• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 DualSense Edge Controller Unboxing

Cyborg

I just want to know if I can replace the battery with this

Nevermind, video doesn't work but it's about the PAXO battery

Last edited:
6,5 hours playtime. What a joke.
qRv3l3d.gif

Mr Moose

Remember: Sony knows that the controllers have huge stick drift issues and their "solution" to this problem is to sell you replaceable analogue sticks.
Did they not fix that with their updated controller? my OG white controller has it sometimes so I just use it for PC. My red updated one doesn't, thankfully.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
6,5 hours playtime. What a joke.
qRv3l3d.gif
Yeah and my friend has been playing a lot with his and he said sometimes a little over 4 hours depending on the game.

Did they not fix that with their updated controller? my OG white controller has it sometimes so I just use it for PC. My red updated one doesn't, thankfully.
Yeah their solution is to charge you $20 to plug in another module thats going to get drift again as well

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

Yeah and my friend has been playing a lot with his and he said sometimes a little over 4 hours depending on the game.

Yeah their solution is to charge you $20 to plug in another module thats going to get drift again as well

Season 3 Whatever GIF by The Office

Hopefully 3rd parties bring the heat with materials that will last. Going through these controllers, every generation, they become more complex and more tech heavy, especially PlayStation controllers.

I see many small parts that are becoming more intricate as we move along.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The DualSense Edge controller puts its customization front and center with its slick software and intuitive Function buttons, finally giving PlayStation owners an answer to the venerated Xbox Elite.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I love the controller but take an easy on the buttons why would I need that many?
Personally on the Elite I map controls for mainly shooter games so I don't have to take my thumbs off the sticks like reload and crouch and pulling out my secondary weapon.

My friend who has had his Edge controller a few days now loves the back paddles for manually shifting gears in GT7 if you want to use a controller for that game

I wish the Edge would have had 4 back buttons

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always wipe down my controllers with those cleaning wipes made for glasses, lenses and electronics every few days. Same with the headset. 🤷‍♀️

Everything stays squeaky clean and feeling brand new.

The Walking Dead Easy Peasy GIF

Last edited:

Aenima

Top Bottom