• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus for March leaked by Playstation NL: FF VII: Remake (No free PS5 Upgrade!) , Farpoint (VR), & Remnant from the Ashes for PS4, Marquette for PS5

Ar¢tos

Outside of faster loadings, I don't see much point in the upgrade. Exactly the same game with more shiny surfaces.
(but I don't care for graphics, I often find pixel art games more interesting than AAA ones.)

I agree, the Plus games are mostly better than the Gold games since months, but it's still no competition for Game Pass. You get all the Bethesda games, all the Microsoft games. timed deals like Stalker 2 and the 360 games are even playable without Gold.
I don't think you understood my comment. I was comparing PS+ to Game Pass, not GWG. I don't lose access to these PS+ games 6 months to a year later. Yes exclusives are on Game Pass but up until now that isn't saying much. You are talking about things that will happen years down the road. Right now you can't even get all Bethesda games on Game Pass. Timed deals like Stalker 2 are no different than Sony putting brand new games on PS+ day one like Oddworld, Destruction AllStars, Maquette, and more

Zimmy68

Sorry, my bad. Never in my wildest dreams would I think they would do this. Actually check how you own the game before giving you a free update.
I'm shocked that 505 Games didn't pull this stunt with Control Ultimate Edition.

turtlepowa

Banned
I don't think you understood my comment. I was comparing PS+ to Game Pass, not GWG. I don't lose access to these PS+ games 6 months to a year later. Yes exclusives are on Game Pass but up until now that isn't saying much. You are talking about things that will happen years down the road. Right now you can't even get all Bethesda games on Game Pass. Timed deals like Stalker 2 are no different than Sony putting brand new games on PS+ day one like Oddworld, Destruction AllStars, Maquette, and more
My fault, if i hear Game Pass i always think of Game Pass Ultimate, because that's a no brainer and includes Gold. Of coure you don't have all Bethesda games on Game Pass, because the deal is not finished yet. Nothing against those games, but those are not not games that would sell well for 70 bucks like the ultra fast drop on Destruction AllStars showed. Plus and GPU are not even close, but Plus is better than Gold for sure.

THEAP99

Banned
In reality square enix probably doesn't want 48 million people finesse them for a free next gen version of the game

drotahorror

Outside of faster loadings, I don't see much point in the upgrade. Exactly the same game with more shiny surfaces.
(but I don't care for graphics, I often find pixel art games more interesting than AAA ones.)

Why'd you even bother buying the ff7 remake for ps4 then? Could have just stuck with the ps1 version.

engstra

Playstation Plus has been absolutely smashing it since the ps5 launch. With quite few games coming out at the moment, the pool to offer ps5 games on is quite limited so it's been really good games every month so far. Don't really feel like I need to purchase anything new as there's a good chance it'll be on the service. Never picked up Farpoint as it felt the Aim controller was a must but might try it out now. Was always intrigued by Remnant and Marquette looks neat. Never been interested in FF VII but for free I might have a punt at it. Great month, may it long continue.

Kuranghi

So can you download FF7R on PS Plus and then buy the DLC and that will give you the upgrade or will there be a added charge for the PS5 upgrade if you got the game through PS Plus instead of it being free?

TheMan

Maquette looks really unique, I'm down for that
FF7R is a biiig get. I've had it since launch; people who haven't tried this out are in for a treat fo sho
I have remnant on PC but i've been considering buying on PS4 for comfy couch gaming, that will be good.
And farpoint? I didn't play well with that one.

Sony continues to flex this year.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
From a business perspective I think Square could have made way more money charging for the graphics upgrade. Basically bundle the graphics upgrade with Yuffie DLC as a $25/$30 charge. And let people who got the game for free from Plus be eligible for the paid upgrade. They would have the potential to sell $25/$30 upgrade to a massive userbase who got the game for free.

Ar¢tos

Why'd you even bother buying the ff7 remake for ps4 then? Could have just stuck with the ps1 version.
I didn't. I bought the PS1 version when it released. I'll buy the remaster when it's complete and on sales.
I'll probably give part 1 a try, if it really is on ps+.

My fault, if i hear Game Pass i always think of Game Pass Ultimate, because that's a no brainer and includes Gold. Of coure you don't have all Bethesda games on Game Pass, because the deal is not finished yet. Nothing against those games, but those are not not games that would sell well for 70 bucks like the ultra fast drop on Destruction AllStars showed. Plus and GPU are not even close, but Plus is better than Gold for sure.
I highly disagree especially when you factor in the PS Plus collection given to PS5 owners. The free Sony first-party games blow Microsoft's free first-party games on Game Pass away. Both services offer brand-new day 1 indies. It isn't all about quantity. Quality is important and the quality of the games offered on PS+ is astounding. And as I said you NEVER lose access to any game you get on PS+ so long as you have your membership. The only thing I'll always have on Game Pass is the Microsoft exclusives. Anything else is going away at a certain point and I won't be able to play it unless I buy it

they're bringing out the big guns

already played the great VR exclusive Farpoint, also eyeing Maquette - Annapurna is killing with some mind bending great puzzles

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
If any of you start REEEEING it up in here about the Final Fantasy situation I may have to take all your mothers out and show them what a real man looks like, and become your new step father just to slap the hell out of you all.

Just realise I'm better than all of you, in every single way.
-MJF

N30RYU

It's strange the FF7R move, since you can't buy a game if you got it with PS+ unless your subscription expires

turtlepowa

Banned
I highly disagree especially when you factor in the PS Plus collection given to PS5 owners. The free Sony first-party games blow Microsoft's free first-party games on Game Pass away. Both services offer brand-new day 1 indies. It isn't all about quantity. Quality is important and the quality of the games offered on PS+ is astounding. And as I said you NEVER lose access to any game you get on PS+ so long as you have your membership. The only thing I'll always have on Game Pass is the Microsoft exclusives. Anything else is going away at a certain point and I won't be able to play it unless I buy it
I highly agree that we disagree then. For me Game Pass does not exist, only Game Pass Ultimate. So keep in mind that i'm always talking about GPU. If you buy lets say 20 PS exclusives this gen day1, you will pay more than bucks for them. Nothing for GPU subscribers and they also get 4 free games per month that they can keep forever, the 360s also without subscription. And while i agree that Plus mostly has better games its not like the Gold games have zero value. There were some great months too.

I agree, the Plus games are mostly better than the Gold games since months, but it's still no competition for Game Pass. You get all the Bethesda games, all the Microsoft games. timed deals like Stalker 2 and the 360 games are even playable without Gold.

PSN+ costs 60 $ per year vs gamepass 180 so ....

turtlepowa

Banned
PSN+ costs 60 $ per year vs gamepass 180 so ....
Sony and Microsoft prices, but not market prices. Just check some keysites. I paid 35 bucks per year GPU, made 3 years full and bought 3 more for the future. The cheapest price for a year Plus i saw was 40 bucks.

Bartski

Gold Member
Happy to see 3rd party games of this caliber coming via ps+, Sony balancing out game price increase... haven't played FF7R but after SoP I don't really feel like going in at 30fps, this is a very strange move honestly giving away a version that is not upgradable right after the announcement yesterday, perhaps there is a follow up to that coming... I'll keep it on hold in the library until it's clear

FrankWza

State of playstation more like. What a joke! Heres the free game but the inferior version! Worship us!
You should complain about control and control UE while you take a break from photo mode.
I highly agree that we disagree then. For me Game Pass does not exist, only Game Pass Ultimate. So keep in mind that i'm always talking about GPU. If you buy lets say 20 PS exclusives this gen day1, you will pay more than bucks for them. Nothing for GPU subscribers and they also get 4 free games per month that they can keep forever, the 360s also without subscription. And while i agree that Plus mostly has better games its not like the Gold games have zero value. There were some great months too.
that’s not true. Every GPU subscriber pays $15 a month. They all bypass the many, many, many $1 deals and pay full price because it’s an amazing value and can’t wait until the price goes up to subsidize the zeni purchase.

Interfectum

What they are doing with PS+ to try and counter Game Pass is pretty brilliant IMO. I do think FF7R should have just just included the full PS5 upgrade too but if they keep this up all year they will have negated quite a bit of Game Pass' advantage when it comes to gamers wanting to have 'free' shit to play.

Top Bottom