• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: Revelations (PSP) vs. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PC) | Side by Side

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Side by side comparison between the PSP and PC versions of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. The PSP version was emulated in high definition.

Wikipedia: A port of Warrior Within was done by Pipeworks Software, renamed as Prince of Persia: Revelations, and was released on December 6, 2005 for PlayStation Portable. The port includes additional content including new areas not available in the original release.

PSP holds very well.

Banned
I never understood the trend back then to rename the ports tho... and PoP even renamed the Wii version of The Two Thrones to "Rival Swords"
super weird...

Last edited:

Larxia

I never understood the trend back then to rename the ports tho... and PoP even renamed the Wii version of The Two Thrones to "Rival Swords"
super weird...
Yeah, and it often even was super misleading, trying to make you think it was a different game.
A lot of games ported to psp were actually older / previous episodes, like this prince of persia, which is actually 2, came out months after the release of 3 on consoles.

The worst exemple I know is SSX On Tour on psp, which is actually SSX 3 with a few added stuff, instead of being the most recent episode it was supposed to be, On Tour. All the world, tracks etc were from SSX 3, it was super strange, I mean it's not necesarilly a bad thing given how great SSX 3 is, but back then I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't the new game it was supposed to be.

PSP had some weird releases.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, and it often even was super misleading, trying to make you think it was a different game.
A lot of games ported to psp were actually older / previous episodes, like this prince of persia, which is actually 2, came out months after the release of 3 on consoles.

The worst exemple I know is SSX On Tour on psp, which is actually SSX 3 with a few added stuff, instead of being the most recent episode it was supposed to be, On Tour. All the world, tracks etc were from SSX 3, it was super strange, I mean it's not necesarilly a bad thing given how great SSX 3 is, but back then I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't the new game it was supposed to be.

SSX On Tour and SSX Blur are the two that I still need to try out one day. I really enjoyed 1, 2, 3, and Reboot.

CamHostage

A lot of games ported to psp were actually older / previous episodes, like this prince of persia, which is actually 2, came out months after the release of 3 on consoles....

Especially since some of the games were different games.

Assassin's Creed PSP, totally different game with its own name, so okay. But then Prince of Persia PSP, both 2 and 3 get new names (but never PoP1 on PSP, why?!) despite being the same with some tweaks, but then Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands was a different game from the console releases (more of a 2.5D game, different play mechanics and different storyline even) yet that had the same name and boxart.

(DS Forgotten Sands was interesting too, might have used the same general levels as the PSP game but a different graphic style?)

Last edited:
I think Warrior Within was one of the first games that really kicked my ass and made me appreciate challenging games. Really wish they’d just release an HD collection or make the 2nd and 3rd game BC on Xbox.

Top Bottom