• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 has sold 10 million consoles

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
7Hz2QhL.jpg

RCU005

I’m before: “But more than half of them are sitting in scalpers’ basements” LOL

I wonder how sales would be if there wasn’t a Pandemic, or even better, if the pandemic was over. I actually think that the demand wouldn’t be as high if the Pandemic didn’t happen, but if the pandemic was over and people could get out to stores to buy the console, probably the demand would be even higher.

I don't have time for that crap, that is stupid how we still have to follow some moron on Twitter or some bot on Discord just to tell us the PS5 will be out of stock by the moment you even attempt to try and get one. Like I said when I can go to Walmart at 12 AM and pick up a PS5 then I would say. Wow, the PS5 is selling so much because I got one
You could always pre-order and be on a waiting list. I mean, they sell as many as they can produce so what more can be done?

Dude if horizon 2 and gow started the developing a bit later they would not come out before 2022-2023 and you can do the math about how many ps5 sony is gonna sold in another 1-2 year, 10 milions is a fake number but it's already a big number.

Do you believe that Sony won't make PS5 exclusive games?

Kokoloko85

First to 10 million wins, right?
Did the Wii win?

Umm Yes if you count the Wii as the same console generation as the 360 and PS3

( Which I dont lol, thats when Nintendo went away and did there own thing from then onwards, Wii, Wii U and Switch are not competition to PS3/PS4/PS5 - 360/X1/XBseries S-X. It was at least half the price of the competition and half the technical power too)

But 360 got to 10 million before PS3 and the PS3 ended up selling just a bit more even though the 360 was on the market 1 year before the PS3

mejin

giphy.gif

For the first 3 quarters:

-PS5: + 10.2 million
-PS4 : 10.2 million
-Wii : 9.27 million
-Switch : 7.63 million
-3DS : 6.68 million
-Xbox Series X+S : 6.5 million
-Xbox One : 5.7 million
-Xbox 360 : 5 millions
-PS3 : 4.32 million
-Wii U : 3.61 million
giphy.gif

For the first 3 quarters:

-PS5: + 10.2 million
-PS4 : 10.2 million
-Wii : 9.27 million
-Switch : 7.63 million
-3DS : 6.68 million
-Xbox Series X+S : 6.5 million
-Xbox One : 5.7 million
-Xbox 360 : 5 millions
-PS3 : 4.32 million
-Wii U : 3.61 million

Playstation numbers are sold through, Xbox are shipped numbers.

GymWolf

Do you believe that Sony won't make PS5 exclusive games?
No, but 3 of their biggest titles are already crossgen and that piss me off greatly, and we don't know how many are gonna be in the end, for what we know, spidey 2 and tsushima 2 are both crossgen until they say otherwise, with fucking jimbo you never know.

No offense but stuff like gt7, horizon and gow sequel are severe order of magnitude more important than any returnal, demons remake or ratchet game so for now we can officially say that the biggest games from sony are ALL crossgen, you can be good about it, but some of us bought the ps5 to have fully nextgen experiences.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
I’m before: “But more than half of them are sitting in scalpers’ basements” LOL

I wonder how sales would be if there wasn’t a Pandemic, or even better, if the pandemic was over. I actually think that the demand wouldn’t be as high if the Pandemic didn’t happen, but if the pandemic was over and people could get out to stores to buy the console, probably the demand would be even higher.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if a good 100,000 are actually sitting in scalper basements though. There are loads on Japanese reseller sites here and Japan probably didn't get a great supply as it is.

Scalper prices are slowly but surely coming down, but not quite close enough to retail price that scalpers will give up. My worry is that this whole automated bot scalping thing is going to be the new normal from now on, regardless of how many units are produced, COVID or no COVID. Part of the problem is that the people who scalp them have little/zero risk. As long as they're unopened they can just return them within a certain time frame for a full refund.

Would be cool if retailers could implement policies like "this product is designated as a high-risk reseller item. We will not be accepting returns/refunds on these items except for device defects". They probably can't do it because of consumer protection laws but it's still annoying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom