• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seventy Protein Powder Lab Tests: BPI, MHP, Weider, and more fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganmoon

What makes you think you can trust the cottage cheese maker about contents though? I'm sure if they tested cottage cheese you would see 5-10% variation. Some of that will just be testing methodology and some will be natural variation in the product. People get overly hung up on the numbers, between measuring and variability there is probably a +/- of 10% on any figure you recorded for the day in my fitness pal or whatever tracker you use.

+/-10% sure, but there were much larger discrepancies in the test, plus others found some amounts of heavy metals, so I'm not talking solely about the protein content, but what else they put in there.

I'd trust a dairy product from a regulated market more than this unregulated market.

I'm using Jym supplement and before that I would switch from ON and BSN.

I heard Jym is suppose to be high quality but the price is ridiculous. I enjoy the taste though.

You're either using it as a meal replacement or right after a workout (mainly since it's easy and you'll remember to do it as part of a routine, when it might be a while till you clean up and grab something to eat.) Not really complicated.

Will try Cake Batter the next time I pick up some - thnx for the tip. (Using vanilla atm)

I take mine with milk immediately after a workout. The Extreme Milk Chocolate mixes really well with milk (lol almost kind of obvious) My roommate used it with different kinds of recipes with muffins and cookies and they ookaaayy at best.

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing you guys are using it to add to your weight, right? how have the results been? I kind of want to start trying some but my basic fitness has flatlined and I want to do a bit more on that before I start using ON.
don't wanna just end up adding protein to a beer gut instead of upper body.

kirblar

Thanks for the input. I'm guessing you guys are using it to add to your weight, right? how have the results been? I kind of want to start trying some but my basic fitness has flatlined and I want to do a bit more on that before I start using ON.
don't wanna just end up adding protein to a beer gut instead of upper body.
I use it just because I take forever in the steam room/shower/etc after working out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom