• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Protein powders may be damaging your health (Fox News)

istock-692310474.jpg

I mean I can ditch the powders and go all natural with meat and milk but that 24 grams per scoop is prettttay convenient..

Everything damages your health, nowadays, so It's all about choosing how to die lol
Jokes aside, I regularly take 1 - 3 scoop daily as a vegetarian, ranging from 30 to 90 grams a day, and I eat plenty of other protein sources too, every dairy, legumes etc as well as eggs

Can't be much worse than loads of meat and drugs, no?

I see and hear whey and creatine being demonized from people who smoke like 2-3 packs of cigarettes a day, and drink shitloads of alcool too
I usually take an hard laugh right on their face lol

A whey or casein scoop will kill me, 2-3 cigarette packs absolutely not, right?

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I suppose. But now you 'have to have' that pre-workout just to have a good workout. Is that really a good place to be? I don't know.
90% of America is already there, just replace 'workout' with 'day'. I don't bother with taking specific supplements but I am getting caffeine throughout the day anyway.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I suppose. But now you 'have to have' that pre-workout just to have a good workout. Is that really a good place to be? I don't know.

It's not a good place to be. It's literally the reason why I've never started drinking coffee. At least with this it only affects my workouts that happen 2 or 3 times a week.

Top Bottom