct competitor.

Darius87

You are stupid. Having 2 consoles doesnt mean you get double sales.
Xbox Series has 2 versions at different prices. PS5 has 2 versions at different prices. Consumrs will pick which version they want. They dont buy both consoles.
Did we have seperate sales numbers for XB1/OneX and PS5/PS4 Pro?, of couse not.
Wake up.
actually sony does both ways but MS won't do both ways, stupid.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Regardless, congrats to Sony and PS5 on the milestone. Looking forward to getting one for myself either late this year, or early 2022. I just don't have time to play ro-sham-bo waiting on drops all day for these consoles xD.
So you don't even have one and yet you were all over this board complaining about the PS5 upgrade of Ghost of Tsushima, even making threads and polls about it with your fake outrage 🤣

Looking back it's miracle i managed to get one in January for recomended price as they still sell out in minutes when new shipment arrives

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Yet Sony leaning more and more towards PC which is stupid on multiple levels and pushing people more and more towards your direct competitor.
If your direct competitor releases everything on PC and Sony still puts console gamers 1st then it's a win win for Sony

More money for bigger and better PS5 exclusives

Last edited:
Looking back it's miracle i managed to get one in January for recomended price as they still sell out in minutes when new shipment arrives

dont know how i managed either. the page was glitching and all sorts of shit but somehow i managed to scrape an order through. its crazy that it sold 10m already when you literally have to go out of your way just to get one. if it was readily available they could have doubled that 10m easily.

Calverz

Lmao we aren’t even a year in and you think this worries MS?? 🤣🤣

Lmao we aren’t even a year in and you think this worries MS?? 🤣🤣

microsoft are irrelevant to sony. xbox is small potatoes compared to playstation. 4 generations in and they still havent been the top dog even once. sony managed it on their first damn try and broke the record for systems sold! like i said... small potatoes. there is no competition. PS wins before the generation even starts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom