• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Krathoon

I like the style of Warrior Within. It is essentially a Heavy Metal Prince of Persia.

The problem is that it is a buggy game. Which version is the least buggy?

I like the time travel in the game. I may use a walkthrough on it to get all the life upgrades.

Feel free to discuss this game that is so bad it's good.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Honestly OP, I feel you. Godsmack is really underrated when you think about it.

crying-laugh.gif

Krathoon

I get the impression the game isn't really taking itself seriously. You have some silly voices on the demons you fight and there are the silly secret weapons.

T-Cake

I started playing this on PS3 but the game has a bug where the Dahaka doesn’t appear and so you can’t continue. I didn’t feel like starting again.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I have the pc version installed and other than audio desync on cut-scenes, the game is perfect. 4k+60+fps...

Krathoon

I have the pc version installed and other than audio desync on cut-scenes, the game is perfect. 4k+60+fps...
Does anything special have to be done with the controller? I know you have to map the buttons when you use an Xbox One controller. The first game had this issue where you couldn't use the left and right triggers at the same time.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Does anything special have to be done with the controller? I know you have to map the buttons when you use an Xbox One controller. The first game had this issue where you couldn't use the left and right triggers at the same time.
I had just to adjust buttons mapping to what I like.

Fahdis

Yeah. It is more of a brawler. All those combos.

Half the time I was looking for ledges and crevices so I could throw the enemies down into the abyss because they were so annoying to fight. This game sucks ass in terms of gameplay, and the Prince sounds like a cow fighting them. It's hard as fuck and even the guides for it are confusing at times. At least Kaileena was modeled after Monica Bellucci (which they butchered in the next game) and we get a peep of Shadi's ass with her Zombie minions.

The story is great though.

SScorpio

Yeah. It is more of a brawler. All those combos.

To be fair the combat in Sands of Time wasn't great. 95% of the time I would just vault over the enemy and hit them a few times in the back, rinse, repeat.

Without all the oozing angst the game would by my favorite of the trilogy. Two Thrones was OK, but the level design wasn't as good as WW.

Krathoon

I learned you have to vault over the enemies and attack them allot. They tend to block your attacks if you attack them directly. You definitely have to vault over those crow guys.

Last edited:

Fahdis

To be fair the combat in Sands of Time wasn't great. 95% of the time I would just vault over the enemy and hit them a few times in the back, rinse, repeat.

Without all the oozing angst the game would by my favorite of the trilogy. Two Thrones was OK, but the level design wasn't as good as WW.

Sands of Time had the best Story, the overall aesthetic and environments were insane for the time, the platform gameplay was top notch, the music and narration was the best thing ever (the Prince was like the first Character to ever talk to himself and Narrate his story with grace unlike idiots mumbling to themselves now all the time)... only the swordplay sucked hard.

Kuranghi

I nearly finished Sands of Time, played a few hours of Warrior Within and maybe 30 mins of The Two Thrones. I dont know why I never stuck with them tbh, just got distracted probably. I was a big fan of the og game back in the day and I really like the platforming.

PoP 2008 is the only one I've been super into, I got every collectible in the whole game and really loved that game. I tried to replay it last last year but I had big technical issues and gave up. Will try again soon.

I like the story and there was some good music in WW. No, i'm not talking about the nickelsmack shit, real ost music. I'll probably get forgotten sands eventually, just to complete the whole SoTarc.

ElCasual

DEATH, DEATH TO EVERYONE WHO STANDS IN MI WAY.
Also that track "at battle with Kaylenna" . Great and fun game

Krathoon

The funny thing is that the prince never dual wields in the game the swords that he is holding on the cover.

Krathoon

It is amazing how old this game is. 2004. Back in the days of Windows XP. I am surprised it runs in Windows 10. You can't skip the cutscenes. It is one of those games.

Still not certain which version of it is the least buggy.

Last edited:

Larxia

It was my favorite one in the trilogy, loved it as a kid though it's been a long time ago so I can't be 100% sure about what I would think about it today.
But my favorite Prince Of Persia game in general is the 2008 reboot, I loved that one and I thought it received unfair criticism, except for the ending DLC thing.

Krathoon

I did also play Warrior Within on an Original XBox a while back. It made me realise how low res an XBox was. Lots of jaggies on the HD TV.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Oddly enough I skipped this one altogether. Can't remember if intentional or not, but Sands of Time and Two Thrones are definitely games I would like to play again one day (whether that actually happens is another story).

I will say I absolutely hated the PoP reboot. Not sure why everybody loves it, but it felt like the beginning of Ubisofts meteroic fall (i.e. Ubisoft as we know them now).

I like the style of Warrior Within. It is essentially a Heavy Metal Prince of Persia.

The problem is that it is a buggy game. Which version is the least buggy?

I like the time travel in the game. I may use a walkthrough on it to get all the life upgrades.

Feel free to discuss this game that is so bad it's good.
Great game but the weakest of the trilogy

Sands of Time was pure magic, while two thrones was the perfect blend between WW and SoT

hlm666

Here's the soundtrack, the biggest problem it has now is doom 2016 soundtrack exists and the guitars arn't tuned low enough (orbit culture exists now)

T-Cake

PoP 2008 is the only one I've been super into, I got every collectible in the whole game and really loved that game. I tried to replay it last last year but I had big technical issues and gave up. Will try again soon.

Have you played it in 4K on PC? It looks really beautiful. The higher resolution makes the artwork really shine.

Bah. The 360 PoP 2008 had an Epilogue DLC I did not know about. I wonder if I can still download it.

Yes, it's still available to buy on the Xbox store. I'm waiting for a price drop... it's been 87 years.

Top Bottom