• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake PS Plus game will be free upgrade to PS5 this Wednesday

I got it on PS+ and finished it. Im a huge fan of the original FF7 so i already beated the original many times. Thats why i want to buy the remakes but once the full story is complete.

I did enjoyed revisiting Midgar and its characters in modern graphics, but when the Remake ends is when the original starts getting interesting with the world exploration.

Curious to see how they gona do that in the remakes.
I’m a huge fan of the original too but I actually never finished it. It just was too long for young me. So when I played the remake I loved it but that’s because I completely forgot the original. Once I finished the remake I downloaded the original for my PS5 and was really surprised on how it’s exactly the same as the remake in terms of history and events. I didn’t like that lol, I thought they had changed a lot but they didn’t. So it’s basically the original with newer graphics, thank god I didn’t remember anything or I wouldn’t have liked it.

So I played the original until the part the remake ends, which is about 5 hours in. I’ve decided to finish the remake first instead of the original, so I’m waiting for the second part which seems will be out by 2024.

gela94

this was going to be my approach….bugger.
See you later
Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances
:messenger_winking:

tommib

Got it. This is going to be first the Final Fantasy game I'll actually try... Don't hate me.

It was a bit weird to get the upgrade on the Portuguese store. It only says Game for both versions and you don't know what you're picking. It's like it's bugged or something. Eventually I saw the Download button and got it. This all PS plus upgrade system is broken as hell.

Jebron

Got it. This is going to be first the Final Fantasy game I'll actually try... Don't hate me.

It was a bit weird to get the upgrade on the Portuguese store. It only says Game for both versions and you don't know what you're picking. It's like it's bugged or something. Eventually I saw the Download button and got it. This all PS plus upgrade system is broken as hell.
Still can't figure it out, I've tried everything to claim the upgrade and nothing works. It's baffling how Sony is still fucking this up over and over again.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Still can't figure it out, I've tried everything to claim the upgrade and nothing works. It's baffling how Sony is still fucking this up over and over again.
I saw it right away when I went to "search" for FFVII on PS5. The logo to upgrade was already there.

Is it because you had the CD version too? Try clicking on the ... and then select version or delete your CD version.

Ezekiel_

Banned

Same here on NA store, a drop down list with 2 items named "Game". When I selected the second one, I saw the "Add to Library" button and could add.

PS5 version of the game is downloading now.

That'll be my holidays game ☺️

Jebron

Same here on NA store, a drop down list with 2 items named "Game". When I selected the second one, I saw the "Add to Library" button and could add.

PS5 version of the game is downloading now.

That'll be my holidays game ☺️
This "Game, Game" menu finally was available after I got home from work and I was able to add it to my library. It's honestly embarrassing how confusing this sort of thing is on Sony's platform.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Might try this out now.

I saw it right away when I went to "search" for FFVII on PS5. The logo to upgrade was already there.

Is it because you had the CD version too? Try clicking on the ... and then select version or delete your CD version.

I don't believe there are any PS5 games that come on CD.

decisions

Did the “Game, game” thing.

Still confused though. So the PS5 version you get from this upgrade says it’s a PS5 game titled “FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE”, but I thought the only PS5 version of this game was called Intergrade?

So does this new PS5 version have everything Intergrade added or not? So confusing.

Ezekiel_

Banned
Did the “Game, game” thing.

Still confused though. So the PS5 version you get from this upgrade says it’s a PS5 game titled “FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE”, but I thought the only PS5 version of this game was called Intergrade?

So does this new PS5 version have everything Intergrade added or not? So confusing.
From what I understand :

PS4 version to PS5 upgrade is now free, no matter the PS4 version you have (digital, disk or PS+). The PS5 version has enhanced visuals and a 60 fps mode.

The PS5 intergrade version is just a bundle of the PS5 version base game + Yuffie DLC (also called intermission).

They also sell the Yuffie DLC (intermission) as a stand alone (PS5 only).

So let's say you added to your library the PS4 FF7 PS+ game in March. As of today, you can upgrade that version to the PS5 version. But you don't get the Yuffie DLC (so it's not equivalent to an upgrade to intergrade).

Let's recap :
  • PS4 to PS5 = free for any owner of PS4 FF7
  • FF7 intergrade = PS5 FF7 + Intermission
  • Intermission = Yuffie DLC (PS5 only)

Batiman

Banned
Maybe I’ll give it another shot when I get a ps5. Really didn’t like it while the original is easily in my top 3

Sorry, so Intergrade doesn’t improve the PS5 version of FF7 remake in any graphical way, correct?

It looks pretty good in perf mode, not quite as sharp as I was expecting though.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
According to purple board, if you already did free upgrade to the disc version you already owned, you cant do it to the PS+ version. One upgrade per account.

Last edited:

Traxtech

Yeah nice, have FF7 PS4 physical + PS5 upgrade and the DLC so figured I'd uninstall it and have the same shit but digital. Should have looked online first, this is dumb lol

skit_data

Got the ”Game, Game” thingy as well. I have the FF7R PS4 Demo in my library so it could be that?

Anyway, downloading the PS5 version now. Outside of the slightly slimy way Square made sure people would buy the PS5 version by not offering a free upgrade at first its a damn good game.
Probably the best PS+ game we got in recent years, thinking about it.

Edit: Btw, does this have save transfer from PS4 version?

Last edited:

Spaulding

Got the ”Game, Game” thingy as well. I have the FF7R PS4 Demo in my library so it could be that?

Anyway, downloading the PS5 version now. Outside of the slightly slimy way Square made sure people would buy the PS5 version by not offering a free upgrade at first its a damn good game.
Probably the best PS+ game we got in recent years, thinking about it.

Edit: Btw, does this have save transfer from PS4 version?
Sure does. Start the PS4 version and in the main menu, there's an option to upload your save.
Start the PS5 version and there should be an option to download the PS4 saves.

Top Bottom