• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus for March leaked by Playstation NL: FF VII: Remake (No free PS5 Upgrade!) , Farpoint (VR), & Remnant from the Ashes for PS4, Marquette for PS5

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I'm not understanding.

I never had FF7R on my PS4. I have a PS5 now and FF7R is available to download. What will I be missing if I never bought the game?

Next up, ps+ games are missing the last level because it costs money to make games
The model final fantasy did is perfectly fine. If you bought the game you get a completely free upgrade, if you got it for free you don't. If they didn't do it that way, I doubt it would have ever been on ps plus at all. I'm saying this as someone who just got it off the ps plus recently anf never bought it before.
This time it's not a company being greedy, it's people being entitled.

LMJ

I'm not understanding.

I never had FF7R on my PS4. I have a PS5 now and FF7R is available to download. What will I be missing if I never bought the game?

The PS5 updates of Intergrade and the ability to play the DLC

Improvements for the V are
Textures
Lighting
Resolution/framerate
Loadtimes
Classic normal mode
And free upgrade WITH purchase, same game as the 4... just prettier faster and DLC on the V

IOW
Buy the game on the V get all I mentioned above, or DL it on Plus and get the standard game (still great) but sans upgrade option

Last edited:

Shmunter

The model final fantasy did is perfectly fine. If you bought the game you get a completely free upgrade, if you got it for free you don't. If they didn't do it that way, I doubt it would have ever been on ps plus at all. I'm saying this as someone who just got it off the ps plus recently anf never bought it before.
This time it's not a company being greedy, it's people being entitled.

I have the game on Disc btw.

Ps+ Has always been about giving you a copy of a game to own as long as you’re a member. Now we have an example of ps+ giving a different experience to the retail game.

It’s over a decade of set expectation that is the entitlement, not AN entitlement. This seemingly cannot be depended on going forward.

Shallow of thought, to not see a paradigm shift in front of ones nose.

Ar¢tos

Ps+ Has always been about giving you a copy of a game to own as long as you’re a member. Now we have an example of ps+ giving a different experience to the retail game.

It’s over a decade of set expectation that is the entitlement, not AN entitlement. This seemingly cannot be depended on going forward.

The ps5 offer this month is Maquette.
FF7R is one of the ps4 offers.
For all we know it was Square Enix that blocked the ps5 update on ps+, since they are the main ones profiting from the sale of an upgrade/ps5 version.
Sony giving the ps5 update would be in their interest since it would increase the value of the ps+ offering.

mortal

Gold Member
PSN+ costs 60 $ per year vs gamepass 180 so ....
I don't believe I've ever paid $60 for PS+.
I just re-up with discounts for half that price every November.

Also the amount of PS+ subscription deals happening throughout the year, it makes very little sense to ever pay $60 for a 12 month sub imo.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

graywolf323

At least you can pay $20 for the upgrade....the Sony way just reeks of a cash grab
what are you talking about? there's no $20 upgrade for Control

I just check on my Xbox Series X, there's the regular last-gen only version on Game Pass or you can BUY the Ultimate Edition for $40

which is exactly what's going on with FFVII Remake... (except the price of the full game for next gen is cheaper since Control didn't get as much work done on it for the next gen version)

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Maquette was a bit shit, unfortunately.

Nice concept, but not executed all that well, with grating performances, cringeworthy dialogue and very short. Shame.

Indyblue

Started up ff7r and, having only really played ff13 before, I’m blown away. Gorgeous game with a fun combat system. Looking forward to delving deeper.

On a side note, I was able to download this game because I finally got good internet! Shout out to T-Mobile home internet for breaking me free of my 3mbps dsl. I can finally go back and download some of these huge ps+ games I’ve been accumulating over the years. Still gonna try Starlink though, if I get the chance. I’m just super happy about it.

I don't believe I've ever paid $60 for PS+.
I just re-up with discounts for half that price every November.

Also the amount of PS+ subscription deals happening throughout the year, it makes very little sense to ever pay $60 for a 12 month sub imo.

There are deals for both.

engstra

what are you talking about? there's no $20 upgrade for Control

I just check on my Xbox Series X, there's the regular last-gen only version on Game Pass or you can BUY the Ultimate Edition for $40

which is exactly what's going on with FFVII Remake... (except the price of the full game for next gen is cheaper since Control didn't get as much work done on it for the next gen version)
We simply just don't know at this stage as Square Enix haven't addressed if there will be a paid upgrade path or if people will have to buy Intergrade. Whatever happens we've still gotten FFVIIR as part of the ps+ offering which is pretty damn good.

Shmunter

The ps5 offer this month is Maquette.
FF7R is one of the ps4 offers.
For all we know it was Square Enix that blocked the ps5 update on ps+, since they are the main ones profiting from the sale of an upgrade/ps5 version.
Sony giving the ps5 update would be in their interest since it would increase the value of the ps+ offering.
PS5 as far as I’ve understood is a PS4 machine also. Begs to reason, having rights to the PS4 version on a PS5 should afford you PS5 rights also. It’s fragmented.

Ok but would you rather this or the game not going up on ps plus at all? It's literally free, why should anyone have to give you a free game and then also give you the free remake of the game if you never bought the first one? Compromises have to be made, this isn't a charity.
I got the game for free now so I'm happy with the results. If I don't get the remaster then so be it that's a fair price to pay. The fact that they give it free to anyone who bought the game makes it pretty fair.
Ps plus used to be so hit or miss where they'd give us bad games consistently, if the new shift is that they'll give us really good big games for free but we don't get the remaster for free I'm perfectly fine with that shift.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Ok but would you rather this or the game not going up on ps plus at all? It's literally free, why should anyone have to give you a free game and then also give you the free remake of the game if you never bought the first one? Compromises have to be made, this isn't a charity.
I got the game for free now so I'm happy with the results. If I don't get the remaster then so be it that's a fair price to pay. The fact that they give it free to anyone who bought the game makes it pretty fair.
Ps plus used to be so hit or miss where they'd give us bad games consistently, if the new shift is that they'll give us really good big games for free but we don't get the remaster for free I'm perfectly fine with that shift.
No I don’t agree with any trade offs. Put it on ps+ Like you mean it, or fuck of till you can.

A.Romero

I started playing last night and I'm enjoying the game. It looks way better than I expected. Sometimes I forget what the PS4 is capable of in the hands of competent developers and a huge budget.

My plan was waiting for a PC release so I don't really care if it's not upgradeable. I'm sure the other version will be eventually available in PS5 as part of Plus as well.

No I don’t agree with any trade offs. Put it on ps+ Like you mean it, or fuck of till you can.
What does "like you mean it" even mean lol. Plenty of people are happy to get it free without the upgrade why is everyone who got it free entitled to the free upgrade that they worked on? It's free for anyone who purchased it so it's not super anti consumer. There's no real reason to get angry at this.
If they just fucked off a lot of people would never get to play the game, is that preferable?

bender

What time is it?
I finished Remnant co-op with a buddy. A few of the boss encounters are the highlights which work a lot like miniature versions of WoW RAIDs. It's mostly just an okay game and the visual presentation is dreadful (it reminds me of the overly brown level designs of the PS3/X360 era).

We simply just don't know at this stage as Square Enix haven't addressed if there will be a paid upgrade path or if people will have to buy Intergrade. Whatever happens we've still gotten FFVIIR as part of the ps+ offering which is pretty damn good.
Then come the issue if they stop subbing to ps plus and purchase the interlute

Shmunter

What does "like you mean it" even mean lol. Plenty of people are happy to get it free without the upgrade why is everyone who got it free entitled to the free upgrade that they worked on? It's free for anyone who purchased it so it's not super anti consumer. There's no real reason to get angry at this.
If they just fucked off a lot of people would never get to play the game, is that preferable?
No I don't believe in short term gratification over potentially long lasting policy changes that point towards the negative. I've said all there is to say previously. Now excuse me, my dance card is full.

engstra

Then come the issue if they stop subbing to ps plus and purchase the interlute
What do you mean here? If you resub you still have the game. Now if having the ps+ version blocks you from purchasing interlude that's another question. If there's no digital upgrade path for a fee, like Control where people had to purchase Ultimate Edition that sucks but is up to the developer/publisher. From my perspective I got a free copy of FFVII which is great. I had no real interest in playing it but might give it a go and if I enjoy it and there's a way to upgrade for a small fee I might consider it.

Top Bottom